Chapter One

Hi Guys. I was rereading this story after so long and god was it bad. The true writing of a brain-dead 15-year-old and now that I'm a brain-dead 19-year-old, who's paying way too much for Grammarly I've decided to rewrite this book. I'll be changing a lot and keeping a lot so please Old readers and new check out the revised and probably better Monsters.

Haze's POV

I sat on my bed with my earbuds in, the soothing sounds of depressing music playing on full blast. I just starred at the ceiling as tears began to roll down my face.

The feeling of complete loneliness and melancholy took over me like it seemed to do every night.

I was startled by the sound of my phone alarm and I realized that once again I had stayed up all night listening to music and trying to keep the dread from swallowing me whole.

This was common for me and it was no longer shocking how fast night could become day. I pulled out my earbuds rubbing my eyes.

I sat up feeling the beginnings of a throbbing headache that I was prone to getting and could feel the pain just behind my eyes.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and I sighed ignoring it not ready to deal with my parent's peppy attitude with no sleep, a headache, and depression.

"Haze I know you're up." My dad said but I don't answer.

"If you keep missing school like this you're going to fail." He said and I rolled my eyes still not answering and knowing that it was just a matter of time until he brought out my only kryptonite.

"Look, Haze, I get what you're going through and I get it. But it won't be that bad." Danny said and I finally sat up unable to say no to Danny, my other dad.

Danny was far more likable than the sometimes cold, always abrasive Mark. He could be strong when he needed to but he was soft and wouldn't hurt a fly and if he did, he would probably nurse the fly back to health then set out sugar water for it if it ever decided to stop by and visit. In other words, someone only a true psychopath would hurt.

But they both meant the world to me. In one way or another, they saved me. However, I could never tell them the truth about me being gay. I loved them more than anything and I never wanted them to think that it was somehow their fault.

I made my way to the door before unlocking it. When I opened it was met with a slightly concerned Danny and Mark looking at me.

"You going?" Mark asked and I nodded.

Even though he often tried to hide it I could still hear his British accent that I always liked.

I nod and Danny smiled warmly.

"Good! Now I don't have to drive Miami." He says happily.

"I'm going back to bed!" He says and I raise my hand to stop him.

Danny was thin with extremely long black hair and pale skin. Even though he was almost thirty-two he only looked like he was in his mid-twenties. He, like always, was wearing an extremely long shirt that was no doubt Marks and a pair of shorts. I suspected Mark buys shirts a few sizes too big for the reason alone.

"Actually I was planning on walking," I say and he ignored me.

"Wake me up in three days." Mark only smiled, Danny being the one thing that could bring out his soft side.

I was pretty sure if you let him, Danny could sleep for a week only waking up to eat and cuddle with Mark, but more often than not, Mark made him get up and be productive, even though at this point the two only worked because they had nothing better to do.