9: She's Back

Everybody bowed as I stepped into the throne room. Even the vampire king of the Philippines.

I saw familiar faces that I haven't seen for two decades.

Kim. Ara. Mika. Jia.

She's not here. I know, I was the one who brought her to the infirmary because of what happened last night. I told the healer to give her a sleeping potion that will last for two days. Knowing how stubborn she is, kahit di pa magaling ay magpupumilit siyang lumabas.

"Highest Royalty," king Dean said, head's still down.

I gestured them to raised their heads. Fear is evident on their eyes because of my presence.

I smiled at the king telling him to relax but it seems like he didn't noticed.

"Napaaga kayo ng dating, pasensya at hindi namin napaghandaan." The king stated.

Bukas pa sana ako magpapakita sakanila. Sakan'ya. But when I felt that she's in danger I didn't think twice to reveal myself and save her.

"Di ko naman sinabing paghandaan niyo masyado. I just want to meet your daughter." I said. "And of course, meet her mate."

I was intrigued by the news na babae ang nagkaroon ng heir's mark, first time in the vampire history.

But the truth is, I actually made that as an excuse to comeback here, to comeback to her. All those years I was in Europe, in United Kingdom to be exact. I missed her so much but I didn't have the guts to comeback after what I did.

Pero iniwan ko lang naman siya to protect her. My dad. The first and strongest vampire threatened me to kill her pag 'di ako lumayo.

"I will kill her if you won't marry a man and bear a child, Dennise, we need to continue our bloodline."

Sinubukan kong tumakas, but again he found his ways to make me follow his orders.

Kung alam lang nila na ang ama ko ang may pakana ng great war.
They'll be mad. Madaming naulila because of it.

When I finally agreed na magpakasal, he eliminated all the Rouges kaya natapos din ang digmaan.

Fortunately, he's gone. For good. The goddess answered my prayers. I shouldn't be happy cause he's my father but heck. I didn't felt that I had one ever since. I mentally thanked Louis, my fake husband.

Kung di dahil sakan'ya I wouldn't be here, I'll be stuck in a palace with a husband mandating me what to do, what to wear and everything.

But now I'm finally back.

Your Dennise is back my Alyssa.

"Anong gagawin natin sa anak kong si Deanna?" King Dean asked. Nakaupo na ito sa trono niya.

"Kabilugan ng buwan mamayang gabi, hindi niya pa kayang kontrolin ang kapangyarihan na tinataglay niya," sabi ko. "Mas mabuting ikadena natin siya hanggang bukas." Tumango naman ang hari. Hindi talaga siya maaaring malapitan ng kahit na sino dahil kayang-kaya niya itong paslangin lalo na't wala siya sa sarili.

"Gaano ba kalakas ang anak ko?"

I was about to answer but a girl stepped into the room, "mahal na hari nasaan po siya? Nagmamakaawa po ako sain'yo."

Her eyes are swollen from crying. "Jema, she's fine, she will be fine. Bumalik ka muna sa kwarto mo."

"Pero nararamdaman ko pong kailangan niya ako. Please po," she pleaded.

Sino bang hinahanap niya? Si Alyssa? Si Deanna?

Lumapit ako sakan'ya, pipigilan sana ako ni Kim but I gestured her to stop.

Tumingin sa akin ang babae, she's pretty, very pretty to be exact. I smiled at her at ngumiti din siya.

"Sino ba'ng hinahanap mo?" Tanong ko.

But before she could answer, my eyes focused on the pendant she's wearing.
Then I looked her in the eyes, my brows furrowed. I know that thing on her neck very well.

I didn't know Alyssa liked young girls.

"Ly, I'm sorry, I need to do this for your safety. Please don't wait for me to comeback. Papahirapan mo lang ang sarili mo, ibabalik ko na din ang pendant. Ibigay mo ito sa babaeng mamahalin mo habang buhay. Mahal kita Alyssa. Paalam."

Naalala ko ang sulat na binigay ko sakan'ya bago ako umalis. I don't want her to suffer waiting for me that's why I said that. Pero... No.. no.. this is not right.

The sun and the moon. One force without it's opposite is powerless. Unbalanced.

Like me without her and her without me.

But she already found someone else Denisse. I reminded myself, but my system won't accept that fact.

I studied the girl's face. She really has a good taste. Damn you Alyssa.

"I'm sorry but I need to go."

I exited the throne room as fast as I could. Damn. I'm mad that she didn't wait for me but I know it's my fault. It's all my fault!

"Denisse," someone shouted but I continued walking fast.

"Denisse teka lang," kinalabit ako ni Jia so I glared at her.

"What?!"

"It's not what you think it is Denisse!"

"Eh ano Jia? Ano pa ba? Kasalanan ko bang di siya nakapaghintay?!" I said out of frustration.

Napanganga si Jia, shocked at my response.

"Don't you dare question Alyssa's love for you Denisse. You don't know how much she suffered when you left."

"I have my reasons Jia."

"Yeah, you have your reasons to leave but you didn't look for a single reason to stay," she said. "Denisse. Namatay ang isa sa mga anak niyo!"

I look at her, confused. Anak?

"What? Anak?!?"

It looks like she's also shock by her revelation.

"Jia, anong ginawa mo!" Mika shouted na kakarating pa lang.

"Anong ibig niyang sabihin Mika?!?" Tiningnan niya lang ako.

"Tell me! Fcking tell me!"

May anak kami ni Alyssa? Nagkaanak kami?!?

"Hindi kami ang dapat magsabi. Si Alyssa." Hinawakan niya si Jia sa braso para hilahin.

"Basahin mo 'to kung gusto mo ng kasagutan." Mika handed me a book. A wizard's book, tanging may dugong bughaw lang ang pwedeng gumamit nito.

"Banggitin mo ang katagang évrima royal, ito na ang bahalang maghanap ng gustong mong malaman." dagdag niya at umalis na sila ni Jia.

Binuksan ko ito, binanggit ko ang sinabi niya "évrima," Greek word for for find, "royal." I added.

Nagliwanag ang libro. Nasilaw ako kaya nabitawan ko ito. Minutes passed at may mga salitang gumuhit ss isang pahina nito.

Kinuha ko ito at binasa.

"Law of the goddes; A woman mate of a heiress could bear a child to continue the bloodline of the royal blood. The mating should be done during full moon."

I remembered our last night together. The last night we made love. Di ko makakalimutan 'yon because I made sure to memorize her features that night dahil alam kong baka di na masundan pa.

Kabilugan ng buwan. Then it hit me. Posible ngang nagkaanak kami.

I rushed to the infirmary. Goodness Alyssa! Wala akong pakealam kung nandoon man yung bago niya. I need to see her.

--

AlyDen pa rin. 🥺
(Sa parallel universe)