Together!

Tsuki's POV

They day started as normal as any other. Waking up in a poorly lit den in the endless caves that the villagers had secluded us to. I roll over looking for my handsome companion but as I look around the empty room he's no where to be found.
"Mmm that's weird. It's not like him to leave without telling me where he's going." I decide to take this time alone time to head down to the waterfall to take a nice refreshing bath.

I stand under the rushing water as it pounds into my tired skin. I run my finger through my silvery tresses as I attempt to remove the tangles that formed in my wild sleep. I've been considering cutting my hair as it's grown quite long since I was 6. The mane itself is already starting to brush against the back of my knees.
   I lay out choosing to air dry next to the waterfall until I hear the scurries of little feet. I smile as I see Ao running towards me but my face quickly drops to worry as I see the panicked look of her steps.
"Ao! What is it?" I pick up the little chipmunk as she begins to squeak rapidly
"What's wrong Ao? Is it Blue? Is he okay?" She begins to chirp more at the mention of his name.
"Okay Ao I trust you take me to Blue" the little chipmunk leaps out of my hand as I chase after her worry filling my chest for Blue. Did he get hurt in a fight, did the villagers finally decide to get rid of him. A million questions run through my mind as I chase the fury animal through the  endless maze. We come to our room and I see Blue crouched down clutching the wall. I bolt to his side.
"Blue! What's wrong? What happened?"
I check his body for any blood or injuries but I see none.
"My eyes... they throb... and it feels like my blood is..boiling" his breathing becomes ragged as he clings to consciousness.
"It's okay Blue! everything will be okay!"  I sit in front of him and remove his mask that he must have put on because someone was near by. I lift his face gently to inspect his eyes. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them but he does feel hot and clammy.
"What happened Blue? In the tunnels, was it a villager?"
"No....an outsider...a girl with red hair."
Red hair? I've never seen someone with red hair before, but that is irrelevant! if she's  hurt my Blue she'll pay.

    I sit with blue laying in my lap. I have my hands covering his eyes to relieve the pain. I don't know why but he says that my hands have a healing effect on him. I think he just says that so I feel like I'm being somewhat helpful, but I know when it comes down to it I can't protect Blue. I'm absolutely useless to him, and I'm never sure exactly why he keeps me around but for that I'm grateful to him. My life would be nothing without him.
   Blue bolts upright getting into a defensive crouch.
"Stay behind me.... no matter what!" I'm scared by his sudden movements but even more scared at his demanding tone. Something must be coming. Something dangerous.
I look towards the entrance to the tunnels and see a light coming down the path making its way towards us. I clench on to blue as I cower behind him. The next thing I see is bright red. A flaming haired girl and what looks like to be a beautiful boy step into the clearing.
"Hello." The girl speaks with a small smile on her face. She doesn't seem dangerous but Blue yells at her while pulling out his sword. I hide more behind him burying myself into his white head dress.
"Leave us alone... stay back!" He threatens the girl
"Ahhh princess! A masked man crouching at the back of a hole like this must be dangerous." The beautiful boy warns the girl. I like his deduction skills... they should just leave us alone and go back where they came from.
    The girl questions Blue about his name telling him her name is Yona. This causes him to drop his defense slightly. He tells her he doesn't have a name, and I feel a pang go through my chest at his confession. Your my Blue, that's your name. But as I think , I know it's not a proper name for him. I look down at the rock floor, for failing my friend once again.
Suddenly Blue stands and points the sword at Yona's throat but the girl doesn't even flinch. She doesn't dare take her eyes off Blue unsure of what may happen next. The beautiful boy she is with finally notices me still crouched on the ground and gives me a very confused look. I try to cover my face hoping that would stop him from seeing me.
"I came here to see you. Blue dragon I'd like you to lend me your power..... I want you to come with me!" At this my head springs toward the young girl my eyes wide. She's come to take Blue..... with her.... from me? Blue grabs her roughly calling her an enemy, but she says she not an enemy and wishes him to accompany her as her ally. This girl she is very.... kind. I can't tell that much. she says such nice things to Blue tells him all the things I've been telling him for years. She's different than the people that banished us down in these dark holes, afraid of us because we're different. She's good ..... she's good for him.
"Well then... before I go would you like to introduce yourself?" I see that she's finally noticed my presents and is asking me for my name. I gasp in surprise standing to hide myself behind Blue's back. I peak out from behind him staring at the red haired girl named Yona.
" m..my ... name is... Tsuki... Tsuki Hana"
"It's nice to meet you Tsuki! It's seems your friend is very protective of you. Well I hope we can meet again!" With that she turns and leaves down the path she came. I watch her until I hear a grunting noise and the clattering of metal.
"Blue!! Are you okay?!" I rush to his side.
He's gripping his chest, I can tell from the look on his face he's torn about following the young girl. He's torn on wether he should stay, or go with her ..... leaving me behind.

