Rianna Martinez (Percabeth)

"I mean," I say to my best friend Danielle Chan. "I loved the book. Why won't you go watch it with me?" Danielle sniffs and tosses her hair. She's so posh, her family is rich but she's very down-to-earth (but she's still a little posh, don't tell her I said that) "We have different tastes. You are more of the 'action movie' type. I'm more of the 'romance' type. Jeez--I don't wanna see the movie!" I pout at her. "Pleeeeeease?" Danielle gives me a stink eye. "Fine--once." 

At the movies, we buy the tickets and find our seats. Danielle (who's sulking a lot) wraps her arms around herself and sighs. "I'm so not looking forward to this." I nudge her. "Come on, the Perry Johanssen series is really good. and Perry's girlfriend, Arina, and his best friend, Gordon are so realistic. You'll love it!" Danielle scowls. "I haven't even read the books yet." I sigh. "Whatever. Just watch."

I was going to watch, but sometimes, I got distracted by the couple in front of us. They were laughing quite at every funny mistake the main characters made. They also looked strangely like the book described Perry and Arina. And they were so cute! Somewhere through the movie, the girl started to shiver and the boy gave her his jacket. I nearly squealed! I could tell Danielle was watching, too. She loves romance. I'm okay with it, but...yeah. Just not a big fan. I mean...

After the movie, I was chatting with Danielle. "So, um, what did you think of the movie?" I asked her. She answered, "It. Was. Awesome!!" I smirked at her. "I told you you'd like it!" She sighed. "Yeah. And the couple in front of us were sooooooooo cute! I totally ship." I roll my eyes at her. "Dani, not everything is about shipping people." She glares at me. "I know. Also, I totally ship Perrina! They're soooooooo cute! But the couple in front of us were even cuter!!!" I roll my eyes at her. "Whatever." 

Suddenly, a huge dog bounds out of nowhere and heads for us. I'm just wearing a plain t-shirt and Danielle is wearing a black dress, so we're totally defenceless. The cute couple turn around so unexpectedly we both flinch. We hug each other as the dog prepares to pounce. I close my eyes and get ready for the dogs claws to slice into my skin (oh, woe betide my beautiful skin! :((() But instead, only golden dust rains down gently on us. I open my eyes. The cute couple are standing in front of us. "Guys, we don't have time to explain, but you have to come with us. In a nutshell, the Greek gods are real, and you both are children of them. We have a safe place for you. Come with us...please. It might save your life one day." Danielle is frowning but I nudge her. "Remember the movies?" She looks at me. "Fine. Let's go." 

The guy who looks like Perry says, "I'm Percy, and this is Annabeth. Now, don't panic-" He whistles. "Mrs. O'Leary is a friend. She's awesome." A hound even bigger than the last one melts out of the shadow. We both scream. "Annabeth, can you take them to Camp? I can get there by myself." Annabeth looks at him, her eyes full of concern. "Don't die." She says and kisses him on the cheek. Percy runs off and Annabeth beckons us to get onto the dog's back. She's so big, all three of us can sit on there easily. She whispers something into Mrs. O'Leary's ear, and she dives into the shadows.

Word Count: 608

'Sup ppl! Part two (Danielle's POV) coming out soon! Okay, then. Anyways, I finished some of my holiday homework but I still have like a huge essay to write (oof you ppl should know Lila, Nat, Summer, Jennifer, Nya etc.)

-Ayla