Chapter 13

We had just arrived in Rock Ridge. Colorado. I had banished Sam to the back seat of the Impala. We were dressed in our FBI attire, we currently were heading to the morgue.

"Agent Tyler, Agent Perry, Agent Franks, meet Frank O'Brien." The doctor said as he opened up the black bag to show the corps to us.

"He died of a heart attack, right?" Sam asked as we looked at the body.

"Three days ago." The doctor confirmed.

"But O'Brien was 44 years old and, according to this, a marathon runner." Sam pointed out as he opened the folder we had obtained on Frank O'Brien.

"Everybody drops dead sooner or later. It's why I got job security." I sighed quietly at the doctor.

"Yeah, but Frank kicked it here. Now, just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit in Maumee. All heart attacks. You don't think that's strange?" Dean questioned.

"Sounds like Maumee's problem to me. Why's the FBI give a damn, anyway?" The doctor questioned.

"We just want to see the results of Frank's autopsy." Dean clarified for him.

"What autopsy?"

"The one you're gonna do." I say with a sarcastic smile. The doctor gave out a huff before suiting up to do the autopsy.

"First dead body?" The doctor asked as we watched him cut into the body.

"Far from it." Dean said, I glanced up at him, we were dressed in similar attire to the doctor, protective clothing over our clothing.

"Oh, good. Because these suckers can get pretty ripe. Hey, hand me those rib cutters, would you?" Dean handed him the rib cutters. I pulled a small face as I listened to the cutters cutting the ribs, the sound was not a pleasant sound to hear. My brother's and I all glanced at each other for a second.

"Is that from a wedding ring?" Dean asked, I turned my head and saw a white ring mark around Frank's finger. "I didn't think Frank was married."

"Ain't my department." The doctor said instantly.

"Any idea how he got these?" Sam asked lifting the hand up, cuts and bruises littered the guys hand, almost like he was in a bar fight. Sam turned his wrist and then I saw what looked like some serious scratch marks on his forearms, like he was digging at them.

"When you drop dead, you actually tend to drop. Body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground." The doctor paused for a second before humming like he found something interesting.

"What?" Sam asked.

"I-I can't find any blockages in any of the major arteries." The doctor leaned forward as he grabbed the heart, I watched as he twisted his arm and the heart just came out, I put my hand over my mouth as he lifted the heart up. "Heart looks pretty damn healthy. Hold that a second would you?" The doctor placed the heart in my hands, I stared at the heart with wide eyes, my arms were outstretched completely. When I saw something spray up, I flinched and moved into Dean. "Oh, sorry. Spleen juice." I moved and held the heart out to Dean.

"Take it, or so help me, I will make you eat it." I say, he instantly took the heart out of my hands. He stared at the heart with the same outstretched arms like I did. I took a deep breath trying to get rid of nauseousness.

       Later on we sat in the police station waiting to talk to the Sheriff. The young guy sitting at the desk, kept pausing from doing whatever it was he was doing, and smiling at us. I scratched the back of my head as he did it again.

"Hell's bells, Linus have you seen my--" The Sheriff asked as soon as he opened his office door. One cue the three of us stood up so he could see us. "Who are they?"