Chapter Ten: Serpent by Blood.

Hours later when Fangs and Sweet Pea were heading to their own trailers Toni asked where Jinx would go.

"I-I don't know." She answered quietly.

"Haven't you been here like, days?" Toni asked with a frown.

"Yes, I have. But I didn't stay anywhere." She exclaimed.

"Where were you?" Toni asked standing up.

"I got dragged out of Riverdale Toni, without goodbyes. Then suddenly showing up after it's been a while didn't seem logical to me." She huffed.

"Answer the question." Toni said crossing her arms.

"In an alley on the Southside." She answered.

Toni sighed. "You are a Serpent, family."

"I know, the whole serpent by blood thing. But there are things in my life, right now. I have to take care of them." She said raising her hands.

"What things? The serpents can help you." Toni asked with a soft tone.

"Not with this, I got myself into this shit. I'll be done soon." She said crossing her arms.

"What do you mean? Done with what?" Toni interrogated her.

"Toni, I can't tell. Just tell the Serpents I'll be gone Thursday night." She spoke with a serious voice.

"Are you leaving again." She asked with a confused voice.

Slowly standing up she answered. "I'm not, I'm coming back I think. There are just some things I'll have to do sometimes."

"You think? Really? Where are you going Thursday?" Toni said slightly raising her voice.

"Sorry, Toni. I can't tell you. This is on me." She said grabbing the back of her head in frustration.

"Fine. But don't betray the Serpents." Toni answered.

Jinx stood there with a shocked expression. "Never, would I betray my family. I'll die for them without hesitation."

"Remember that." She answered in a low voice.

Toni smiled at her. "So you still gonna tell me where you are going right now?"

"My stuff is still at Pop's, maybe I can stay there for another night." She answered whilst thinking.

"You stayed at Pop's diner for one night? No, you've been here longer than two days." Toni asked with a hesitant expression.

Jinx smiled to the ground sadly. "I didn't sleep, I didn't sleep much. I've been strolling in Riverdale, or in this dark alley on the Southside."

"An alley? She asked.

"Yes Toni, I said and alley. Or no sleeping at all. I'm tired as fuck and I just want to go to Pops already and sleep for days." She said raising her voice slightly.

Toni sighed. "You can stay here if you want, pick up your stuff tomorrow." She suggested.

"Thanks Toni, Are you sure?" Jinx asked not wanting to push her or something.

She smiled. "No it's totally fine with me, I have a spare room. I can borrow you some clothes."

"Toni."

"Hmm?"

Jinx smiled. "Your the best."

"Your family." Toni answered with a smile.

*

It was actually a day later than what they thought they would pick up the sack. But Toni let Jinx sleep through the day, she saw she needed the rest.

"Here, are some clothes." Toni said while handing Jinx a small pile of clothes and a black pair of boots.

It was a black and really short crop top with holes, a black high-waisted ripped shorts and some fishnet leggings. And of course her iconic Serpents jacket with the S-shaped snake on the back.

When she walked out of the spare room, Toni noticed her left arm covered in tattoos. Also the other tattoos. The one under her breast, on her back, on her right hip, her right side of her neck and behind her left ear.

Toni smirked. "Don't you look badass today."

"I'm going for the 'stop going for the guys that ruin your mascara but for the guys who ruin your lipstick' look." She grinned.

Toni grinned widely. "You sure as hell look like that."

"Come on, were heading to Pop's." Jinx said holding the door for Toni,

They walked out the door and Toni asked her if she wanted to ride on the back of her motorcycle.

Jinx smirked.

She grabbed the key that FP hid in her Serpent jacket pocket and dangled them between her fingers in Toni's face.

A minute later the loud roaring of a motorcycle was heard and Jinx came racing from behind FP's trailer.

*

When they saw Pop's diner it was crawling with people.

Walking inside she looked for Poptate.

She received a few stares and glares together with Toni.

"Pop, are you here?!" She yelled.

He appeared from behind the counter with a smile.

"Foxface!"

She slowly walked around the counter because of the fresh wound and hugged him tightly.

"Pop what happened here?" She asked looking around the place.

Outside, they were cleaning the window and repainting the place.

Inside, balloons floated around and was decorated with flags and other things that hung loosely from the walls.

"Betty there is organizing something so we can stay open." He answered.

"But it doesn't look like anyone is coming." He said with a sigh.

"I'm sure she will save the place Pop." She smiled while hugging him again.

"Do you have my stuff here?" She asked him.

"I do.." He said walking to the back to retrieve the sack.

"Here you go." He said handing her the sack.

"Thanks Pop." She smiled and walked back to Toni that was picking the dirt from under her nails.

Toni saw her coming her way in the corner of her eye and asked. "Ready to go?"

Nodding she slung the sack over her shoulder and walked out into the ocean of stares, glares and whispers behind her back.