Chapter 6

We had moved to a hotel, I lied next to Dean asleep, I had fallen asleep in my jeans and flannel by accident. The visions of hell flashed through my mind, I gasped awake sitting up fully. I held my chest trying to steady my racing heart.

"Hello, McKenna." I heard Castiel's voice sound, making me jump slightly.

"Jesus Christ." I muttered, I ran my hand through my hair.

"And what were you dreaming about?" He questioned me, I looked up at him as he stood near my side of the bed almost directly in front of me.

"That's none of your damn business. What are you doing watching me sleep anyway? Creepy fucker." I muttered standing up and pushing past him. "What do you want?"

"Listen to me. You have to stop it." He said.

"Stop what?" I asked, he put two fingers on my forehead.

"Move it, girly." I heard someone say, I snapped open my eyes, I was laying down on something, I picked my head up and saw a police officer. "You can't sleep here."

"Okay." I say lightly sitting up, my flannel was draped over me. I looked around and saw I was laying on a wooden bench. I rubbed my chest as I looked around the area. I pulled my phone out of my pocket only too, that I had no service at all. "Wonderful." I muttered. I got up from the bench, I walked across the street into a diner, I took a seat at the bar area, I rolled my neck, making a small crack sound as I did. I blinked a couple times. I looked over at the guy next to me.

"Hey, could you possibly tell me, where I am?" I asked quietly. He looked over at me, he looked familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it.

"Jay Bird's Diner, in Lawrence, Kansas." He said with a small chuckle. I clicked my tongue.

"Lawrence." I say nodding my head looking away.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" He asked lightly.

"Yeah. Tough night." I say with a small smile.

"Hey, uh, coffee here, Reg." The man said. I pulled out my phone for a second, before looking around. I narrowed my eyes slightly, something seemed off. The coffee was placed in front of me.

"Oh, uh, thank you." I say to, I guess, Reg. "Nice threads. You know Sonny and Cher broke up, right?" I asked, trying to simply crack a joke.

"Sonny and Cher broke up?" The guy asked. I pierced my lips slightly, and looked over at the guy. I looked around again, everyone was dressed old fashioned, almost like the 70's style. I turned and looked at the paper that the guy next to me was holding. It read 'Monday, April 30, 1973.' My mouth dropped open for a second before I closed it quickly, taking a sip of my coffee, before glancing at the paper again. My eyes didn't deceive me, I was back in 1973, way before I was born.

"Hey, Winchester!" A man said, both the guy and I turned around. "Son of a Bitch! How you doin', Corporal?" My eyes widened as I turned to face the men next to me. "Good to have you home, John-- Damn good."

"Dad?" I muttered quietly. My father turned away from the man soon enough, he looked at me as I stared at him. "I-I, uh...." I tried to say, but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth.

"Do we know each other?" My dad asked.

"I, uh, I guess not. You just looked like someone I know." I say turning away from him, and taking a drink of my coffee quietly.

"Take it easy, Sweetheart." He said standing up and leaving.

"Uh, yeah. You too." I say with a small smile, I watched him walk towards the door, I turned back to my coffee, before he could see me watching him. I pushed my hair out of my face.