Chapter 8

I glared at the demon in front of me, I was stuck to the chair, he simply sat there staring at me.

"Future girl, huh?" He questioned standing up and walking over to me. "I only know one thing that's got the juice to swing something like that. You must have friends in high places." He finally made his way over to me. "So, I killed your mommy? That's why you came all this way to see little ol' me?"

"Oh, I came here to kill you." I hiss at him.

"Hey. Wait a minute. If that slug marries your mommy, are you-- Are you one of my psychic kids?" He leaned in really close to smell me, I turned my face away from him. "No. Not you. Maybe you got a sis. Or a bro. That's terrific. That means it all worked out. After all, it's why I'm here."

"So that's what this is about-- These deals you're making. You don't want these people's souls." I say, I was trying to lean back in my chair to get away from him.

"No. I just want their children. I'm here to choose the perfect parents, like you mommy." I felt my eyebrow start twitching, he seemed to notice and let out a small chuckle.

"Why her? Why any of them?"

"Because they're strong. They're pure. They eat their Wheaties. My own little master race. They're ideal breeders." My face contorted in disgust. "Oh, get your mind out of the gutter. No one's breeding with me. Though Mary... Man, I'd like to make an exception. So far, she's my favorite." I strained against the chair as I stared at him with a glare. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Deanna, she was in the kitchen hiding, trying to make herself unknown.

"So, why make the deals?" I asked, trying to keep his attention on me.

"I need permission. I need to be invited into their houses. I know, I know-- the red tape will drive you nuts. But in 10 short years it'll all be worth it. 'Cause you know what I'm gonna do to your sibling? I'm gonna stand over their crib, and I'm gonna bleed into their mouth. Demon blood is better than Ovaltine, Vitamins, Minerals. It makes you big and strong!" He answered, my teeth gritted as he spoke.

"For what?" My voice came out as a growl and mean. "So they can lead your discount demon army? Is that your big plan?"

"Please. My endgames a hell of a lot bigger than that, kid."

"Endgame? What endgame?"

"Like I'm gonna tell you. Or those angels sitting on your shoulder. No. I'm gonna cover my tracks good." His eyes moved over to my shoulder as he pointed at me for a second.

"You can cover whatever the hell you want. I'm still gonna kill you." I say to him, my eyes never wavered from his eye contact.

"Right. Now, that's, what I'd like to see."

"Maybe not today. But you look into my eyes, you son of a bitch. 'Cause I'm the one that kills you." He stared into my eyes before a cheeky smile made its way to his face, before he started laughing.

"So, you're gonna save everybody. Is that right? Is that it? Well, I'll tell you one person that you're not gonna save." He pulled a knife out of his belt loop. "Your grandpappy." He winked before he shoved the knife into his stomach making me jump slightly.

"No!" Deanna yelled, she dove for the gun when the demon sent her flying across the room, she tumbled over the table and chairs. I struggled in the chair as I watched the demon walk towards her. Deanna tried to crawl away, when he got to her, the sound of bones snapping were heard. I struggled harder against the chair trying to break free, when I finally broke free I ran for the gun, I quickly cocked it and ran into the kitchen. When I arrived Deanna's lifeless body was there but the demon was not.