00. Prologue

Have you ever made a weapon with your bare hands? Carved a piece of wood for months, slowly creating indents that appeal your taste and clear a path to your heart? Picked out a string just right for your fingers to dance across and tighten it just enough to serve it's purpose?

It's an intimate art; weapon making, especially if the weapon is meant for your use only.
To create something effective and still dear to you is a difficult, tedious, but honourable task. A task no one should take lightly.

I certainly didn't.

Growing up in a family with an age old agenda is a difficulty on its own, but one I embrace wholeheartedly. Our task since the beginning of time has been to protect man kind and fight against creatures that lurk in the shadows, preying on our weaknesses. It's the one thing I know since I became aware of the world: monsters are real and I am the shield against that darkness.

We're different than regular families. Emotions are compartmentalized, used only when necessary. Staying alert at all times is a must. Moving around and assimilating in various cities, states, even continents isn't a novelty. Once we've cleared the threat, we move onto the next suspicious territory.

Once of age, fully trained and equipped, we're meant to make our own weapon as a form of graduation. After that, you're allowed to venture and find your own missions, basically branching out the family business. Not many choose to hunt alone, outside of comfort that back-up gives, but that isn't me.

I have every intention of being the next leader, the one they would all report to - the first ever woman to lead the family.

In order to do that, I had to prove myself capable. For that to happen, I have to find a hunt of my own.

Thanks to the internet, I've easily found several locations with suspicion of supernatural activities: Mystic Falls, Beacon Hills, Sunnydale and La Push/Forks area. Deciding a large mission such as the last one might do me good for the future, I finally make my choice and begin planning.

Every plan starts off simple:

1. Find a way in.

2. Integrate yourself in society.

3. Gain trust and start to look for clues.

4. Confirm your doubts and find proof.

5. Formulate a plan to separate the group if there's more than one monster.

6. Executing the plan, pick on the members one by one.

7. Double check no one's left to come back for vengeance.

8. Disappear.

The next few days were nightmare, one consisting of research. Finding members of the La Push tribe was easier than anyone from Forks and so I was left with one option: befriend Rachel Black.

She attends college two towns over, close enough for myself to enroll and once I manage to become her friend, I'll obtain an invitation back to her home.

That will be my way in.

Little did I know there would be complications I never foresaw; complications of the mind and complications of the heart.