Chapter 5

The whole night Bobby and I fought to save ourselves, we got seperated. Two little girls were either holding him captive or he was already killed, Ryder kept me hidden down in the basement.

"Sh, sh, sh." Ryder whispered, holding his hand over my mouth. Sam and Dena called out for Bobby and I. I glanced at his hand and saw a symbol etched into the skin of his hand. I whimpered trying to get out his grip. "You were there, you knew there was a possibility that we didn't kill that werewolf. You left anyway, to your brothers call. You left me to die!" Tears left my eyes.

"McKenna!" I heard Dean yell, soon Ryder was gone after he hit him with salt rounds.

"Dean." I muttered gripping on to him. He pulled me up quickly and moved me up the stairs, Bobby and Sam stood there looking for us.

"Kenna." Sam muttered, hugging me tightly.

"I'm fine, I'm okay." I muttered into his chest rubbing his back lightly. "It's Ryder, my friend." Bobby and I started doing some research trying to figure out what was going on.

"So, they're all people we know?" Sam questioned.

"Not just know. People we couldn't save." Dena chimed in, as he loaded up salt rounds into our shotguns. "Hey, I saw something on Meg. Did she have a tattoo when she was alive?" I slowly shook my head. "It was like a-a mark on her hand-- almost like a brand."

"Ryder had the same thing, like a brand on his hand." I added.

"I saw a mark, too, on Henriksen." Sam added.

"What did it look like?" Bobby asked, Sam was quick to draw it out, he showed us the drawing.

"That's it." Dean said. Sam handed the paper to Bobby.

"I may have seen this before." Bobby said, he turned to his bookshelf and started grabbing books, the radio turned on. "We gotta move." Bobby quickly moved us down to the basement again, he opened a door to what almost was like a panic room, the lights flipped on once we were inside.

"Jesus, Bobby." I muttered walking inside the room. "What is this, like a panic room or something?" Bobby shut the door. I ran my hand over the wall.

"Bobby, is this--" Sam started out.

"Solid iron. Completely coated in salt. 100% Ghost proof." Bobby finished off.

"You built a panic room?" Sam questioned.

"I had a weekend off." I couldn't help but laugh a little bit.

"Bobby." Dean said.

"What?"

"You're awesome." I chuckled a little.

"Jesus, I can imagine that you could build an entire house on a weekend off." I muttered looking around a little more. My eyes landed on a model with a bathing suit on. I clicked my tongue a little, and looked at Bobby, who simply shrugged at me with a sheepish face. 

         Bobby and I continued to do the research, while Sam and Dean made salt rounds.

"See this is why I can't get behind God." Dean says, we all turned and looked at him.

"What are you talking about?" Sam questioned.

"If he doesn't exist, fine. Bad crap happens to good people. That's how it is. There's no rhyme or reason-- just random, horrible, evil-- I get it, I can roll with that. But if he is out there, what's wrong with him? Where the hell is he while all these decent people are getting torn to shreds? How does he live with himself? You know, why doesn't he help?" I pierced my lips, because he just spoke exactly what I was thinking.