First Date [tate langdon imagine request]

GAH YES! Some more Evan imagines for my babies!✌️😊😍
I have mixed feelings for Tate... But he's gorgeous so YA know. ALSO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN A FEW DAYS. Keep requests coming😘
ANYWAY ENJOY
_______IMAGINE_____________
*buzz*
TATE: [y/n] meet me in your backyard ASAP. Wear something cute 😏
ME: What's going on?
TATE: ASAP
I couldn't help but smile. Tate was one of my closest friends, although he was the most mysterious person I've ever known. I changed out my pajamas and put on my favorite band t shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. I looked at my outfit and the mirror before walking into my backyard, careful to make sure my parents didn't wake up.
Tate grabbed me from behind and spun me around as soon as I walked outside. we were both laughing like kids. "What is This? What is this about?" I asked, dusting myself off. He got in super close. "Well [y/n] I decided we should be dating, so I'm taking you to a picnic on the beach." He said smiling, still only an inch from my face. I could feel myself turn red. "At midnight?" I asked laughing. "Come on baby don't be such a Party pooper." He said kissing my neck.
We walked to his house which was only a street away from mine and stopped in the driveway. "Do you have a car now?" I asked nervous. I didn't want to be caught sneaking out. He waved his moms car keys in front of my face. "Relax." He said opening the door of the car for me. I got in and he looked over to me and smiled. "Are you nervous?" He asked. I shook my head. "Should I be?" I smirked at him. He smiled and kissed me on the lips gently. "I'm surprised how calm you were about me telling you that you're my girlfriend." He said pulling out of the drive way. I shrugged. "I knew we would end up together at some point." He chucked softly. "Yeah me to. I was working through all the ways to ask you out in my head since we met, but I fucked it up a little tonight I guess." He said. "Try again then." I said staring at him. "Just wait." He whispered, eyes on the road.
When we got to the beach he pulled a blanket and a picnic basket out of the car and set up a beautiful spot on the sand. He sat down and patted the spot next to him, motioning for me to sit.
"Okay.
Let's try a more romantic version." He said facing me.
"Will you be my girlfriend [y/n]?" He asked handing me a cupcake.
"My mom made these." He mumbled, noticing the botched up frosting job.
"Of course Tate." I smiled.
He wrapped his arm around me and we sat under the moon and talked for hours. About family, friends, school, and our own personal issues.
"You know something [y:n]?" He asked as I rested my head on his shoulder. "I think we are simply meant to be. You make me happier than I've ever felt. Did you know I was depressed all through middle school and freshman year? I still am, but not with you. Never with you. When I'm with you-" he began to tear up. "When I'm with you I'm so happy. And my life has meaning. And I owe all of that to you [y:n]." He wiped his eyes with his sleeve. "So thank you." He said kissing me on the top of the head. I kissed him on the lips and smiled. "Thank you Tate. For being my entire world and more."
We stayed, relaxed and in love until 4 am when we decided we should go back home before our parents woke up.
"Let's hang out Tommorow." I said as we packed up our picnic stuff.
"Promise?" He asked with a puppy-dog pout. I giggled. "I promise."

MEH.
Not my best...
What did you guys think?
Please comment!
Xoxo
theWizardofloneliness