Chapter 35: Atty. Ram Sandoval

HGD5: ATTY. RAM SANDOVAL

"Happiness depends upon the quality of your thoughts. " -g.balm

---

"OH MY GOSH! no way. Tell me you're lying right?!" I yelled in tears.

No! Dad won't leave us in this state. We need him! I need him.

"It happened, Ace." My brother said

He look at me and I knew that he was trying his best to not to cry but in this very moment I saw the tears in his eyes. I walk towards him and hug him and sob.

"K-kuya, h-hindi ko na ka-ya." I said between my sob. He caressed my back. He rested his chin on my shoulder and I could feel how wet my shirt because of his tears.

Naiimagine ko pa lang na wala na akong parents ay hindi ko na alam ang aking gagawin.
Mom just left five days ago at hindi pa ako nakaka-move on tapos si Daddy naman? Bakit ganoon? Bakit naman lagi nalang akong iniiwan.

My brother assist everything on our fathers death. I cried when I saw how cold his body. I saw how he suffer. I apologize to him and thank hin for everything eventhough, I knew that he wouldn't hear me at all. I kept crying all day.

I was pre-occupied about the memories that we all shared years ago. I missed them so much.

"Ma'am, kumain na po kayo." Sabi ng kasambahay namin. Umiling ako at tumayo. Kinuha ko ang bag ko at dumiretso kung saan nakaburol si daddy.

"Condolence" that was the word that I kept hearing all day. Pilit akong umiiling, iniisip na isang bangungot lamang ang lahat.

"Condolence, hija." Tuminggin ako sa ginang na nagsalita. I saw Ram's mother with his whole damn family. They're here and probably, Ram was here also.

I don't know what to say in this very moment, My eyes were pretty swollen and I am aware of that. Para akong pinapatay unti-unti sa mga nangyayari.

"Ate, condolence." Dan went towards my place. I don't know what gotten on me but I hug Dan and cried.

I resent Ram but not his family. I feel the presence of family when I was in their place.

"Ace, let's go." I heard my brothers voice and I saw him walking towards our place.

He stop and look to a family who's talking to me.

"Tita." He uttered.

Kuya know's them? How? When?
I was clueless that he knows Ram's family.

"Condolence, hijo."

Kuya nod as an answer.
"Let's go, Ace. We need to bury dad now." He said.

Tumayo ako at kaagad ay nakaramdam ng hilo. Dahil siguro sa pagod at gutom.

"Hindi ka pa din kumain? I told you to eat." My brother hissed.

Ram's family excused themselves so that me and my brother can talk.

"Wala akong gana!" I answered back.

"But you need to eat. Y-you look so.. pale." He uttered.

Funny. He keep telling me to eat pero sya mismo ay hindi nga kumakain.

"Let's go, hon. Let's go, Ace." I shook my head when Lana speak.
Lana was my brother's wife.

I nod and followed my brother Renz towards his van.

Lana was holding me until we reach the venue.

"I'm sorry for what happened, Ace. I'm here if you need someone to talk to." It was Clive. I nod and hug her to ease the pain.