Mike Halson (Camp Half-Blood)

Hi, my name is Mike Halson, and I am going to get killed.

Wait, no, I'm not. 

Okay, back up, and I'll start from the beginning. 

It all started when I was at the mall, shopping for a birthday present for my mom. I really wanted to thank her, because she's a single mom, and she's been taking care of me for ages. I'm 13. Yes, 13. I go out by myself. Don't worry, I've been doing this since I was 11, since my mom is busy work and can't take care of me. So, anyways, I was looking for her birthday present with some money that I stol--no, earned from babysitting. I walked through the mall, and I catch some people following me. A blonde haired girl and a black haired guy, not to mention a guy wearing a trench coat and a brimmed hat. Weird, I think. 

So anyways, I found a present for my mom, paid for it and went out. I walked home, and found my mom, packing a backpack full of my stuff. "Mom?" I ask her. "What--how--why are you packing up some of my things?" She knelt down in front of me. "Listen, Mike. You're special, and there are two teens coming to pick you up. Don't trust them until they tell you this code, Argo II. Be careful. Listen, I have to run. So do you. I'm going to run to my office, where I'll be safe. You'll be safe too, Mikey-bear." She says, calling me by my old nickname affectionately. "These two teens, they're going to protect you. They also have ADHD and dyslexia, and they're going to take you to this cap for kids like you. I love you, Mike. Now, stay here." With that, she walked out. I immediately shoulder the backpack and wait.

After what seems like years later, two older teens enter the room. One girl and one boy. The girl has honey blonde curls and stormy grey eyes. The guy has sea green eyes and jet black hair. Upon closer inspection, I recognised them as the teens in the mall who were following me. "Wh-wh-who are you?" I asked, my voice trembling. I'll be the first to admit it, I was scared. Suddenly, I remembered what my mother had told me. "What's the code?" The girl glanced at the guy before telling me, "Argo II." I nod and the girl tells me, "My name is Annabeth, and this is Percy. We're like you. Follow us. It's not safe here." She leads me out of the house, but suddenly, a one-eyed monster pounced on me. "Frrrrresssssh meeeeeaaaatttt," I heard it hiss. I hear a 'shink' noise and the monster dissolved into golden dust. I looked up and saw the guy with a bronze sword in his hand. He offered me his free hand and I take it.

After one stressful taxi ride, we arrived at Long Island, Farm Road 3.14. The girl, Annabeth pays the driver with some cash and we made our way up the hill. I could see that at the summit, there is a pine tree, and behind it, a big blue house. We make our way over, and the guy runs off, calling over his shoulder, "I'm going to the Big House to inform Chiron!" The girl nodded and waves, still tightly gripping my hand, reminiscent of my mother, who always used to hold my hand tight. I squeezed her hand back. She smiled at me. "Everything will be alright," She assured me. "We're demigods, and your father is a god." "G-god?" I stuttered. How could a god have fathered someone as hopeless as me? "B-b-but I have dyslexia and ADHD. I'm the world's worst student at English and Art." She smiled. "It's okay. We all have it. And you're not expected to be perfect, you know. It's okay to make mistakes. And about the dyslexia and ADHD, your brain is hard-wired to read Ancient Greek, so you have dyslexia. And we have ADHD so we can survive on the battlefield. It's battle instincts. They might--no, will save you one day. It saved me and Percy." Wow. Suddenly, Percy jogged out of the big, blue house, and he called, "Chiron and Mr. D are ready to see you, Mike." He grins. "Not that Mr. D is anything to be scared of at all..." He said with a grin. My expression must've been horrified as Percy burst out laughing and Annabeth rolled her eyes. I walked into the Big House with them by my side. 

In the Big House, there was a kindly man in a wheelchair with brown hair and eyes that hold millions of years of wisdom.  No, really. Apparently his name is Chiron, the mythical centaur in the Greek myths. My mom made me read them. Oh gods...Mom. I thought. I spoke up. "Um...hi." Chiron smiled at me. "Hello, Mike. I am Chiron, and this is Mr. D, the camp director." Mr. D was a pudgy man wearing a leopard-skin shirt, shorts and purple running shoes. He had curly black hair and bloodshot eyes. "Hmph." He mumbled. "Another brat." He laid down a hand of cards. "I win." Chiron smiled. "Percy, Annabeth, thank you. Please call Ayla (Hello self) in. Annabeth nodded and walked out, flashing a quick smile at me. Percy waved and disappeared out of the door too. A minute later a girl with chocolate brown hair and blue-purple eyes walked in and said shortly, "My name is Ayla."

I was claimed by Hermes at the campfire, and I went into the woods to escape the attention. A monster leaped out at me and pounced onto me. A stream of thoughts ran through my head, varying from what the bleep to I'm too young to die. Suddenly, the monster dissolved into golden dust. Ayla stood in front of me, and dragged me back to camp. I thanked her profusely. I am living at Camp Half-Blood for the summer, and in the school year, I live with Mom. My life is as nice as a demigod's life can be.

Word Count: 1018

*waving* hi. it's 9:30 at night, and...*hits publish button and sits back* done.

-Ayla