Chapter 14-Sophie

We all reacted differently. I was frozen in shock, along with Tam, Linh, Wylie, and Marella. Keefe grabbed my hand and let me lean against him. His eyes were glassy and he looked like he was about to break down. After all, Alden and Della had been more like parents to him then his parents ever were. Biana had started crying. Dex helped her to sit against a wall and wrapped her in a hug. Fitz was, well, no where in sight actually. I assume he stormed off. That was concerning. I was the first to snap back to reality. I took the note from Della's hand, and read it over in my head. I started crying silent tears.

Dear Sophie,

Meet at the place you once thought was home. Bring Keefe with you. Meet tomorrow at sunset if you want Alden back.

-Gisela

Keefe looked at him over my shoulder, and he tightened his grip on me. He looked like he wanted to punch a wall.

We have to find Fitz. I transmitted. If we were going to see the Neverseen, he was our best bet. Of course we would need Biana as well, and Dex would have to make some gadgets, and-

"Wh-where's F-Fitz?" Biana asked between sobs. 

"I...don't know. Keefe and I were about to look for him." I explained as calmly as possible. I looked up at Keefe and grabbed his hand. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Fitz screamed at me when we found him in his room. I took a step back, and Keefe stepped in front.

"I- I came to f-find you." I stuttered.  He was angry. I handed him the note carefully. His expression turned into a growl. He glared right at me. 

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT! ALL THEY WANT IS YOU SOPHIE! CAN'T YOU SEE? YOU TOO! YOU BOTH JUST PUT THE ALL OF US IN DANGER JUST BY BEING ALIVE!" He screamed at us. I was full on sobbing and Keefe just held my hand tighter. 

"You're right." You could barely hear Keefe as he said it. He pulled me out of the room.

"Keefe......you know it's not true. He's angry." I told him, even though we both knew it was a lie. Keefe could tell. 

"You can't lie to an empath." He said, a sad smile appearing on his face.

"I know." I said hugging him. From what just happened with Fitz, we knew what we needed to do.