Ch4: The Job

7th January 1987
"What the hell do you mean you saw them run off?!" One of the parents yelled angrily. "I'm so sorry, sir but I just saw them out of the bathroom window running off into the distance" William calmly told them. "But you were supposed to be watching them!" a mother cried. "You were just a couple of feet away from them, you all were busy looking down at your newspapers and talking!" Fred exclaimed angrily. "Well one of you was supposed to be watching them!" another mother shouted. "Fred and Sebastian were on their lunch break, as soon as I finished mine, I checked them, they were all here and then I went to the bathroom and after, I saw them running away" William responded with a frown. "Our kids would never do that!" another parent sobbed. "Please remain calm. They could have ran home or to the park together. We'll stay here and keep an eye out".

"I knew something bad would happen" Fred bit his nails, sitting at the party table. "It wasn't our fault at all. The kids just got carried away and the parents have probably found them by now" William told him, sitting next to him. "Y-Yes, you're right. And the animatronic suits are arriving tomorrow! Everything's going to be fine" Fred told himself. "Yeah" Will smiled. "So when are the robotic parts arriving? I still cannot believe you managed to find someone to do that" Fred chuckled. "Me too. They should be arriving late at night tomorrow, I'll sort out everything overnight since he will send instructions too" Will sat up and continued to clean up. "God, what would I do without you?" Fred laughed.

Williams POV
After I finished my shift later on that day, I double- checked that I had locked everything up, especially the backstage room. After I got home, I found Terrence on the broken sofa sobbing. "I still can't believe you're making me do this" he whispered, hiding his face, or should I say mask. "Terrence, we're helping them. We're making them immortal" I muttered, putting my bag away. Terrence sat up, looking at me like I had just murdered somebody. "How many more people are you going to 'help'?!".

The next day, Terrence and I had everything planned out. He was locked inside the backstage room with the others. In the end I had to put a spell on the door and walls because of the amount of times he'd tried to break out. After a day of serving pizzas, cleaning and kids playing around, we closed the place for the day and my night shift started. Fred left early for the night, leaving me more time to make the animatronics. I heard a knock at the front door, I opened it to find the delivery guy from that robotics company stacking 6 massive boxes on top of each other. After signing the papers, I brought them inside and into the room backstage. "Dad!" Terrence screamed, right in front of the door, making me jump. "Christ, Terrence!" I glared at him. "H-How could you l-leave me here all d-day?! How could you?! I-I can't do this anymore!" He sobbed, running out of the room. I rolled my eyes and with a snap of my fingers, he was slammed against the backstage wall. "Terrence, you know that I'm stronger than you. Just don't bother trying. Finish the job".