Chapter Two

1997

    It's been one year since Wolfgang joined the adoption center. He was an introvert. He didn't talk to anyone and no one had ever heard the sound of his voice. He always stayed in his corner, drawing animals with his crayons. "Wolfgang I need you to come with me," Anna, an assistant that Wolfgang only trusted though he didn't speak to her, said. The now four years old boy looked up and slowly sat up; afraid he'd done something wrong. He took Anna's hand and let her leading him toward the meeting room. Wolfgang recognized the room, and he didn't really like it. He held Anna's hand tighter to show him his fear. "It's okay Wolfgang, you're safe," she said softly. She walked into the room, Wolfgang hiding behind her legs. He looked up to see two men sat on the couch, both with blue eyes; the one on the left had them brighter. He had brown hair and the other had black hair. They were pretty impressive, and Wolfgang, who was very shy, was a bit scared. Anna, who was standing in front of them, cleared her throat, "Okay so, gentlemen, I would like to introduce you Wolfgang," she looked down at her legs, Wolfgang was hiding behind them, "Wolfgang say hello please," the little boy shook his head, burying his head against her legs. He couldn't talk; he couldn't let these two strangers hear his voice.

    "He seems really shy," the man with black hair said, smiling.

    "He is Mr. Kruspe. I have to admit, I've never heard the sound of his voice," Anna said sadly. The two men looked at her, then at the little boy.

    "But why? Is he mute?" Mr. Kruspe asked. Anna shook her head.

    "He's not. He can talk, he just never did. He's traumatized actually. His mother wasn't there for him and he didn't have a dad. One year ago policemen brought him here. They said his mother had killed herself by setting the house on fire. And little Wolfgang was in. Fortunately he was rescued by the firefighters," Anna explained. Both of the men were in tears.

    "Oh my God... This poor child..." The other man said.

    "I know Mr. Schneider," Anna sighed, "I'll let you meet him," She looked down at Wolfgang and knelt in front of him. "Okay little one, I'll let you meet your new dads. I'll be back in five minutes okay?" Wolfgang was shaking but he nodded, making Anna smile, "Thank you Wolfgang, have fun," she ruffled his hair and left the room, leaving the young boy alone with the strangers. He swallowed his saliva before turning toward them. They both were sadly smiling at him.

    "Hello Wolfgang," Mr. Schneider began, kneeling toward him, "I'm Christoph, but you can call me Daddy," Wolfgang shyly nodded. He seemed really nice. Mr. Kruspe sat up and joined them.

    "I'm Richard," He smiled, "But you can call me Dad," Wolfgang nodded again and stood awkwardly in front of his Dad and his Daddy who were now sitting down on the floor. They both were smiling. They knew they had to be careful with the little boy. He seemed so fragile, and Schneider was in tears.

    "What's wrong Babe?" Richard asked, wrapping his arms around Christoph's shoulders.

    "I'm just so sad for him. He didn't deserve that. He should be happy, living his life and all," Schneider was fully crying now. Richard was rubbing his back, looking sad too. Wolfgang felt a little guilty. He knew that is Daddy was crying because of him, and he didn't really expect that, since his mother never showed him that kind of emotion. Wolfgang took a deep breath and walked closer to his Daddy and climbed on his lap. He then wrapped his little arms around his neck and stayed like that for a long time. Schneider was shocked. He didn't think the little child would hug him that easily. That showed Wolfgang was very compassionate. He hugged him back and cried into his small shoulder, Richard wrapping his arms around both of them.

    "I see you are clearly made for each other," Anna said as she entered the room, smiling. She was happy for the little boy; he had found a loving family, even if it was two men. Schneider and Richard both looked up, Schneider wiping his tears away. They both smiled.

    "Yeah," Richard said, "He's really cute and nice. He's very compassionate though, and that's adorable," he was smiling widely. Wolfgang was still in Christoph's arms, hugging him. He liked his Daddy's warmth, it made him feel safe.

    "Aw that's really good, that means he likes you. You know, he's very distant with the other children, he never speaks to them or go play with them. He always stays alone," Richard nodded. "You're both in a band right? Um... Rammstein is that it?" Wolfgang pulled away from Schneider's neck and looked at Anna. She chuckled. "Oh yeah I didn't tell you, he really loves your music. It's practically the only music he bears. He hates pop music and all," Christoph chuckled and ruffled Wolfgang's hair.

    "Well, I'm glad you like us, we won't disappoint you Little One," Wolfgang smiled and his eyes lighten up. His dads were from Rammstein. The four years old snuggled up against Schneider's torso and took his shirt with his little hand to not let him go.

    "I have the feeling he's gonna be a very good guitarist," Richard said, smiling. Schneider looked at him and shook his head.

    "No way, he's gonna be a drummer," they both laughed. Anna chuckled too and sat down on the couch.

    "Gentlemen, I need you to fill these papers so Wolfgang will be able to go home with you," she said, interrupting the musicians' laughs. They both sat up, Schneider carrying the little boy into his arms. The drummer put his hands under Wolfgang's underarms and put him onto Richard's lap, who accepted him gladly and wrapped his arms around his little waist. Wolfgang was happy. He had a new family, who was very nice to him. He already loved his Dads, "Do you live with a lot of people?" Anna asked as the two men were filling the papers. They both stopped and Richard broke the silence.

    "Well... We live with our band mates. They are like our roommates if you want. But don't worry they are civilized," Schneider let out a little laugh, "They are!" Richard complained. Anna nodded.

    "And how much are they?" She asked. Richard let out a nervous laugh.

    "Well... four," He shyly answered.

    "It's a lot," Anna pointed out, "Wolfgang is very shy and had to be in a calm space, and--"

    "I assure you it's calm!" Richard panicked, making Wolfgang look at him worriedly, "We don't play anything too loud and we never yell or anything," Richard tried to explain. Anna noticed his panic, he thought that he couldn't keep Wolfgang because of that.

    "Don't worry Mr. Kruspe," she chuckled, "I didn't mean to scare you. Don't worry, as long as the house is not too loud for him, it's fine," she reassured him. Richard sighed in relief and began filling the papers again.

    Soon they finished, papers were well filled and the little family was ready to go, Wolfgang in Richard's arms, snuggling against him, "Do we have to pack his stuff?" Schneider asked.

    "Well...Actually he doesn't have any. He came here with nothing," Anna said sadly. Schneider looked at his boyfriend.

    "Well... Fortunately we bought everything before right?" Richard nodded proudly, still carrying Wolfgang.

    "Yup, he won't miss of anything," Anna smiled.

    "Good. Well you are free to go," She guided the little family through the adoption center and then said goodbye to Wolfgang, "Goodbye Little Man, I hope you'll be happy," she smiled at him and he smiled back and nodded, "I'll miss you." she added. Wolfgang just nodded. He wanted to say that he would miss her too but he couldn't speak, he wasn't ready yet. He shyly waved at her and then they left. Christoph and Richard were so happy. They could finally bring their son home.