  It seems the day becomes even more eventful as an earthquake shakes the mountain side causing giant boulders to trap everyone in the tunnels. Blue and I rush out to see the commotion. Of course the villagers are still frightful of him when he obviously just came to help. He rally's everyone to start digging into the wall to the outside. It's seems like we are chipping away for hours with no hope for breaking through. The air is becoming thin as me and Yona struggle to keep going. I gasp for air when I feel Blue's comforting hand rest on my shoulder
"You and Yona go....we can finish this."
"No! I want to help you!" He picks up me and Yona taking us back down to our shared room. He places us down gently and returns back to help the other. I look after him astonished that he would just leave me here with this stranger!
"*sniff sniff*" oh my goodness...... is she crying! I start to panic as I try to comfort the girl as she seems to be crying out of no where.
"He's so kind... I hate the fact that none of the villagers have even tried to understand the Blue Dragon. I'm sure he's been doing his best protecting them all this time." I stare at the girl in awe. No one .... no one besides me has ever said anything like that or has even cared enough to shed tears for Blue. I'm so touched by her compassion I find myself crying as well. Finally someone who sees what I see in him. She's the one... she's the one that will save him from this darkness. It was never me. I was never meant to save Blue, he was just here to save me. But Yona is the one that will bring him into the life he deserves. She will be his light.
I grab the girls hand in mine giving her a sad smile through blurry eyes
" Yona.... you mustn't give up on Blue okay? Don't let him stay here. You must be the one to free him from this place.......he ...he needs to ..... be with you....Please!" The tears roll down my face as I tell the girl my final wish for Blue. She stands wiping her tears a new determination in her eyes.
"I will! I promise you! I will continue to fight and I will continue to live. Thank you Tsuki!" I watch the girl run down the hall to return to her friends. I finally let out the sobs that have been hiding in my body. I'd never thought The day would come where I would let Blue go. I thought we'd always be together, that we would leave this place together. I cry as my tears echo against the rocky floor. I'll be alone. I'll be down here all alone again. I shake my head telling myself this is for Blue. this is the way I can finally save him for once. I can save him from being stuck down here with me.

   I hear the crashing of rocks as I assume they finally broke through the wall. I stand on shaky legs as I walk to where everyone was digging. I see light for the first time pouring in through the hole. I peak out from the corner at the brilliant light that shines on the mountain side. I see Yona approach Blue with an out stretched hand. I see him reach to accept but hesitating and dropping his hand. He says something to the girl causing her to smile nodding her head happily. The beautiful boy seems to be slightly upset while they stand by two other men I haven't seen before. Blue walks past Yona heading in my direction. I come out in full view of the light as Blue approaches my trembling form.
"Blue... what are you doing? You need to go with them!" I try to say firmly but my voice shakes with the sadness of having to let him go.
"I will go... but not with out you." My eyes go wide as I gawk at him
"...m..me.... you want me to come .... w..with you?"
"Together...you and me .... always together!" He reaches his hand out for me waiting for me to accept. I try to wipe my quickly flowing tears as a smile at the boy who saved me all those years ago. Here he is again... saving me. I jump into his arms laughing with tear filled eyes.

"Together!"