Chapter 10

The next day, we were driving toward Jack Montgomery's home.

"Alright, so we're gonna go have a little chat with this guy, which, you know, I'm down. But I just want to make sure, if push comes, you're gonna shove." Dean spoke, his eyes glanced in the rear view mirror, meeting my eyes after looking at Sam.

"Meaning?" Sam questioned.

"Well, odds are we're gonna have to burn this guy alive." Dean explained.

"This guy has a name and a wife."

"Yeah, who we're probably gonna make a widow, okay? I mean you heard Travis. He's gonna turn. They always turn."

"Well, maybe he won't. Maybe he can fight it off." Sam argued.

"And maybe he can't. That's all I'm saying." Dean argued back.

"Boys, okay, let's just see what happens and go from there. Okay? Relax." I chime in leaning forward so my head rested between the two. They both gave off a huff.

"This is what I mean, Sam. You sure your emotions aren't getting in the way here?" Dean questioned quickly, completely disregarding me.

"What are you talking about?" Sam questioned back.

"You know, nice dude, but he's got something evil inside. Something in his blood maybe you can relate." I landed a sharp slap on the back of Dean's head.

"Dean shut the fuck up." I hissed.

"Stop the car." Sam said.

"What?" Dean questioned as we both looked at Sam.

"Stop the car or I will!" Sam was pissed, that was one thing for sure. Dean slowed down the car and pulled off to the side of the road. Both Sam and Dean got out of the car, I went to open the car door on Sam's side and he simply held it closed, not letting me out.

"You want to know why I've been lying to you and McKenna? Because of crap like this!" Sam yelled, him and Dean moved to the front of the car, I got out quickly, to try and diffuse the situation.

"Like what?" Dean questioned.

"The way you talk to me, the way you look at me like I'm a freak! And it's mostly you!" Sam continued to yell, Sam walked past the both of us.

"I do not."

"You know, or even worse, like I'm an idiot! Like I don't know the difference between right and wrong!" I took a deep breath as I watched the pair fight. Dean sighed looking at the ground. "What?"

"Do you know the difference, Sam? I mean, you've been kind of strolling a dark road lately." Dean said.

"You have no idea what I'm going through. None." Sam said.

"Then enlighten us!" Dean yelled.

"I've got demon blood in me, Dean! This disease pumping through my veins, and I can't ever rip it out or scrub it clean! I'm a whole new level of freak! And I'm just trying to take this-- This curse... and make something good out of it. Because I have to." I looked at the ground, my jaw clicking as I tried to think of a way to make this situation better.

"Let's just go talk to the guy." Dean said, making Sam scoff. "I mean Jack. Okay?" Both the boys passed me as they made their way to the car. I sighed quietly, I looked up at the sky for a second before jogging to the car and getting in. This is not how I wanted my family to be like when I returned from hell.

        We got to Jack Montgomery's home, we entered through the side gate, Jack stood there watering the plants in his backyard. It almost seemed like he was zoned out completely.