▪️Gurukul▪️

" Aacharya*.... Did I learn everything ?"

Ranjit Singh asked enthusiastic at his  Guruji, who was sitting on  Padmasan , the yogic posture...

  Aacharya' s wisdom filled eyes shrunk at him ... Tracking his long grown white beard, he called him closure..

Ranjit Singh sat beneath the  widespread banyan tree. Touching  Aacharya's feet , Ranjit smiled...

" Aacharya...did I learn everything correctly?"

He repeated the question...

Aacharya' s lips curled into a smile to witness the ten year old boy' s eagerness...

" My child... You have learnt whatever your father wanted you to be"

He said calmly...

The ten year old boy's face shrunk immediately...

" But... Aacharya... I wanted to be a warrior..."

Sometimes,  fate has it's own face which may be cruel in the beholder's view...  Ranjit was not exception...

Born in a wealthy merchandise  community , he should take care of all  his father 's business according to the societal norms..

Contrarily ,  traveling far away in ships and merchandising to earn the wealth was not at all his dream..

His dream was to become a warrior... A warrior like Shravan , who was  excelled in all warfares...

Truly, until he meets shravan  he was on his father's terms ... He wanted to learn the principles of merchandise and marketing..

But, Shravan's friendship and his good heart attracted Ranjit .. He began to worship their friendship and wanted to be a warrior like Shravan which  was entirely opposite to his community norms  and his father's wish...

     Initially Aacharya thought that it was a mere attraction and sooner Ranjit would get back to his father's dream...

He was mistaken in Ranjit's case.. 

Ranjit was stubborn and started to learn the war skills.  He did relatively good in what he learnt...

  Shravan and Ranjit's friendship grew up in learning the war skills ...

  Currently, Aacharya struggled to answer Ranjit's question... Ethically, he should not teach the war skills to Ranjit..  Though, he didn't want the little child to be disappointed... Hence, he accepted to impart the knowledge what Ranjit wished merely...

   Shravan!!!

He will be the right person to handle Ranjit at present...!!!

Aacharya' s eyes roamed over the green valley around the Gurukul where the disciples were doing their daily chores  like splitting the logs , mowing the grass , collecting the flowers for pooja  etc...

Aacharya's eyes spotted Shravan... Shravan was  arranging  the swords and Spears  ...

" Shravan...."

Shravan turned to Aacharya's voice.. witnessing his gesture to come near him , shravan paced to him..

Standing in front of the Aacharya , Shravan bowed him respectfully...