8. Just A Dare - Alejandro

School was definitely my thing

School was definitely my thing. Nobody has to call me a nerd, because I already know I am. Learning was just so fun and so fascinating to me.

I was currently sitting in the quad by myself, and drawing. It was always nice to be able to sit in nature and draw. It was also so peaceful. I sat alone at the table, minding my business with music blasting through my headphones when suddenly, I wasn't alone. Across from me, was Alejandro. I've been going to school with him since second grade. He's super popular now, but I've always liked him since we were young. I took my headphones out of my ears, and gave him a confused look. "What are you up to, y/n?" He asked, noticing my sketch book. Omg, he really knows my name? My heart sunk. "Just drawing. I usually do this every day." I nervously laughed.

There was a short silence, but he broke it. "Do you maybe wanna hangout some time? Like, after school?" He asked, playing with his hands. My eyes grew huge.

Alejandros POV

The boys and I were playing truth or dare and Mattia dared me to ask out one of the most nerdiest girls in school named yn. I am no bitch, so I decided to do it anyways.

When I asked her, she seemed super shocked but it is what it is. She said yes, and I really wasn't expecting that. I guess I'll take her out and let her down easy afterwards.

"Cool, tonight around 6? I'll pick you up." I said getting up, she agreed and it was a plan.

~ After school ~

Yn's POV

Did the Alejandro Rosario really ask me on a date? Wow, I cannot believe this.

As soon as I got home, I ran to my room to figure out what I should wear. I decided to go with a dress and converse. Since I hardly wear my hair down, I figured I would tonight. For the special occasion. I even did a light make up.

About 45 minutes later, the doorbell rang

About 45 minutes later, the doorbell rang. That must be him. I grabbed my purse, and walked over to the door. When I opened it, he stood there and scanned me. He looked as if he'd seen a ghost. "Wow" was all he said. I smiled at him. "You ready to go?" I nodded and locked the door behind me.

That night we went out to get dinner and we looked at the stars. We spent a lot of time talking. I told him about all of the things I liked, and why I loved learning so much. He told me many things about him. We ended up having a lot more in common than I would think.

As it was getting later, we decided to leave. We made sure to get each others number. When he drove me home, and walked me up to the door, I still couldn't stop blushing. "I had an amazing time tonight. Thank you for that." I kissed his cheek and walked back in the house. He was truly amazing.

Alejandros POV

Damn, I was not expecting that. She's a whole goddess, plus we had so much in common. I think I'm going to let this go on just a little longer to see how it goes.

I went home and immediately texted the boys.

Me: I couldn't tell her it was a dare, I just couldn't. You guys should've seen how good she looked. She did not look the way she looks at school.

Mattia: bro, you're trippin. you need to tell her.

Kairi: it was a dare, how are you feeling like this??

Me: Fine, I'll tell her tomorrow at school.

I know it was wrong, but I didn't even bother texting y/n. I just went straight to bed. I had to let her down easily tomorrow. Let's just see how that goes.

Yn's POV

Last night was amazing, I the best time ever with Alejandro. He told me a lot of amazing things that I never knew about him.

I got out of bed, and got ready for school. I stuck to my usual style. Jeans, a hoodie, and Van's with w messy bun. I probably should've worn something better, but this was definitely my comfort zone.

When I finished getting ready, I grabbed my backpack and walked to school so that I could get to the library before class. I usually went there so I could read or get some homework done. I didn't have homework, so I decided to read.

Out of nowhere, Alejandro found me again. "Hey" He said, sitting down. "Hey!" I smiled at him and closed my book. "You're really beautiful. I had a lot of fun last night." I blushed again and smiled. "Thank you, I had fun too!" He looked at me and then looked down at his hands. "You need to know something." He said, not looking back up at me. I was confused, but I waited for him to speak again. He gulped and looked back at me, but this time into my soul. "Last night was just a dare, everything about it. I was dared to ask you on a date and I was dared to pretend like I like you." All the words just spilled out of his mouth and he had a look on his face as if it didn't bother him that he just crushed my whole heart.

I didn't say anything, in fact, I just packed up all my stuff and left. I dismissed myself from school and just went home. That night and for the past 5 days, all I've done was cry. How could somebody do that? I really liked him and he didn't like me back. I'm so dumb to think that anybody like him would like me.

I haven't even bothered going to school, and it sucks because that's my happy place. He ruined that for me. I blocked and deleted his number because I didn't want to be a part of his little party games again. My heart was broken and he doesn't care. I went into the bathroom and just cried my eyes out on the bathroom floor. Nobody deserves that treatment. Feeling worthless is the most saddest feeling in the world. Why did he do that to me?

Phew, my writings are getting bad omg.