Chapter Seven | I Feel Like A Thirteen-Year-Old Fangirl

~C~

From: Ethan .
Sent at: 10:04 PM
Can I call you?

I was totally not freaking out. If my assumptions were right then I was talking to the prince. And he wanted to call me. Why he reached out to me was still something I wanted to ask him, but I was scared. Because while I had a feeling that my theory was right, what if it wasn't?

I had only met one person named Ethan that day and it was the prince. But what if it was some creepy old dude who was about to catfish me? I mean, no that's not logical if he wanted to call me. I'd recognize his voice.

The conversation stayed silent. I kept staring at his message and I hadn't replied yet. He must've thought I'd bailed since I saw him go offline. I didn't want him to think I left but I didn't know how to respond. Obviously I wanted to call him, talk to him. I'd felt a connection and it appears that I hadn't imagined it otherwise he wouldn't have looked me up but I was still scared.

From: Corey Saunders
Sent at: 10:10 PM
Yes.

That simple word made me feel all giddy inside. Prince Ethan wanted to call me and I'd agreed. Never in a million years had I thought I'd say that.

It took him a while to reply. I understood. He'd gone offline so I suspected he'd gone to bed. I wasn't ready to go offline yet though, afraid that I would miss his call so I grabbed my sketchpad and started drawing randomly. It helped calm the anxiety building up inside my chest and made me focus on something else.

My phone beeped and I grabbed it.

Incoming voice call from Ethan .

I gulped and slid to answer. "Hello?" I mentally cursed for my voice to come out so shaky and soft.

"Corey?" his voice spoke clearly through the microphone. I didn't have to have a video call with him, I'd recognize that voice anywhere. "Hello?"

"Yes, hi. I'm sorry, I can't believe that this is happening." I said quickly before he hung up, thinking I'd left.

His soft chuckles fill my room and I blush. This couldn't actually be happening. I'd wake up in a few minutes in my room, ready to start another day.

"I apologize again for the suddenness of all of this." He said. "I hope I'm not way out of line here." He sounded nervous which I also couldn't believe was happening.

"You're totally okay, sir," I assured. "Although I must admit that I am confused by why you reached out to me." I want to smack myself for talking so strangely. I wasn't comfortable talking formally.

"I'm sure you are. I'm wondering that myself, actually." He stayed silent for a second, while we both were trying to think of what to say. "I hope I'm not about to make a fool of myself and I hope that you know to just tell me if I am, but I thought we had a connection that day." He sighed against the microphone, the sound tickling my ear. "Am I wrong?"

I was grinning now. I hadn't imagined it at all. "No, I felt it too," I admit. "I thought I was imagining things." I shakily laughed.

"Great." I could tell from his voice that he was smiling. I was too. I didn't know what to say next but I felt comfortable just enjoying the silence with him on the other line. "I would like to get to know you more, Corey."

"I would like that, sir. Very much." It felt weird calling someone I just admitted to having feelings for sir but I didn't know what else to call him. He was still the prince and I didn't want to come across as rude.

"Just Ethan, please. It feels weird when you call me sir after our confessions just now." Came his voice with another soft chuckle. I already loved hearing his chuckle, I didn't want to imagine what his actual laugh would do to me.