Then there was you

"She's a curse! Just like him!"
"Look at her! She's a demon!"
"She's evil!"
"...... SHES A MONSTER!"

....

"Get in there!"
I'm thrown forward into the pitch black tunnel. I skid across the sharp rock floor, my hands getting scraped from trying to ease my fall. I whimper as my hands and knees begin to bleed.
"....no .... please" I struggle to my feet trying to run back through the opening the village leaders had tossed me through. I reach for them through the closing tunnel entrance.
"Tch... GET BACK!"
I feel a force ram itself in my gut knocking me back further into the cold cavern. I gasp for air gripping at my chest doing my best to get anything in my lungs. Each haggard pant causing a ripple of pain to tear through my small frame. From my curled wheezing position on the ground I see the light in the cave starting disappear, as they begin to roll a rock closing my only escape.
"Please...*cough cough* don't ..... leave me....alone" my pleas fall on deaf ears as the rock is firmly rolled into place dropping the cave into a cold dark silence. I sob into the rocky floor below me as the echoing of my loneliness bounces back in my ears.
I cry in the same place they left me for what seemed like days. Hoping they would change there mind and come back and save me. I didn't mean to be a bad girl, it wasn't my fault!one day my black hair had turned a silvery white, and my once dark brown orbs had turned into a blue so bright you could see them in the darkest night. After that I was taken to the village doctor where he told my papa and mama I was cursed by a demon. Not long after mama and papa said they were going out and to be a good girl and wait for them to come home. I waited in our home for days for them to return, but they never did. Next thing I know everyone is calling me mean names and throwing rocks at me. Telling me I should die, and rot in the tunnels with him! Who even is him? Why is everyone so mean? I'm only 6.Why did they leave me alone in this scary place?
"Please ... someone..... save me" my fingers are covered in dried blood and deep cuts from clawing at the rock wall, begging for anyone to let me out.
"I'll be good.... I promise.... please" I whisper out my voice failing me as I grow weak from thirst and hunger.
One day after my tears had finally dried up and my hope for freedom had died I decided that I didn't want to die here. So I set out down the tunnels to find anything. water, food, a way out, anything to help me survive. I trudge slowly clinging to the walls, my body to weak to support myself. I take one step at a time as I feel my way through the dark. I feel like I've walked for hours and have yet to discover anything. I feel my strength leave me as I drop to my knees. A final tear rolls down my dirt covered face as I give into death.
Then I hear the faint tingle of bells. I look around thinking it's only my imagination until I hear the jingle again but this time much closer. I look down the tunnel to see outlines of what looked to be a small person.
"He... hel... hello..... hello is someone.. there?" I meekly try to call for help. The figure looks startled for a moment that someone else was down in the tunnels. I see them start to retreat, I reach out to them while pushing myself back onto my feet, desperately pushing to follow the disappearing figure.
"Please...wait.... wait!" I follow the sound of the bells hopelessly praying that I'd catch up, praying I wouldn't have to be alone. As I run after the fading sound i trip over a stray rock on the cavern floor sending me hurdling towards the ground. The last thing I remember before falling into pitch blackness is the distant sounds of bells ringing in front of me.

