Chapter Five

1st of September 1997

     It was Wolfgang’s first day of Kindergarten, and he was super anxious. He hadn’t slept a lot so he was very tired. He didn’t want to leave his fathers, “Come on Wolfy, we’ll be late,” his Daddy called. The little boy was dressed and with his backpack into his bedroom. He was shaking like a leaf, he didn’t want to go. He was scared about meeting other children. He really was an introvert and was very shy. So the combo wasn’t really cool for the school, “Hey you okay?” Christoph walked into the bedroom and knelt beside his son. Wolfgang shook his head and buried his head into his Daddy’s neck, for comfort. The drummer quickly understood, “Hey Wolfy it’s okay. You won’t be hurt in there, you’ll be fine. Plus you will make friends! Isn’t it cool?” Wolfgang shook his head. He didn’t need friends, he already had a family. He didn’t need more. Doom sighed, “Listen Wolfgang, I promise you we will go buy ice creams when school is over, alright?” Wolfgang shook his head again. Schneider sighed again, remembering that Wolfgang wasn’t like most kids and that treats like ice creams or candies didn’t work on him, “Okay um… If you want we’ll go to the studio and I’ll show you my drum kit, alright?” Wolfgang froze. That was way more interesting than treats. He slowly nodded and pulled away from his Daddy. His Daddy was smiling, happy that he found something to convince his son, “It settled then, let’s go now,” he sat up, took Wolfgang’s hand in his and then they left the flat to join Richard who was waiting in the car.

    “You took your time eh?” Richard pointed out.

    “Yeah sorry, I had to convince this little one to go to school. As a result I have to bring him to the studio and show him the drums,” Schneider explained and Richard chuckled.

    “Well good luck, you finally realized that treats didn’t work on him, didn’t you?” The drummer looked down.

    “Yeah that sucks. It would be easier, but it’s fine, I mean, he’s going to be a great musician,” the guitarist nodded.

    “Yeah.”

     The ride was silent, only the music coming from the radio could be heard. It was metal, of course. They arrived at the school and Wolfgang didn’t feel safe anymore. There were too much people in here. He grabbed his Dad’s and Daddy’s hand and walked with them into the building. They found Wolfgang’s classroom and talked to the teacher. She wasn’t really tall, she had black hair and brown eyes, she seemed nice, but Wolfgang still on guard.

    “Hello, I am Mrs Becker, this is Wolfgang Schneider I suppose,” she asked. His parents nodded.

    “Yes this is him,” Doom answered, “So you know he doesn’t talk right?” He asked quite anxiously. She sighed.

    “Yes I was informed. I hope he will realize that he needs to, because it will be complicated for the lessons.”

    “Yeah we know, but it’s not his fault, every day we try to make him talk but he won’t. So we just wait until he’s ready,” Richard explained.

    “Okay fine, we won’t push him too much,” she looked down at the little boy, “Well Wolfgang, you can come into the class,” Wolfgang sighed and extended his arms toward his Dads so he could hug them. The three of them hugged for a few seconds.

    “Have a good day Buddy,” Schneider said and kissed his cheek. Wolfgang nodded and then walked in the classroom slowly. He didn’t know anyone, he was all alone. He sat down on a chair after removing his coat and his backpack and waited. He could see boys and girls playing with little cars, others chatting about something he couldn’t hear, and some others were playing with dolls. Nothing very interesting; Wolfgang wanted music, and there wasn’t any of that. He sighed, he really preferred staying with his family, to dance with uncle Paulchen or read books with Uncle Flake. He already missed them.