10| "you should look at how you treat me before you bitch abt how I react to it"

"Where's Kie and Pope?" I asked John B.

"It's midsummers today. Thought you knew that" JJ answered and my eyes widened.

"Shit, you gotta take me home right now! My dad's gonna kill me" I yelled at them and They motioned for me to calm down and that he'd take me.

"I forgot about that stupid party!" I yelled once John B got to my house. He gave JJ a suit to wear and a note to give to Sarah Cameron.

Apparently, he was macking Sarah Cameron which was a huge surprise to me. The ultimate kook who Kie hates and John B used to hate is now his.. girlfriend? Weird shit. Especially since she's Topper's girlfriend... I didn't ask about that because I honestly don't wanna know.

I didn't even stop to think about how I'm going to go inside my house with JJ and not sneak him upstairs.

I guess I was just in such a hurry that I didn't realize but my dad wasn't home so we were okay. My brother told me that he went to Midsummer early to help set up and talk with his friends.

I searched through my racks of clothes as I tried to find something good enough for midsummer. This is a very fancy party for all the kooks and I hate it but I have to go.

"Long dress or short?" I asked JJ as I tried to find something good to wear. "Layla I ain't a kook. I cannot help you with this shit" he said and I groaned.

"Which one would look the hottest on me? Which one do you think will look cute on me for tonight?" I asked him so he'd actually help. All I want is him to help me with which looks the best. "Do that one. I like it" he said as he pointed to a small reddish/pinkish floral bodycon dress.

"See how easy that was," I said as I took off my shirt and shorts.

I slid the dress over my head and walked over to JJ. I turned around so he could zip it up then I stepped in front of the mirror. Looked really good. "Good choice" I mumbled to JJ and he laughed. He put on the tuxedo John B gave him then we went down the stairs into my garage.

I took the Jeep and drove us to the stupid kook party.

When we got there I realized literally every girl had some sort of headband on. I rolled my eyes as I searched through the glove compartment and grabbed a small flower crown. Same one as last year.

We went into the venue and JJ left me to go work and give the note to Sarah. I found Kie and Pope and told them that JJ was okay and that he just had some issues with his dad but he's okay now.

I managed to avoid my dad the entire time I was there which was a huge accomplishment for me.

We were only there for around an hour before everyone went silent and JJ's drunk voice was yelling by the doors. I let out a groan as I walked toward the sound and pushed past a bunch of old white men who were drinking their fancy Chardonnay.

"I can walk myself, man. I got legs. Can't you see that, brother?" He joked with the security guard who was dragging him by his arm.

"I really appreciate what you did back there. Let me just walk out by myself" JJ said more seriously when he realized this guy wasn't gonna let go and he definitely wasn't liking JJ's jokes.

"Mr. Dunleavy, I see you got your drink. Good, that's really nice of you. I'm actually gonna down that" JJ said to an old man with a glass in his hand. JJ took it from him and drank it all before handing it back to him.

I was mentally crying while I watched JJ make a fool out of himself but was also struggling not to laugh because it was very entertaining.

"Ahh! Whoo!" He yelled as he was stumbling around with the guard still holding on to him.

"It's okay everybody! Do not panic. Leave it to the men and women in uniform!" JJ screamed so everyone would look at him. He started clapping sarcastically and a laugh escaped my lips which made a few people glare at me. "Rose! Look like lady liberty!" He said to Sarah's mom who had a hideous spiky crown on.

"Let go of him!" Kie yelled as she stepped up beside me. Everyone turned to look at us and the guard stopped walking.

Her parents tried to get her to shut up but I continued to speak for her, "you can't just boot him! I invited him here as my date and I'm a member of this club! You have no right to just kick him out for no reason!" I yelled and I felt someone grab my arm. Topper stood next to me and tried to get me to shut up but I pushed him off me. He went to grab me again but JJ pushed the guard over a table and came to defend me from Topper. He barely got two steps toward me before he was bombarded by people and guards. Everyone started screaming and freaking out while I just laughed and watched JJ fool around.

"Mandatory power hour at Rixons, Kie!" JJ yelled to her with her a wink. "Pope, Layla you as well!" He yelled at us. I started to walk toward him but Topper grabbed me again.

"Stop doing this Layla!" He screamed angrily which made everyone go dead silent, even the Pogues.

Most people have never seen Topper act that way and he was perceived as the golden boy so this was probably so weird for others to watch.

"What the hell are you talking about Topper?!" I yelled back as I ripped my arm out of his grasp.

"Stop hanging out with these Pogues! All they're doing is getting you in trouble and changing who you are! I want the old Layla back" he yelled as he tried to grab me again and I scoffed as I hit his arm away from me.

"Then maybe you shouldn't have let Rafe rape me while you and I were dating! Or better yet maybe if you didn't treat me like I was your fucking dog! You don't own me anymore Topper! You were a good guy but that Topper is just as gone as that Layla is and that's YOUR fault. So, maybe you should look at how you're treating me before you bitch about how I react to it!" I screamed before I turned to walk away. I told the Pogues to just start leaving and I'd be right behind them.

"Look I get it, Layla!" He yelled which made me stop again and I tried to hold in my anger as I turned to face him.

"I made a mistake and I'm sorry for that but you can't act like you're this perfect innocent little girl anymore! Your mom died and I know that was hard for you and you feel guilty about it but it's no excuse for becoming who you are now. There's no point in holding a grudge." he said shakily and I felt a sharp pain in my chest at his words. "Guilt"

I walked up to him and slapped him straight across the face before I flicked him off.
"I don't hold grudges. I remember the facts." I snapped at him as I started walking away from the stupid party.

I stopped briefly and looked back at Topper,

"If I could go back to the day we met, I'm sorry, but I'd turn around and walk the other way"

I ran over to JJ who grabbed my waist and I kissed him sweetly as we all laughed and ran away from that stupid party.