Chapter 22-Sophie

Recap: "Sophie, I believe you are onto something. We will stick to the original plan, but we must add a few things that are crucial. First, Stina and Maruca will be joining us, and Maruca will be using her ability to aid you. We must also add something else that is very important. Or should I say someone." He motioned for someone to come forward, and I gasped when I realised who it was.

                                  l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l

"Evangeline?" I realised everyone was looking at me in question. Except for Evangeline and Mr. Forkle who was conveniently smirking. 

"Soph?" She ran over and hugged me. Evangeline was my cousin. She and Amy used to get along. Her Mom was also having trouble giving birth, and I can remember not being able to read her thoughts one time. 

"I can't believe I didn't realise!" I told her.

"I didn't know either. Well, not until some random dude showed up at my door and told me I was an elf. Crazy right?" She agreed.

"How long have you known for?" I asked. Everyone was still staring at us.

"Well I found out the other day, but apparently I'm going to end up with these crazy cool abilities! What are yours?" Shoot I thought she wouldn't ask.

"Umm...." I looked to Mr. Forkle for help.

"Right. That is a conversation for another time Evangeline. Right now we have things to do. I will have Sophie explain things to you another time. Right now, we have to make a plan. When the Neverseen finds out about Evangeline, they might want her too, and that's what we want. Evangeline only has the first 2 abilities right now, but we are going to trigger one right before you guys leave so it will unleash all it force onto the Neverseen." Mr. Forkle explained.

"What are her abilities?" Fitz wondered out loud. 

"Same as Sophie had when she first arrived, Telepath and polyglot. We don't know what ability we could trigger, but we are hoping that we get a certain new ability we came across. It doesn't have a name, but the power is crucial, and will be used to defeat the Neverseen." Mr. Forkle clarified. This could be our chance to finally get rid of the Neverseen for good. 

"Okay. So, what's the plan?" Keefe asked, finally talking.

"Our plan, Mr. Sencen, is to wait until about 1 hour before you must go, to trigger Evangeline's new ability. Once she gets her new ability, you 3 will leap to wherever it is you are meeting the Neverseen, and bargain for Keefe and the others with Sophie and Evangeline. Of course, Gisela won't except the offer, but the others would. Once the are arguing, Sophie will open her mind to Evangeline and use a brain push, while Evangeline uses her new ability to take out as many members as possible. Now, I know this is risky, but it will work. Now, if they bring your friends with them, I need Keefe to distract them. We will get there early, and Keefe can put out whatever he can to distract them, and when whatever he does goes off, Sophie will transmit to Biana and Tam to turn invisible and hide in shadows, and get everyone out of there when they can.  Once you are sure they are safe, then you can do the original plan. Is everything clear?" Mr. Forkle finally finished his long, detailed plan.

"Umm," Keefe started, clearing his throat. "Photographic memory, remember?" He said smirking half-heartedly. I grabbed his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

"Ok. Now that we are all on the same page, I would like you all to fill Evangeline on EVERYTHING. Anything important that you have learned about the Neverseen, or anything else that could be an old clue or something. You all should explain your abilities. You have about 8 hours before you must leave. Sophie, Fitz, it might help if you transmit as many images as possible. I also suggest telling her about anyone important that's not here, especially Biana, Dex, Alden, and Tam, so she know who to look for. Now hurry, our time is limited." We rushed off to the room.

"Let's just start from the beginning." I said. I explained everything that happened from when Fitz found me up until now, with the others occasionally adding on or filling things I missed. Edaline also brought us some Mallowmelt and other treats. We had 3 hours left to finish up. All we had left to do was show our abilities. 

"Ok. So, Maruca is a Psionipath, which means she can create force fields." I explained, as Maruca made a force field around us. We went on like that until there was just Me, Keefe, Fitz, and Marella's abilities to explain.

"So, I am an Empath which is kind of boring. I think my Mom tried to trigger another ability but I don't know what it is yet. It's probably something stupid, like a Shade." Keefe told Evangeline smirking at the last part. Linh threw a water bubble at him, and I playfully punched his shoulder. Stina just rolled her eyes.

"Can we please get this over with. I'm getting bored hanging out with you losers." Stina huffed.

"Whatever. Anyways, I'm a pyrokinetic, which means I can control fire, but as you know that ability was banned, so I had to be trained by a Neverseen member, Fintan, in secret." Marella explained, holding a little fire in her palm. Evangeline stared in awe, as Marella put the fire out. 

"Guess that leaves Sophie and I." Fitz said, looking at his cognate rings. I looked at mine too.

" Okay, so this is where you're going to get confused. Fitz and I are what we call Cognates. It basically means we have a strong mental connection, and he's 1 of the only 2 people that can get passed my mental barriers. If we put our minds together and go into someone's mind, we can pretty much find or do whatever we need." I explained. Her eyes were wide open in awe.

"WOW! THAT'S SO COOL!" She squealed. Fitz just smiled at her while Keefe rolled his eyes.

"It's cool until they have secret conversations." Keefe teased, playfully punching Fitz. 

"All you guys have such cool abilities! Sophie do you have more abilities?" Evangeline questioned.

"Ya. I'm a polyglot like you, so I can speak any language. I can also Teleport, Inflict, which is when you inflict an emotion onto someone,  and I'm also an Enhancer, which means if I take off my gloves, I can enhance your ability. Let me show you." I took off my gloves, sat beside her, and took her hands.

"Woah."She breathed. I let go of her hands, and went back to sit beside Keefe.

"I  should show you what happens when I enhance De- Oh. Right." I sighed. Everyone sat quietly for a while. Mr. Forkle eventually came in to tell us we had 1 hour and 30 minutes left before we leave, so he took Evangeline to start triggering the ability.