(PART 3)Into the unknown-Ian x Fem!Reader

AUTHORS NOTE:I forgot to say this happens when you and Ian are 17

Ian followed you up the stairs nervously,gripping the stairway banister.

"Ian!We're finally going to figure this out!",You whispered to him excitedly,causing him to smile softly."Yeah..",He said."I'm happy for you,I'm just abit nervous about this...",He said softly.

You kissed his cheek,"I promise you,we will be okay."

"Do you promise we stick together....through this all?I just want you to trust me on this",Ian asked you nervously.

At some point,I'll have to do this on my own.

"I promise you Ian,I want you to help me.",You said,though you were nervous that you would have to do this on your own at some point.

"Now,let's get ready."

"Alright.",Ian said,smiling at you.He went into the Bedroom with you as you two got ready.

Barley waited downstairs,tossing his keys.He smiled as he saw you two come down."Ready you two?Come along now!A quest awaits!"

You laughed softly as you looked for your second pair of slip ons.You put them on and went to the guinevere with Ian and Barley.Ian took the staff into his hand as he walked out.

You got into the back of guinevere and sat down onto the ground.You played around with flurries that flew off of your finger tips.

"Maybe things will be better when we get to Ahtohallan..",You whispered to yourself."You're right.",Ian said to you softly."Things will get better."

"You're right.",You said softly to him,pecking your lips against his softly.

"Aww,look at you two flirting and being all cute",Barley smiled softly and continued to drive.

"Oh my god Barley.",Ian chuckled.Barley smirked.The wind was settling down,but was still heavy.

You sighed as you looked around,"I still can't believe I did this."

"It's okay Hun!We'll figure it out!",Ian said nervously,just wanting you to be happy and okay.

Barley looked over at Ian with furrowed eyebrows,but sighed and looked back to the road.

As Barley merged onto the highway,He looked at you and smiled,"The road we are entering is the ride to ruins",Barley announced,swerving off the highway."It's getting late.You two should get sleep.",Barley said to them,smiling.You sighed,"Alright,I'm tired anyway..Do you have a blanket back here?"

"One is somewhere near the back door.",Barley said,gripping the wheel abit more.

You were out quickly after finding the blanket,laying on the back seat.Ian was tired,but decided to stay awake for abit longer.

"Hey Ian,how in love with her are you?"

"Hmm?"

"How much do you love her?She is your fair maiden,and you must treat her as such.How much?"

"I love her alot,like more than anything.",Ian said softly,smiling.

Barley smiled,"And would you dedicate your life to her?"

"Wait what?"

"You heard me.",Barley said,glancing at Ian.

"You know what?I would."

"Good,good.You dedicate yourself to her and that's a good thing.",Barley said to Ian softly,smiling.

"Why did you want to ask me about her so much?",Ian laughed softly.

"When are you proposing?",Barley asked abruptly,causing Ian's eyes to widen."Wait what?"

"Proposal?I get your 17 but does that come to mind?Ever?",Barley asked,looking over to Ian.

"I guess it has.I would love to..propose.But I just haven't sat and thought about it yet.",Ian said nervously,looking at Barley.

"Besides,we are only 17.",Ian said.Barley laughed softly,"I know,I know.You're a lucky guy."

Ian chuckled softly and soon fell asleep.

"Good night brother."

□■□■□■

"Welcome to the ride to ruins!",Barley announced as you slowly got up.You yawned and stretched.It was a dirt path that was in a grassy area."Good morning Hun.",Ian smiled at you tiredly.You kissed his cheek softly and continued to view the path.

Barley smiled and continued to drive,"Anyway,Good morning ___.Nice to have you awake."

"Thanks.Good morning to you two."

"Oh,and by the way,you froze apart of the seat in your sleep.But it will melt.",Barley said,causing you to whip your head back."Oh I'm sorry!"

"It's okay Hun!Like he said,it'll melt!",Ian said frantically,looking back to you.

You smiled at him,"Yeah..I think I'm gonna go back to sleep for now if that's alright.I'm still tired."

It took you a few minutes to fall back asleep.Barley looked over to Ian,"You need to let her be independent."

"Huh?"

"Let her be independent.We're here to support her."

"That's all I'm doing,Barley.Do you have a problem with that?",Ian said defensively,looking over at Barley.

"No.It's just that you're getting too..clingy.You'll have to let her go on her own at some point."

"I'm just nervous?"

"Ian,I just don't want you to get yourself into something you won't understand."

"what do you mean?"

"I may not be afraid of alot,But I'm afraid of losing you.I just..want you to be abit smarter about this."

Ian sighed,"You're right..Barley,I'm sorry."

"No,I get it,I was being harsh.I'm sorry.",Barley said to Ian,setting his hand on Ian's shoulder."The next time we get out of this car I'm going to hug you so tight."

"Please..don't.",Ian said before Barley laughed.

"She'll be up by the time we finish the path,Ian.",Barley said softly.

"For now,let's just hope we don't run into a gelatinous cube again."

AUTHORS NOTE:Thank you for reading this far!I'm genuinely just trying to get this out as fast as I possibly can so sorry if it seems abit rushed akdnewodn