Chapter 23:Free Yourself

OMNISCIENT

Devante watched Jamila walk away from him, Kidada following her. Jamila's engagement ring was still sitting heavy in his hand. He didn't know what to do. All eyes were on him. Dalvin walked up to him, putting his hand on his shoulder.

"You're really low down for this man. I suggest you fix it before J's gone forever"he said, before grabbing Ro's hand and leaving. One by one, people left until it was just Karina and Devante. Karina walked up to Devante, leaning over and kissing he cheek. "Revenge is super sweet, isn't it"she said, grabbing the ring out of his hand and slipping it on her finger. She raised her hand up, looking at the over sized ring.

"Hmm, Jamila had some fat fingers. But that's fine, I could always get it resized"she said. "I know you're not pregnant Karina, I know for a fact that I used a condom that night"he said. "And I'm on birth control"she said, folding her arms. "Why are you doing this Karina"he said. "Oh baby, I told you this a long time ago. I'm not going nowhere. Jamila had to go either now are sometime later, and I couldn't wait that long"she said.

Devante looked away from her. She pulled his face to him, "Aww baby, don't look so sad. We can finally be together. Now, first order as your fiancee, we need to redecorate. Jamila has no taste in style, I don't know how to put up with her so long"she said, walking back into the house. Devante sighed, walking into the house.

It's been 2 days since I left the house and I was now staying with Kidada and Harmonee. I haven't eaten since I left and honestly, I haven't done anything but lay in this bed since then. I was still in the dress, my hair was a mess and my makeup had to be trash by now. I've made a lot of mistakes in my relationship with Devante and I know I hurt him deeply when I cheated. But this was just low.

It was like he gave up on me and out future. All the crap he fed me about spending the rest of his life with me and having babies, he had been thinking about Karina. I knew there was something up that tramp from the day I saw her. The way she blushed when I mentioned him, all the signs were there. I was just too stupid to see them.

I heard a knock on the door, hearing Kidada walking in. "You up baby sis"she said. I didn't speak. She sighed, sitting next to me. "JJ, you gotta eat. Did you forget that you have a whole baby"she said.

"Jamila, I love you but you have to get over Devante and this slut for the sake of you and the baby"she said, I really didn't want to talk. "Listen, there's this guy that Tiffany told me about. I think his name was Damon. He's on his way to come you, he said you have a doctors appointment at 3:00"she said. She sighed, "He's coming regardless so I suggest you get up and go shower. I'll bring you some clothes and I'll cook something up"she said, getting up and leaving the room, making sure to turn on the light. I groaned loudly, sitting up. I threw my feet over the bed and got up, walking to the bathroom.

I didn't even bother to look in the mirror. I stripped out of my clothes and got in the shower, washing up. I got out, wrapping a towel around my body. I went back into the bedroom, seeing some clothes sitting on the bed. I changed my underwear and bra and put on the sweatpants and sweatshirt.

I slipped on some sneakers and left the room. I went into the kitchen where Kidada was cooking. I sat at the table. "Where's Harmonee"I said. She turned her around, "I took her to school hours ago"she mumbled, putting my food on a plate and putting in front of me.

It was a grilled cheese, followed with a glass of juice. I guess I was a toddler. I forcefully ate the sandwich so I wouldn't have to hear crap from Kidada and drank the juice quickly and sat there. About two minutes later, Damon was at the door. I followed Kidada to door.

She opened the door. "Hi, I'm Damon. I'm here to bring Jamila to her appointment"he said, stuffing his hands in his pocket. "Hi, I'm Kidada. I'm her little sister, it's nice to meet you"she said, holding her hand. He shook, "Nice to meet you too"he said. He sighed, looking over at me.

"Hey J"he said. "Hey D"I said. "Welp, y'all should get out of here. Don't wanna be late"she said. Like I even cared about this stupid doctor at this point. I grabbed my purse and walked with Damon out of the apartment.

Once we got outside, I had realized just how long I had been in the house because it was so bright. He helped in the car and closed the door before getting in on his side. We sat in silence for a little bit. "How you feeling"he said. I didn't look at him, "How do you think"I said.

"Okay, on that note. We'll go"he said, starting up the car and leaving. A couple minutes later, we got to the doctors office. We were in the waiting room for about 5 minutes before I was called in. I didn't want an ultrasound and I didn't want to hear anything about the baby, it would make it harder for me to make this decision. The doctor came in the room, not seeming to be bothered by the fact that Damon was in the room.

He walked in, sitting down. "How are you doing today Miss Stevens"he said. "I want an abortion"I blurted out. Both of them looked like their heads were gonna explode. "Miss Stevens are you sure, we actually had some good news"the doctor said.

"The father doesn't want it and I've made my decision. I want to have an abortion"I said. Damon looked over at me, "Doc, can me and my friend talk in private please"he said. The doctor sighed and got up, leaving the room. Damon got up, standing in front of me. "Jamila, what is wrong with you"he said.

"There's nothing wrong with me. What's the point of a planned baby when the father is going around getting random girls pregnant. There's no point in this and I'm not raising a baby by myself. Me and Devante are done and I'm not becoming a single mother"I said. He sighed, "How bout I take care of it"he said. "Damon no, you've already got three of your own. I'm not letting you take care of my baby"I said. "Baby girl listen, you're still hurt and you're making this decision based of that, just think about it and in two weeks we'll see how you feel"he said. "I know how I feel now and I want to have an abortion, end of story"I said.

The doctor came back in the room. "We have a room open right now"he said. I sighed, "I ain't got nothing else better to do, take me in"I said.