Chapter 22

The next place we were at a bar, Sam and Dean was hustling a guy by playing pool. I sat at a table watching quietly. Sam was doing pretty good at pretending. Sam suddenly walked off. I stood up and followed him and I saw Ruby.

"Well, you got a lot of nerve showing up anywhere near me." I hissed walking up to her, Sam put his hand on my shoulder.

"I just have some info and then I'm gone." Ruby said.

"What is it?" Sam questioned.

"I'm hearing a few whispers." Ruby replied.

"Oo, great. Demon whisperers. That's so totally reliable." I mock excitement, before walking away, Dean followed me while Sam stayed to listen to what Ruby had to say.

"Girl named Anna Milton escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seem pretty keen on finding her. Apparently, some real heavy hitters turned out for the Easter egg hunt." Ruby explained.

"Why? Who is she?" Sam questioned quickly.

"No idea. But I'm thinking that she's important 'cause the order is to capture her alive. I just figured that whatever the deal is you might wanna find this girl before the demons do." I couldn't help but roll my eyes a little.

"Look, maybe we should check it out." Sam said, looking back at us.

"Actually, we're working a case, but thanks." I say staring directly at Sam not breaking eye contact.

"What case?" Ruby questioned.

"Oh, uh, how about none of your goddamn business? Does that sound like a good case to you?" I questioned back stepping forward.

"Uh, we've got leads. Big leads" Dean answered quickly.

"Sounds dangerous." Ruby sassed.

"Yeah, well, it sure ain't goose chasing after some chick 'who, for all we know, doesn't even exist' just because you say she's important." I argued.

"I'm just delivering the news. You can do whatever you want with it. Far as I'm concerned, I told you, I'm done." Ruby chided quickly, I raised my hand and waved with the biggest fake smile on my face.

"Wait, wait, wait, this-this hospital Anna escaped from it got a name?" Sam questioned before Ruby left. I stared at the side of his head, a glare etched on my face.

      Soon enough we were in the Impala heading towards the said hospital, I had banished Sam to the back seat.

"Can I get a copy of the missing persons report?" Sam questioned into his cellphone. "Great. Okay. Thanks." He then hung up his cell phone, I stared out the passenger side window, a scowl etched into my face from the recent events of tonight. "Well, Anna Milton's definitely real."

"Don't mean the case is real." Dean sounded off.

"This hospital's a three-day drive." I added.

"We've driven further for less, guys." Sam said, I rolled my eyes, still staring out the window. "You got something to say, say it."

"Oh, I'm saying it, this sucks." Dean retaliated.

"You're not pissed we're going after the girl you're pissed Ruby threw us the tip." Sam pointed out.

"Right, 'cause as far as you're concerned the hell-bitch is practically family." Dean argued.

"Yeah, boy, something major must have happened while I was downstairs 'cause I come back and then, and you're BFF with a demon?" I added, turning my head to look at Sam.