Chains

>>>1 year later >>>

Tsuki's POV
I stare out of a grand elaborate window watching another day pass by. It's been 1 year since the pirates raid in Awa. A lot of things have happened since then. When the sailors who kidnapped me learned that his fearless leader was killed that night he had absolutely no clue what to do with me. Confused and having no idea what to do we wandered around for about 2 weeks until he was finally able to find the right people to sell me too. He wasn't the greatest guy but he kept me well fed and didn't hit me .....as much. Sadly I'm not able to say the same for the other people I've been in the care of.

The first man who bought me was a human trafficker. He had many women in his care and treated us all like scum. We were locked in cold cages at the bottom of some estate with barely any light. He hardly gave us real meals as he would claim.
"He didn't want us getting fat!"
Dozens of girls were locked in those small cages. Each night random nobles would come through picking out whichever girl fit their taste best. I didn't end up staying in that place long as I was bought only after being there for 4 days.
On the fourth night of my stay at this hell hole a particular young noble came strolling through that night. Some would say he was quite handsome. Most of the girls noticing this tried to get his attention, preferring they'd rather be a slave to an attractive man than the fat, greedy slobs that usually stumble through here.
Not me.
I tried to make myself as small and as invisible as possible. I guess that was my mistake. That only ended up catching his attention more. He bought me the instant his eyes landed on me. I tried to fight against going with him kicking and screaming all the while. I remember the look in his eyes when they finally got me out of the cage. It was the same look Kumji gave me when he imagined all the ways he could break me. Yan Kumji never got the chance.

But this man certainly did.

I learned that he was a new wealthy noble who just moved to south Kai. His name was Li Tai. I can say with 100% confidence he was the worst man I have ever met. He beat me relentlessly delighting in the agony he caused me. He once beat me to the point that he broke 5 ribs and my left arm. No matter how many times I secretly healed myself new wounds would always show up. However The beatings weren't even the worst of it. The things he would do to me at night after the beatings are things I still have nightmares about till this day. I never realized how weak I truly was until I was with him. How pathetic I actually was when I couldn't defend myself from him, and all I was capable of was crying. I guess he got tired of my pitiful form missing the girl who constantly talked back that he decided to sell me off as well. I was with Li Tai for 9 months until I arrived here.

I am now in the care of Inagaki Aria and compared to Li Tai he's a literal saint. He's just another fat greedy noble who taxes all his people horribly to the point of starvation. He lets his soldiers do whatever they please in the villages supposedly under his supervision. He's not close to a good man but it seems like good men are impossible to come by these days.
He doesn't ask much of me. He doesn't force himself on me or abuse me to the point of death. To him I'm not a thing to be played with, to him I'm something to be admired. I'm always by his side he likes me close because he thinks it makes him look good. Like I'm some kind of rare accessory that he has acquired and needs to be showed off at all times. He dresses me up in exotic revealing clothing, that of which may be seen on a belly dancer from a far off land. He finishes off my look with a heavy metal collar attached to a chain that he uses to drag me where he pleases. When he can't take me with him he locks me in his sleeping quarters and chains me to the bed. The chain only being long enough for me to lay on the bed or stand in front of this window.

The days seem so long I sometimes lose track of how long I've been here.
How long it's been since I've seen him.
How long it's been since I've felt his touch, heard his voice, gazed into his kind eyes.
I miss him every second and I wish so desperately he would come for me! Like at any second he'll burst through the door and sweep me up into his arms and gently pat my head comfortingly, while he whispers that everything's okay now.
My only escape is sleep. It's the only way I'm able to see him. The only place I can be happy.

I hear the door open revealing a girl with short brown hair and large brown eyes. She gives me a smile as she carries a plate a silver tray that has all kinds of fruit and steamed vegetables. Lord Arai always makes sure I'm well taken care of not wanting his prized doll to lose any of her beauty. I should count myself lucky at the situation I've found myself in. Though it doesn't stop the yearning need I feel to escape.
" good afternoon Tsuki! how are you today?" She questions me cheerfully. I give her a small smile as I walk back to sit on the bed. She places the silver tray in front of me and begins to pour me a cup of water.
"I'm fine.....and you?" I question back in a small voice.
"As good as I can be. Lord Arai has decided to cut our wages in half again, but what can I do about it." I give her a sad look. The old me would've jumped up on the bed declaring we should fight back and take back every penny from that fat devil, but I loss my spark long ago.
"Here... take this back to your family.." I begin to wrap up all the food in a cloth napkin securing it tightly and handing it to the young brunette. It's all I can do to help anyone these days.
"I can't! I can't take this! The lord would have my head if I got caught with this!" She begins to panic
"Then don't get caught" I wink at her with a smirk. Well maybe all my spark wasn't gone.
"Thank you Tsuki!" She throws her arms around me in a bear hug.
"It's the least I can do with how kind you've been since I've been here..... your the only one that actually talks to me...." I look down in sadness as what has become my life.
"That's because lord Arai has forbidden anyone from even looking at you hahaha" she laughs at his ridiculousness.
"But don't worry I know that the boy your always telling me about is coming for you! There's no way he'd let someone as beautiful and kind like you go without a fight!" She punches at the air mimicking a fighting match. I giggle at her attempt to cheer me up.
"OH! I forgot to tell you! There's a notorious group of thieves that's been going through the villages trying to liberate the people from evil nobility!"
"Well then they don't sound to much like thieves then..." I counter back with a smile
"Mmm yeah I guess your right! Anyway! They just hit a village in the next territory over! I hope they come here next! God knows we need it! They go by the weirdest name ..... the dark..... the dark..... oh yeah! The dark dragon and the happy hungry bunch!" I smile at the ridiculous name for a group of thieves but it doesn't sound like they're actually a bad group of people.
"That's quite a unique name..."
"Let's pray tonight that they come in our sleep and burn this place to the ground!hahaha just kidding!" She beams brightly
There's a knock on the door signaling she's over stayed her welcome. I let out a small sigh and she begins to leave.
"Same time tomorrow!" She waves back at me. I give her a small wave and a nod in return as she walks out the door. I stand and walk over to the window once again staring out into the night sky dreaming of freedom. The same freedom I longed for all those years I was exiled in the caves. I kinda hope that this happy fun time whatever bunch doesn't show up....

I have no desire for freedom if it's not with him...