• o n e

"happy birthday bitch!!!" nailah screams through the phone once 12 am hits

"thank you!!!"

"where's your mark?!" she asks excitedly.

i look down at my hands and a bright yellow mark is on my right hand.

"it's yellow." i say softly with a smile.

she chuckles. "yellow is rare but of course yours would be yellow, you have nothing to be sad about."

she's right.

my parents are together and they both raised me great. i have great friends and i do good in school. i have absolutely nothing to be sad about.

"finally our baby got her mark." she coos.

"wait! i need to find my soulmate!" i yell out my sudden thought.

"we can look tomorrow at school."

"okay." i say between a yawn.

nailah lays in bed and pulls her blankets to her chin.
"we should hang up. we have school tomorrow."

"goodnight. i love you."

"goodnight. i love you too."

~time skip~

the song what can i do by day6 starts to ring through out my room helping me realize it's time for me to go to school.

i practically jump out of bed and run to the bathroom to get ready, already excited for the day.

i throw on my outfit and apply on more makeup than usual. i curl my hair and brush it out.

once i'm done i go downstairs to see my mom cooking breakfast with my dads arms wrapped around her waist

"good morning!!" i say happily as i sit myself down at the dining table.

my dad walks away from my mom and comes up to me, laying a soft kiss on my forehead. "happy birthday beautiful."

"thank you dad."

my mom walks in with a plate of food in one of her hands, the other having a glass of orange juice.

she places it in front of me then kisses the side of my head. "happy birthday baby."

"thank you." i respond and quickly pick up my fork, ready to gobble down on the delicious breakfast in front of me.

"what color is your mark?" my mom asks with a grin.

"it's yellow."

"no surprise there." my dad responds.

"what color is your mark?" i ask them as i pick up a peice of pancake.

"blue." they both say at the same time.

"what does it stand for??"

my mom sits in my dads lap and smiles at me. "wisdom and loyalty."

i continue to munch on the breakfast with a content smile on my face while i stare at the in love couple in front of me.

a/n: lets get this show on the road!!