Chapter Twenty-Five: Salary.

Jinx was anxiously preparing for the dinner that Veronica had invited her to. She just came out the shower. She dried her body and laid her outfit on her bed. She inspected it for the last time before approving it and she changed in the clothes.

After she dried her hair she pulled it in a chic bun she clasped on her jewelry and spun the rings on her fingers. She threw on her heeled boots and went on the search for a coat or a jacket that would fit the outfit.

After rummaging through her clothes she settled for a long nudged coat. She sprayed herself with some more deodorant and perfumes and went out the door. She pulled the cap of her bike helmet on and pulled out her keys and started the engine.

*

She just walked inside the building and a man in a suit walked towards her along side Veronica who smiled kindly at her.

"I'm glad you came." She told Jinx before giving her a small hug.

"Thanks for inviting me V." Jinx smiled at her.

"You can give your helmet and coat to André, and when you go he'll give it back to you." Veronica said while signing for Andre to take her coat and helmet.

*

"Daddy, this is Neavys." Veronica said to her father. But she didn't sound very convincing. It was like her father already knew her.

"Ah. Nice to finally meet you." Veronica's dad smiled at her while holding out his hand for her to shake.

Smiling she took his hand. "Glad to meet you Mr.Lodge."

His hand tightened a bit around her hand.

"Call me Hiram." He said with a smile.

He released her hand and turned his head to his wife that walked towards them. "I believe you two had already met."

She smiled warmly at her. "Nice to see you again Neavys." She said before air kissing her check.

"How are you doing, I haven't seen you for a while." Jinx smiled.

"I'm good thank you." Said Hermione.

Archie stood in the back next to Veronica and was a bit jealous of how familiar they already were to each other.

On the other hand. Veronica was happily smiling at how friendly her parents were towards her new found friend. After all. Veronica was told by her father himself to invite her to this small dinner. Off course she obeyed.

"Veronica, if you would just excuse me and Neavys for a moment." Hiram said to his daughter, but he also meant his wife.

Veronica smiled confused. "Ofcourse daddy, come on Archie."

She softly tugged at his arm before retreating in Veronica's bedroom. Hermione started walking to the kitchen. And Hiram escorted Jinx to his study.

Jinx didn't stop smiling politely until the door of the study closed. She turned around and crossed her arms. And just waited for him to talk.

He gestured to two chairs that stood in front of the roaring fires of fire place. "Please sit down."

She reluctantly said down and crossed her arms waiting for him to continue.

He laced his fingers together and softly and  mischievously laughed at her. "Quite the exit you made at the prison."

She grinned. "Did you enjoy the show?"

He stood up again laughing. "I've been watching you ever since you left that building." He answered while pouring her a glass full of alcohol and one layer of it for himself in his own glass.

He handed her the glass. "What did you think of the fight, I thought I would spice it up some more." He smirked.

"So that was you who put something in my water?" Jinx asked him and took a bit gulp of the whiskey.

"Magic mushroom tea." He corrected her.

"You drugged me." She growled in a low voice.

"I just came on the idea." He answered all innocent.

"Actually, I bought the prison. And I bought you." He said again.

"You can't buy me." She growled.

She was angry at what he was saying, but she knows she can't do anything about this. These people were far above her status. And every bit of anger was hanging down on her shoulders. She drank the whole glass and slammed it on the table. But soft enough so it wouldn't break.

"What do you want with me now?" She asked him.

"I want to manage you. I hope to come to an understanding, a mutual respect." He answered while leaning slightly in.

"Depends on what I get from it." She asked leaning in further.

Hiram stood up again and look her glass. He filled it again and handed it to her. He shoved his hand in his pocket while silently sipping his drink.

"I want to earn some money with this, you will work your way up in the world of fighting and earn more. I'll give you a fair share yourself." He said looking at the fire place.

"How many?" She asked again.

"25%." He offered.

"Fifty." She said.

"Thirty." He offered again.

She scoffed. "Forty."

He sighed but then held out his hand. "Agreed."

They shook hands and continued talking. It was like Hiram was making her drunk because he kept pouring her drinks. When she was sure he gave her almost a bottle she slowed her drinking.

She even started souring a bit and swaying but she held it in. She didn't have any drinks in a year. But she felt nice letting go of some of her worries and just letting flush everything away.

"So why do you want the prison?" She asked while downing the last of her new drink.

"I am going to sell it again for a higher price. There are great plans for Riverdale." He answered.

"What plans exactly." She asked almost dropping the glass from her hand.

Hiram caught it and answered again. "Great plans." He whispered.

"Don't you have like, tons of money." She asked sitting up. "Why don't execute this great plan of yours right now?"

He chuckled and stares at the glass in his hand. "We need more time, we have things we need to do first. Achievements to reach."

"Why me?" She asked staring him in the eyes.

"Since the beginning you were the fighter with the most potential. People were already bidding on you since you stared fighting. Fortunately I had the highest." He smiled.

She whispered. "Fortunately... Well at least I'm getting paid now."

She didn't really believe everything he said. He would betray her every time she would turn her back to him.

He chuckled and wanted to talk but they got interrupted by a knock and Hermione entered. "Their here."