chapter 5

Callie's pov:

I woke up from someone hugging me, i opened my eyes and saw Chase, he must've snuck in my room last night, he always does that whenever he had a nightmare or when he is scared to sleep alone.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 8 in the morning so i decided to sleep a little bit more. Chase woke me up an hour later to tell me that he wants to go get breakfast.

" ok bubs, let's go" i held out my hand to him and he happily took it.

We went to the dining room, we didn't see our parents there which means they're at work, our helper Mia isn't here today because she took the day off, which means I'm gonna be the one who's gonna cook our breakfast.

I cooked some pancakes and waffles and also bacon, while i let Chase play on his ipad, i served our breakfast and began to eat.

After eating breakfast i heard the doorbell rang, i stood up and head to open the door to see Ruel standing there with a smile on his face. At first i was confused why he was here, i widened my eyes as i realized that we were supposed to hang out today.

Shit i forgot

"You forgot didn't you?" he asked like he just read my mind.

I shook my head " no i didn't " then i saw his eyes looking down at my clothes then he looked up at my eyes again like he's silently saying I'm not even ready yet.

" ok I'm sorry, maybe i did forget, but I'll just make it up to you ok?"

I took him to the living room, we saw Chase playing, he looked up and saw Ruel, he ran towards me and hid behind my leg.

Ruel smiled at him and waved " hi bud " Chase was still hiding behind my leg getting shy.

I picked him up and sat him down on my lap, he hid his face in the crook of my neck, i chuckled " bubs this is Ruel remember him?"

He lifted his head up and nodded slowly " yeah" he whispered softly. He cupped my ear " he's weally tall ".

" so what do you like to play? " Ruel asked Chase.

" i like cars and legos"

" oh really? Why don't we play then?"

Chase got off my lap and ran, he came back with his legos and cars, they played for a while, it was really nice seeing them get along. After they played Chase went upstairs to Caleb.

Ruel stood up and asked me where the kitchen is, we both went to the kitchen, i got some water from the fridge, i turned around and had contact with Ruel's chest, his face was inches away from mine and he was just staring into my eyes.

His eyes are so pretty

We continued staring at each other's eyes until we heard his phone got a notification from twitter. He cleared his throat and moved away from me, i got some glasses for our water and i poured the water.

" hey uhm wanna go get lunch now?" He asked.

" oh yeah, let me just get ready "

After i got ready i went to Caleb's room " hey I'm gonna be out for a few ok?".

" oh where are you going?" He asked looking up from his computer.

" I'm going to hang out with Ruel"

" Ruel?" He eyed me suspiciously.

" yeah why? Is there something wrong?" I asked him curiously.

He went back to looking at his computer " oh nothing, see ya later sis"

" byeeee" i closed his door and went downstairs.

Ruel heard me going down the stairs and looked up from his phone " you ready?".

" yup let's go "

We entered his car and he drove away from my house. It was quiet for a few minutes before he started to speak.

" so where'd you wanna go hm? "

I thought for a second " uhm how about McDonald's? I'm craving for their chicken nuggets "

After we ate at McDonalds, we went to my secret spot, it's where i like to be when i want a little break or when i want a peaceful day.

" you know you're the first person I've brought here so you should feel honored " i joked.

--------------------

Ruel's pov:

I felt really special when she told me i was the first person she brought here, she's making me feel something, everytime i think about her i get excited.

I had a smirk on my face " oh really. I must be really special then? "

She rolled her eyes " whatever floats your boat Ruelio "

I don't know why but she looks so hot when she rolls her eyes.

We were sitting really close to one another, i decided to wrap my arm around her shoulder. She leaned on me and i felt her relax, which made me relaxed.

" you know when i was a kid i used to sneak out of the house to play with Avery, one time my parents almost called the police 'cause they thought i went missing " i laughed so hard at her and her cheeks went red from the embarrassment.

" why would you sneak out of the house? Why didn't you just ask permission to your parents?" I asked.

She had a thoughtful look on her face " now that i think about it i don't know why. Maybe i loved being sneaky back then, i felt like i was a spy" we both bursted out in laughter. We were laughing like crazy people. After we calmed down i looked at her and she looked at me, i cupped her cheeks and caressed it, i was leaning in and she was too, and for the second time we got interrupted by her phone, we jumped away from eachother.

" so there's a party tonight, wanna go?" She said breaking the awkward silence.

" uhm sure " i stood up and offering her my hand, we walked towards my car, i drove her home.

" so I'll see you later? " i looked at her smiling lightly.

She grinned " yeah see you " she waved at me and went inside.

--------------------

Callie's pov:

There was a smile on my face as i thought about what happened earlier.

Would we kiss if we weren't interrupted?

Ruel is such an amazing guy, he can make me happy without even trying. But i don't wanna get too attached 'cause i don't want anything to happen like before.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone buzzed.

Avey baby💙💦
So the party starts at 8, u coming right.

Me
Ofc duh🙄

I decided to text Ruel all the details about the party.

Me
Hey, Avery texted me that the party is starting at 8.

Rueloff
Yeah I'll pick you up so we can go together.

Me
Aw thanks😚 see ya later Ruelio.

I went to Caleb's room and asked him if he was going to the party too, and he said yes.

I went back to my room and watched a little bit of friends after that i went to take a shower and get ready for the party.

A/n:
Thank you for reading😊 sorry for the late update.