Chapter 28:Never Should've Let Her Go

I was back at the hotel, packing the last of my things. I honestly needed Devante. He was more than just my boyfriend or my fiancee or the father of my son. He was best friend and I didn't want to lose my best friend. Damon was gonna be gone for a couple hours and that gave me enough time to get my stuff and leave. Calvin's bag was already packed and waiting by the door.

I didn't have the courage to tell Damon to his face that I was going back home so wrote a letter. I intended on getting my things together, leaving the note and leaving, hoping that he would hate for the rest of his life. I loved having Damon as my friend he was perfect person to talk to when I was going through what I was going through with Devante. I just wish we didn't have sex or kiss on the red carpet. Don't get me wrong, of course I loved both of those encounters but I knew deep down that I wasn't done with Devante.

I was just hoping Damon would understand. I had finished packing my suitcase when was startled by Damon. "you're leaving aren't you"he said, standing in the door, holding a bag. I looked over at Calvin who was sitting on the bed, mindlessly just looking around. "Hey sweetie, why don't you go in the living room and watch TV. Mommy will be out in a second"I said.

He jumped down from the bed and ran into the living room. "Me and Devante kind worked out our differences. I decided to go back home"I said. He nodded, putting the bag on the desk. "Damon I'm so sorry, You weren't a rebound or just some hookup. You really helped me, whether you think so or not"I said. "J, you don't have to apologize. I knew this was coming, I just didn't imagine this early"he said.

I sighed, we walked closer to me. He pulled me to him, "Don't worry, I'm not mad. I'm actually happy for you, I know how much he means to you"he said. I smiled, "Thank you so much D"I said, pulling him into a hug. He chuckled, "It's all good J, it's what friends or for"he said. I smiled and pulled away.

He grabbed the bag that was sitting on the desk, handing it to me. I grabbed it, "What is this for"I said. "I wanted to give you this last night at the premiere. I thought I should get you something to remember your first movie"he said. I reached inside the bag, pulling out a small photo album. I flipped through it, seeing pictures of the set, so unused production pictures.

It took me right back to filming. I smiled, "I love it D, thank you"I said, putting it back in the bag. "It's all good"he said. I kissed his cheek before grabbing my bag and leaving the room. I grabbed Calvin's bag and his little bag before leaving the room.

I got downstairs and got in the car. I was beyond nervous to go back home. Me and Devante have tired to get through our problems before and obviously it didn't go that well. I couldn't afford to go through something like that again. We got to the house.

I got out of the car, helping Calvin out of the car. I grabbed my bags and went to the door. I held Calvin's hand as I knocked on the door. Devante opened the door, smiling when he saw me and Calvin. He grabbed our bags and pulled us into the house.

He hugged Calvin first, squeezing him tight. I knew how much Devante loved Calvin and I know how much it hurt him to say I was gonna take him away. I chuckled when he didn't let him go for a couple of minutes. "Baby, you're gonna crush him with all this hugging. Me and him ain't going no time soon"I said. He chuckled, pulling away from him.

"Go upstairs and unpack your bag son"Devante said getting up. I handed Calvin his bag and he ran upstairs. Devante pulled me to him, hugging me tight. I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I got a surprise for you"he said.

I smiled, pulling away. He grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs. We got to the room. He sat me down on the edge of the bed and went to his nightstand. He pulled out a box and sat next to me. "I got you something"he said, putting the box in my hands. "What is it"he said.

"Open it"he said. I opened the box, seeing the huge square diamond ring. I smiled, pulling the ring out the box. "Baby, this is beautiful"I said. He grabbed the ring, slipping it on my finger.

"It's custom made

"It's custom made. I wanted it to be special for you"he said, holding my hand. "Devante, it's beautiful. I absolutely love it"I said. He smiled, kissing my forehead. "We're gonna work this out, I know we are"he said. I smiled, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Yea, I hope so"I said.