Chapter 27

We got everyone inside and we were quick to set everything up for the family to be safe.

"Whatever's outside, it can't get in this circle. As long as the salt line is unbroken, this is the safest place to be." Dean spoke. I was on the other side of the room, checking the windows and on the kids and wife.

"Safe from ghosts." The husband questioned, I huffed quietly rolling my eyes as I looked out the window for any movement at all.

"Yes, as a matter of fact." Dean said.

"Okay. I'm not listening to this anymore. Come on. I got to get my family out here. Let's go."

"Nobody's going anywhere until we kill this thing." Dean snapped standing up. I moved quickly over to Dean's side.

"Sir, please. This is what we do. Just... Trust us." Sam jumped in.

"You hunt ghosts?" The young boy asked.

"That's right." Dean said.

"Like Scooby-Doo?" A small smile made its way to my face at his question.

"Better."

"You saw her outside, right?" Sam questioned going to the teenage girl. "Okay. Does she look like either one of these girls?" He showed her some pictures that he got from the women that cleaned the home.

"Her. She was paler and a lot dirtier, but that was her." She said pointing to a picture.

"That's the girl in the walls." Her brother added quickly.

"So it's the daughter?" Sam questioned looking back at Dean and I.

"That girl in the picture-- she-she's dead?" The mother questioned.

"She killed herself inside this house." Sam said. The three of us walked away from the family.

"So, what-- The maid got her story wrong? Rebecca wasn't cremated?" Dean questioned.

"Unless her spirit's just attached to something inside the house." I say to them.

"She hung herself in the attic, right?" Dean questioned farther.

"You want to babysit? I'll check it out." Sam offered.

"Look-- I don't care who hung themselves where. Maybe something is going on here, but--" The other guy said coming forward.

"It's a spirit, man." Dean argued.

"No, it's just some backwoods hillbilly bitch, and I'm not about to sit around here waiting for her to go all 'deliverance' on my ass." He argued.

"Well, nobody's leaving the house."

"Stop me." He snapped and began walking away, Dean stopped him, he pushed the guy into the door frame. I looked up at Sam, we made eye contact for a second before looking back at Dean who was whispering to the guy. He mentioned he had a gun, which he doesn't, we I guess only the three of us know that. Sam stepped forward to talk to Dean, while I stayed back with the rest of the family. Dean soon sent Sam off to go up to the attic.

       I was pacing around the house, just to check everything out for a second. We haven't heard anything for a few minutes, besides Sam going up to the attic. I had just walked into the kitchen, when I heard creaking coming from the living room where everyone was being held.

"Kenna! Get in here!" I heard Dean yell. I quickly turned and marched my way into the living area. Just as I did, someone was coming out of the closet. It was the girl from earlier, the girl that Kate, I finally learned her name, had said she saw outside. Dean and I stood in front of the family as the girl crept out of the closet, I held the pole made of iron in my hands as I watched her closely.