26 | Friday

This chapter is dedicated to allmylovestyles

Day 26,

I was right, this was the first night in a long time that I fell asleep quickly, getting the best sleep I could possibly think of and woke up feeling joyful even though I was the only one laying in my bed.

Super motivated, I jumped out of my bed, dancing to my wardrobe, picking an outfit that I liked and went for a shower. The warm water run over my body, waking me up for good and reminding me that yesterday had happened and that it wasn't just some twisted dream.

In a good mood I strolled down the stairs when I was ready and greeted my family in a friendly sound, sitting at the chair I always set on, sending and extra smile into Luke's direction who was grinning widely back.

"Someone's in a good mood", my mom stated, reaching me a plate filled with pasta.

"I am", I smiled taking the plate and putting it in front of me, sceptically looking at the food that was laying on it.

"Pasta for breakfast?", I asked raising an eyebrow.

Calum broke out in laughter: "have you looked at the clock? It's one pm"

"No way", I said, my mouth forming a big 'o', "I never sleep that long."

"Let me guess, you stayed up late, watching Netflix?", my dad asked.

The flame in my belly lit up as I thought about last night.

"Something like that, yeah", I smirked and couldn't help but send a quick glance to the platinum blond boy, who was hardly trying to hold in his laughter.

"I have good news", my mom said during lunch, "the government allows to go grocery shopping. And we really need to fill up our stock, there's not a lot left."

"Does this mean we can leave the house?", I asked excited. "And I thought this day couldn't get any better!"

"Yes, it does", she smiled, "But there are some conditions: two people at most and you have to wear a face mask and rubber gloves."

"Who cares, we can finally go outside for once", Calum said, his face lighting with the same energy as mine.

"Luke and I will go today", he quickly added before anyone else could say something.

"But Mommy promised that I could go today", Ana, who was sitting to my right, almost began to cry.

"Yes, guys, let this cute little bean go first", I agreed. My sister's smile immediately came back.

"You're just saying that because you want to be the one who goes with her", Cal rolled his eyes.

I only shrugged, he wasn't wrong, I knew that it'd probably be me who goes with Ana, but it wasn't the main reason why I defended her. She surely did not have the patience to wait for another few days, especially if mom had already told her that she could go. And if she still had to, it wouldn't only be a pain for her but also for us because we were the ones who had to hear her complaining all day long.

"I actually had hoped that you could go with your sister", my mom said.

"Why him?", I said with a disgusted look on my face, "no offense Calum, but I'm clearly Ana's favourite sibling"

"Yes, but Anastasia can't carry that much and needs a lot of help", she explained.

"That's sexist mom, I am strong too", I argued.

"Yes, but your brother is taller and can carry more than you", she raised her voice a bit, starting to get annoyed, "You and Luke can go the next time, end of discussion."