Goodbye

Reader's POV

I shoved my hands in my pocket and sighed, waiting for the bus to come  pick me up, and I looked back on the place the used to be called my home.

Yeah, use to be, I thought. That is before I got kicked out by my abusive parents.

10 minutes ago....

I was just sitting around on our porch as usual when our Neighbor's son came up to me. Falco, that was his name. A friendly guy too. I've always had a crush on him but I kept that to myself because I didn't know if he felt the same way about me.

And I always wanted to keep my distance away from people because everytime my parents would see me hanging around someone they would get the wrong idea and hurt me, both physically and mentally.

And this is an example.

Falco walked up to me and asked me could I get his iPad for him, because supposedly he left it here when he was staying for the night, to hang out with my sibling, S/N (If you don't have a just sibling pretend you do.)

I was utterly confused, but I didn't get to say anything because when I did dad interrupted us.

“Falco, what are you looking for?” He asked

“My ipod sir. I asked F/N to get it for me. If it's a problem then....” Falco said sheepishly but was cut off.

“No No, Don't worry about it.” he said.

The Dad took my hand and lead me to the kitchen, and smacked me in the face twice on both cheeks.

“WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!” I exclaimed tearfully.

“Because a handsome, intelligent and respectful gentleman like Falco does not deserve a ugly, dumb and disrespectful trash like you. He deserves a Handsome/ Pretty person, like your sibling S/N.” dad said

And that was the last straw. They have abused me countless amount of times before but that was it. I grabbed my phone that had fallen to the floor when I was smacked the first time and dialed 9-1-1.

The phone ringed for about 5 seconds and the operator responded.

“Hello 9-1-1, How may I help you?

“Yes, this is F/N L/N, and I'm here to report an abuser.”

Long story short, one thing lead to another and eventually the cops showed up in the front of our house.

Mom and S/N didn't know what was happening, but they soon found out and dad was arrested for child abuse.

That's when Mom had a complete break down and kicked me out.

She was straight forward with it to. No yelling, no harassing, none of that. She just told me to leave.

Which led me to packing my bags and waiting outside for the bus to come pick me up.

Now

I looked back at my old home one more time. Nobody came outside to talk to me or say any final words which was probably a sign that I shouldn't come back here even if it was the last place on Earth.

I reached in my back to look for my wallet and eventually I found it. I skimmed through the bills and I estimated that I had at least  $500 in cash and about $700 on my credit card. I knew saving up money would save me one day. Maybe I'll use that money to start a new life somewhere. There goes my college fund.

It took long for the bus to come but it came eventually.

I got on, paid my fair, and took my phone and my ear phones out. I sighed and played the music at a medium level, and wondering where $12,000 worth of savings is going to take me.