Chapter 14

I stood outside the hotel near the Impala, Dean was laying in the Impala listening to music, while I paced outside the Impala as anxious as ever, scratching at my arm roughly. As I faced away from the hotel, I felt a hand placed on my back making me jump, I turned around quickly and saw Sam.

"Kenna? What's going on?" Sam asked, he pounded on the roof of the Impala making Dean jump, Dean turned off the music sitting up straight, he got out of the Impala, as I bounced from foot to foot, not being able to sit still.

"Dude. Look at this." Dean said showing Sam his arm, Sam looked at it for a second, before turning to me and holding out his hand for my arm, I slowly showed him my arm, which had the same scratches on it as Dean, except more red and swollen.

"I just talk to Bobby." Sam said.

"And?" Dean and I both question. Sam handed Dean a box of donuts.

"Um, well, you're not gonna like it." Dean smelled the box and through it into the Impala.

"What?" Dean questioned.

"It's ghost sickness." Sam said, I stared up at him.

"Ghost sickness?" I questioned.

"Yeah."

"Oh, okay, cool. Great." I muttered spinning in a small circle nodding my head slightly.

"I don't even know what that is." Dean said.

"Okay. Some cultures believe that certain spirits can infect the living with a disease, which is why they stopped displaying bodies in houses and started taking them off to funeral homes." Sam explained.

"Okay, get to the good stuff." Dean said cutting him off.

"Symptoms are you get anxious... and scared, then really scared, then your heart gives out. Sound familiar?"

"Yeah, but, Sam, we haven't seen a ghost in weeks." Dean said.

"Well, I doubt you caught it from a ghost. Look, once a spirit infects that first person, ghost sickness can spread like any sickness though a cough, a handshake, whatever." Then it hit me, Dean and I got the sickness from the heart of Frank, we both held it in our hands. "It's like the flu." Dean turned his head to look at me, he had an annoyed look on his face, I shimmed behind Sam a little not like the look, Sam glanced back at me with a confused face before he continued talking. "No, Frank O'Brien was the first to die, which means he was probably the first infected. Patient Zero."

"Our very own outbreak monkey." Dean said.

"Right. Get this-- Frank was in Maumee over the weekend. Softball tournament... Which is where he must have infected the other two victims."

"Were they Gamecocks?"

"Cornjerkers."

"So, ghosts infected Frank, he passed it onto the other guys, and we got it from his corpse?" Dean questioned.

"Right."

"So now, what, we have 48 hours before we go insane and our hearts stop?" I questioned.

"More like 24." Sam corrected, I ran my hand through my hair and started pacing slightly.

"Well, why us? Why not you? I mean you got hit with the spleen juice." Dean pointed out.

"Yeah, um, you see, Bobby and I have a theory about that, too. Turns out all three victims shared a certain, uh, personality type. Frank was a bully. The other two victims-- one was a vice principal, the other was a bouncer." Sam explained.