The sound of crashing water is the first thing I hear, it sounds like a small waterfall not so far away. The second thing I hear is what sounds like the nibbling of a small animal. Then I smell a sweet earthy scent in the air... like the smell of a field of flowers. I strain my eyes open gazing up at a beautiful ceiling of rock and glowing crystals which almost didn't seem natural. It cast a cool dim glow to the surrounding cave. More light than I've seen in days. I hear rustling to my right as I crane my neck to find the cause of the noise. My eyes land on what appears to be a boy wearing a mask that looks like it was carved to resemble an animals skull. From the top of the mask I can see blue tufts of hair laying neatly on his head. He looks back at me through the dark holes of his mask, his mouth slightly parted in slight surprise. I try to sit up finding it hard to get control over my muscles as I struggle. I must have scared the boy because he jumps back slightly readying himself to bolt.
I feel panic rise in me at the thought of him leaving me here all alone. Me being to weak to chase anyone right now.
"Wait! Please! Don't leave me!" I croak out the plead in my voice evident. I try to stand but my legs collapse under my own weight. I try to get up but my arms wobble under me sending me crashing back to the ground. I look up at the boy as he turns and walks away. I reach out for him but can do nothing as I lay in the grass and dirt. I'd about given up until I hear the jingle of bells returning and the boy crouching down before me and lifting my head bringing a carved wooden cup to my lips. I feel a cool liquid drip on my mouth causing me to perk up, gulping down the refreshingly cold water. He brings me more water until I've drunken enough to fill a small boat. Feeling slightly better I come to sit on my knees facing the boy in front of me. He dips his hand into his pocket pulling out a handful of assorted berries. He pushes his hand towards me.
"...eat..."
he says in a simple command. I don't hesitate to take the berries from him as I start to dig into their delicious sweetness. The red juice from the berries staining my hand and face. Just as I'm about to shovel more in my mouth I stop looking at the boy who is staring back at me with a strong intensity. His gaze was unwavering as he made sure I ate everything he had given me. I reach out to offer him some of the berries he had so graciously sacrificed to me.
"Let's eat together.." I take his hand and I can feel him tense under my touch as I turn his hand over and split the berries between us. His mouth is open as he looks thoroughly shocked. Like no one has ever offered or even returned his kindness back to him. I give him a smile as I bring his berry filled hand to his mouth.
"Together!" I go back to eating the berries a large smile on my face at finally having a friend. When I look over he's also eating but a lot slower and less messier than I did. I wipe my mouth with my arm only managing to smear the sticky juice across my face and on tattered, stained clothes. He grabs my arm to stop my movements. Standing he grabs my hand walking me over to the rushing waterfall coming out of the cave wall. At the bottom is a small pool that's leads into a small stream leading down into an unknown part of the cavern. As we near the water fall he stops me pointing at the water.
"... clean.."
"No.... I don't want to!" I pout at the boy. I've never liked baths.
"... clean!" He grabs my hand as I try to resist his strength. We tussle for a while pulling back and forth until he pulls me to hard causing me to fall pushing both of us into the small pool. We both stand up the water reaching my shoulders but only coming to the middle of his stomach. I stare at the boy whose mask was sitting crooked on his face and looking quite bewildered not sure what he should do next. I cover my mouth to stifle a laugh but its no use. I point and laugh at the young boy splashing water as I lose control.
"Hahah..... looks like you have to clean too.....hahaha" he looks back at me with more surprise and confusion as he listens to my boisterous laugh. He gives a small smile as he watches my antics.
After both of us bathe in the water fall we sit on the sides of the pool as we wait for out clothes to dry. I sit close enough to him that our shoulders are pressed directly against one another. I kick my feet in the pool the first time in days since I've felt truly happy. I turn to the young boy who had already had his sights on me.
"So what's your name? My name is Tsuki Hana! Nice to meet you!" I stretch out my small hand in a greeting. He looks down at my hand his mouth turning to a frown as he looks troubled by something.
"I don't ...have a name"
"What!" He flinches at my loud exclamation
"Your papa and mama didn't give you a name?"
"No... everyone just calls me Blue dragon"
He shakes his head his frown growing deeper. I look at my new friend hurt for him that his own mama and papa didn't give him a name. How Will his friends know what to call him when they want to play? I stand up from the pool placing my hands on my hips proudly!
" Fine! Then I'll call you....... Blue! Since your hair is also blue!that's what I'll call you!" He stares into the reflecting pool of the water fall the intense crashes causing his reflection to be distorted.
"Well! Do you like it?" I come close to him getting in his face. He gasps and jumps back slightly putting space between our faces as a small blush is seen forming in his round cheeks. He gives a small smile nodding his head
"Yes..."