Epilogue

Song of the chapter: Be your everything - Boys Like Girls

Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter, it includes important information about the sequel :)

☆☆☆

It was Sunday, the last day of being under quarantine. Fifty-three days in total. So much had happened; my whole life turned around hundred and eighty degrees, changing everything that would be possible to change.

Right now, we were all standing in the hallway, saying goodbye to Luke who carried his packed suitcases with him, ready to leave our house. I was overwhelmed by the complete situation and couldn't understand that from tomorrow on everything would go back to normal.

Living under quarantine had become second nature for me and I didn't even remember how it was when we still had our freedom and go out with our friends whenever we wanted. My heart jumped out of the chest, as I reminded myself that we had all of that freedom back from tomorrow on, joy rolling all over my body making me forget for a second that I would miss having my boyfriend around all the time.

I started to get used to seeing him every morning when we ate breakfast and that I could just go to him whenever I needed a hug or a kiss. He had become a part of the family and I would lie if I said that letting him go back home was easy, mostly because I knew that he wasn't looking forward to it at all.

My parents were the first one to say goodbye, giving him a quick hug and telling him that they enjoyed having him here for the past one and a half month and that he could come over whenever he wanted. "But now that you aren't only friends with my son, but also dating my daughter, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of you anyway", my father laughed, patting him on the back.

Luke cracked a small smile to cover up the awkwardness, but his eyes told me that he was feeling anything but comfortable, which was only understandable. Ever since everyone knew about us, my dad joked about it all the time, leaving hints that he wasn't too happy that I was in a relationship again and we weren't quite sure if he was only joking or if the words he said were really what he thought.

"Oh, leave that poor boy alone", my mom pushed my dad by side, giving the blond boy another hug, "We're going to miss having you around."

After my parents were done, Ana ran to him, trying to hug him, but ending up wrapping her arms around his legs since she was too short for a proper hug. Her action caused us all to laugh and Luke knelt down so that she could lay her small arms around his neck. "I'll miss you, Lukey."

"I'll miss you too, Anastasia"

Then Calum followed who didn't seem to understand why everyone was making such a big deal out of him leaving, high fiving his best friend with the words: "I'll see you tomorrow at school." Before he left the hallway, leaving me and the blond boy alone behind.

"I know that we'll see each other at school tomorrow too, but I still want to do it right, not like my brother", I smirked, stepping closer to him and placing my hands behind his neck. He chuckled.

I felt the warmth of his fingers on my waist, his thumb slowly moving up and down, sending a tickle through my whole body.

I leaned in, but in the end, it was him who closed the gap between our mouths by laying his soft lips on mine.

In this moment, I was more than happy that the truth was already out and that I didn't have to worry if anyone could see us. We could show our affection as officially as possible, and the best thing was that everyone was okay with it. All my sorrows were faded away and I could finally focus on the positive things in my life.