Chapter 13:Happily Ever After

It was early and we had just landed back in Atlanta. It's been two days since my engagement and since we I guess "made" a baby. To be honest, even though I know I'm not, I already feel like I'm pregnant. I have glow, just not from the engagement but from the fact that I'm gonna be a mom. Don't get me wrong, I don't care who gave birth to Calvin, he is still my son regardless. I just wanted to carry Devante's baby, watch my stomach get bigger and bigger by the day.

Giving him another little twin. Devante was already acting like the over protective father, seeing if I needed any water, rubbing my feet and asking if I had started throwing up. Even though I think it's cute, he has to realize that we just had sex two days ago. I loved it though, if this is how he was acting when I'm not pregnant, I can't imagine what he's gonna be like when I am pregnant. The limo was waiting for us at the airport.

I grabbed my bag and got off the plane, getting in the car. I was beyond exhausted but super excited to tell everyone about our engagement. Devante got the rest of the bags in the car before getting in the car next to me. I leaned over and kissed him gently as he pulled me to him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and laid my head on his shoulder.

"How you feeling"he said. I wrapped my arm around my stomach, looking up at him. "Exhausted but happy"I said. He smiled, kissing me. "How you wanna tell everyone"he said.

I thought about it. "What about a party, tonight. I can whip up something and we can tell them then"he said. "That's fine with me, but first, you gotta get some rest"he said. "What about Calvin, we told Ro and Dalvin that we were picking him up early"I said. "Hey, I got it. I'll drop you off at the house, I'll get Calvin from Ro's house and get him to school on time and I'll pick up some groceries. You need to rest"he said, running his fingers through my hair.

I smiled lightly, he was good to me. "What did I do to deserve you"I said. He chuckled, "All you had to do was look at me and I'm all yours"he said. I chuckled as I leaned in and kissed him. A few minutes later, we were back at the house.

He got the bags out of the car as I walked inside He put our stuff by the door and picked me up bridal style, carrying me to the room. He pulled the covers back and laid me down. I settled under the covers as he tucked me in. He sat next to me, "You need anything"he asked. I chuckled, "No, I'm fine. Thank you"I said with a smile.

He leaned over and pecked my lips, rubbing my hair. "I love you so much"he whispered. I blushed, "I love you too"I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He climbed on top of me, not breaking our kiss.

I pulled away from him as he kissed my forehead. "I wish I could stay with you"he said. "Then stay, I don't mind"I said. He chuckled, "I can't, I gotta go get Calvin get some stuff together"he said. I rolled my eyes, he chuckled.

"Hey, I promise. When I get back, I'm all your's"he said. I bit my lip, "I'll be waiting"I said. He chuckled as he pecked my lips, getting up. "Get some rest, I'll be back soon"he said. I sighed as I got under the covers, closing my eyes.

A few hours later, I was up and starving. I got up and went into the kitchen, seeing Devante unpacking the groceries. "Hey"I said, sitting at the island. He turned around, smiling lightly. "Hey, how long have you been up"he said.

"Only a couple of minutes, I got hungry"I said. "I can make something if you're hungry"he said. I laughed lightly, "Devante, you have been taking care of my every need all day"I whined. "That's my job as your husband baby"he said towering over me. I blushed as he placed his hands on either side of me.

"Future husband and I'm supposed to be cooking for this party anyway. I might as well get up now"I said. "Okay, go ahead. I gotta take a shower anyway"he said. I was starting to get up when he pulled me to him, "You wanna join me"he said in my ear. I bit my lips as I blushed, "You know, I wish I could but I'm a little busy. Can I take a rain check"I said. He chuckled, "Yea, of course. You gon have to make it up tonight though"he said.

I chuckled, "It's a date"I said. He leaned down and pecked my lips before smacking my behind, making me gasp into his mouth. He smirked before leaving the kitchen, heading upstairs. I decided to make some small stuff that didn't take long to make. I whipped us some fried chicken, a pot of alfredo pasta and because I felt like it, spring rolls.

It was now 4:00 and it was time for me to get dressed. Devante went to get Calvin from school and got him dressed when he came home. The closer it got to the party, the more nervous I got. All of my friends and family know about my troubles when it came to my relationships. All I know is that the last time I got engaged, all of them made me feel so bad about it.

I'm just hoping that third time is a charm and they're just as excited as me and Devante are. About an hour later, people were starting to show up. Ro and Dalvin showed up first, Ro waddling through the door with her huge baby bump. She looked like she was ready to pop. Than there was Lacey and her husband Micheal, Suge and Tiffany, JoJo and his girlfriend, Kidada and Harmonee, and lastly, Shanice and K-Ci.

It's been awhile since I've seen Shanice and now she's married. Next to Ro, I thought Shanice would be the last one to get married. Everyone thought that me and Devante would be the first to get married. I guess the most stable relationship doesn't always work out the way people plan. Music was playing, Calvin and Esme were playing in his bedroom.

Everyone was eating, talking. I was barely there though, thinking about how I'm gonna tell everyone that I'm engaged again. I sat on the couch, picking with the plate of pasta I had in my hand. Devante noticed. He scooted closer to me on the couch, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and kissing my cheek.

"What's wrong"he whispered. "I'm scared to tell them"I said. "Baby, they're our friends. Why would they be mad about us being engaged"he said."It's the second time for us, third time for me. They were pissed when they found out I was engaged to Lashawn. I just want them to be happy"I said. He sighed, "Everything will be fine, they'll be happy"he reassured.

I smiled as I got up. "Can I get everyone's attention"I said. Everything went quiet, Devante got up with me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. "As you all know, me and D have gone through a lot of things together and recently we've gotten to a very stable place"I said. I smiled up at Devante, "We both have some very good news for all of you"I said.

"We're engaged, again"Devante said. I swear the noise coming from all of them could've gotten me a noise complaint from my neighbors. The boys hugged Devante, the girls hugged me. Ro was the first to hug me. "I told you that it was gonna happen, I'm always right girly"she said.

I laughed as she pulled away. "So, when are we gonna get another baby Carter"Shanice said. I looked over at Devante, a huge smile on his face. "Very, very soon"I said.