Chapter 37: Just an Ex

HGD37: JUST AN EX

SOBRA ang pagtahip ng dibdib ko sa kaba. Nasa loob na kami ng apat korte at hindi ko mapigilang hindi maiyak nang marinig ang salaysay ng akusado. He keep saying that he didn't do it and I feel so nervous to think that he might lose this case.

I look at Ram who looks so serious. He look on me and I look at him with a hurtful eyes. I mouthed "please" to him and I saw him nod and divert his gaze.

He was now the one who's talking in front and I can't help but to admire him the way he spoke in front of us.

The prosecutor of this crime was looking for an evidence and I get a hint that we might lost this case not until Ram went to the judge to submit an evidence. It was a CCTV footage. Although it just shown that my parents vehicle has been followed by a black motor. It wasn't showed that it was ambush. But I saw that the defendant wasn't alone!

The prosecutor told him that the evidence wasn't that valid to tell that the defendant was the one who killed my parents. And I am surprised when Ram told the judge about the witness.

There's a witness? Akala ko wala?
Nanginginig ang aking kamay habang nakatinggin sa nagaganap sa aming harapan. Kuya caressed my back and he told me to be strong.

The witness was a middle aged woman. Nanumpa ito sa harap ng korte na magsasabi lamang ng totoo at walang halong kasinungalingan.

"Alas singko ng gabi ng matapos ang shift ko sa trabaho. Naglalakad ako noon sa lugar kung saan natagpuan ang katawan ng mag-asawa. Nagtago ako sa puno na naroon dahil sa takot ng makarinig ako ng tunog ng baril.
Tapos ay nakita ko ang pagbangga ng kotse sa puno matapos itong pagbabarilin. " aniya

"Nakita mo ba ang bumaril?" Tanong ni Ram sa witness.

Kinabahan ako. Marahil ay hindi nya ito nakita ang mukha ng dalawa dahil naka helmet ang mga ito

"Opo. Nakita ko. Bumaba ang dalawang lalaki at tinanggal ang kanilang helmet. Nakita ko pa na binuksan nito ang sasakyan at muling nagpaputok ng baril bago umalis. Kaagad akong tumawag ng ambulansya. " anito

Napapikit ako sa narinig. They killed my parents! They pointed the gun on my parents and they killed my parents.

"K-kuya." I whispered and sob. He hug me when he saw the tears escape on my eyes. I wipe it off immediately and tried to focus but I can't help but to imagine the scenario that the woman told us.

The witness also told that she kept her identity secret and not to say something on the police because she's scared at that very moment. I am thankful that she speak and she said that she needs to speak what she saw because she believe that the truth must be reveal.

The witness narrate the scenario that she witnessed but they kept saying that it wasn't enough to prove it. Until there's a man that Ram called in the middle of dicussion. The man was walking on the aisle and he was being delivered by the two policemen. He has handcuffs and when he reach the stage they unlock the handcuffs. I saw the suspect eyes widened as well as the witness.

Ram said that the man that being called was the conspirator of the suspect.

Sumibol ang pag-asa saking puso ng magsalita ito at umamin na sila nga ang gumawa nito. Inamin nito ang lahat. Ang suspect rin ay umamin sa huli at doon ay napahagulgol na ako.

Alam kong may nag-utos sa mga ito ngunit nang itinanong ito at hindi umamin ang dalawa. Hindi ko kilala ang dalawa at alam kong wala itong motibo para i-ambush sina mom at dad kaya alam kong napag-utusan ang mga ito.

In the end, the two went to jail and be imprisoned for atleast 50 years in jail.

"We won, we won kuya. We won." I told him and hug him with tears.