Chapter 14:Lovin You

It's been two months since Hawaii and today was the start of all of the promotion for the movie. The movie I was in was a romantic drama called Love Jones. I played the main female character Nina, a photographer. My co-star and friend Damon played my love interest, Darius. Darius was a poet who meets my character at a nightclub.

I've actually known Damon for a long time. We met at my album release party for One In a Million and we hit it off pretty quickly. We talked everyday for like a month before he left the entertainment business to get married to his high school sweetheart. By the time he came back, he and his wife were divorced and he was looking to come back to the spotlight. Me and Damon had a lot in a common, especially with our botched love life.

Today was the start of the promotional shoot, shooting pictures for the cover and the soundtrack that I was featured on. I hadn't done music in so long and it felt super weird to be back in the studio. I had to go back to the studio in about 3 days to lay some final tracks and I was super excited. I forgot how it felt to be in the studio, actually enjoying what I was doing. It was super early in the morning and I was tired and feeling sick.

For the past week, I had been throwing up and feeling super nauseous. I haven't told Devante about it because I knew he would automatically jump to me being pregnant. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not. I had been off of birth control for only 3 days before I had sex with Devante and there was possibility that it didn't work. I brushed it off since I had been eating all of this disgusting food to keep my figure for these photos.

I was sitting at my vanity, drinking tea to try and make myself feel better. There was a knock at the door, I figured it was someone from production telling me to hurry up since I've been saying I needed a minute for the past 30. "I'll be out in a second"I said, hunching over on the table. I've never been this sick before and it's miserable. "Baby girl, it's me"I heard, hearing Damon's voice.

I got up from my vanity and opened my trailer door, seeing Damon standing there in his set outfit. "Wussup superstar"he said, a smile on his face. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he hugged me. Me and Damon were close, even though we didn't see each other often. When I was in rehab, he even flew to Los Angeles to come visit.

Damon was much taller than me,standing at 6:2 over my skinny 5:3 figure. He wasn't super muscular but he was strong. He all tatted up,having tattoos on every part of his skin. I found him very attractive,I kinda had to since there were a bunch of sex scenes in this movie. "How you doin,Tiffany told me you weren't feeling well"he said.

I sighed, walking back into my trailer. He followed me, closing the door behind him. "Yea, I've been throwing up and feeling nauseous for the past 2 weeks. It might just be this diet I'm on but I'm fine"I said. He sat down on the couch. "Jamila, I've been on that diet since we started filming, and I'm fine. I don't think that is making you sick"he said.

"Okay, then what do you think it is"I said. He sat back on the couch, shrugging. "Damon, I know that face. What are you thinking"I said. "Okay, Tiffany mentioned that you and Devante got engaged a few months ago. Are you sure there isn't a possibility that it's something else"he said. I finally got it, he's asking if I'm pregnant.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not pregnant"I said bluntly. "And how do you know, have you taken a test"he said. "No...I haven't. Only because I know I'm not pregnant"I said. "Look, I know you're probably nervous because of the movie. But if you think you're pregnant, you need to take a test. It wouldn't hurt"he said. He wasn't wrong.

There was huge possibility that I was pregnant. He got up, "And heads up, production is gonna be in here in the next two minutes if you're not on set. They sent me here to come get you"he said. I nodded. He smiled lightly before leaving the trailer. I looked in the mirror, putting my hand on my stomach.

Am I freaking pregnant. I snapped out of my thoughts and and got up, immediately feeling dizzy. I planted my feet on the floor, trying to get a grip. Just as I was getting to the door, I felt everything I ate for the past three days starting to come up. I ran to the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet when I emptied my stomach into the bowl.

I swear I hated throwing up, it was awful. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped my mouth, sitting on the floor. I put my hand on my stomach, there's no freaking way. I heard my trailer door open, "Jamila, where are you. People are getting mad"I heard Tiffany said. "I'm in the bathroom Tiff"I said.

She ran in, obviously going into best friend mode. "Omg J, what's going on"she said. I smiled to myself, looking down at my flat stomach. "Tiff, I think I might be pregnant"I said.