16| "you feel like a tough guy? You gonna hit me over this stupid money?"

Kei, Sarah, and I were sitting in the van and looking at the drawing of the well and gold placement that John B drew for us. He was making a device with Pope that will help him get all the gold out of the well since it's so heavy. Kie and Sarah seemed to be a lot closer again and it was nice to see her not raging about Sarah.

I'd been thinking ever since I found out about Sarah and John B macking, that it made total sense for the group. It's obvious that Pope likes Kie so I've been hoping Kie shares those feelings because then everyone in the group would be dating each other.
- John B and Sarah
- JJ and I
- Kiara and Pope
It'd be perfect.

"Kie this better work! We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it" JJ complained as he dropped the three slabs of gold. Kie held up a blow torch and smiled at him, "it'll work"

She put the gold into a bucket and was melting it down into one piece.
JJ got in the van and sat next to me as we watched Kie.

I leaned over to him and he smiled as he kissed me. I'm so happy that I'm with him now.

When we finished melting it down we drove to the local pawn shop. JJ and I were the ones who were gonna try and pawn it off while the others just stood by us. Apparently, he and I are the best liars which makes us good at pawning off gold I guess.

"I see you buy gold," JJ said to the lady at the register. "That's what the sign says, don't it?" She said as she eyed us. She definitely thought we were gonna have some fake ass gold but oh she is so wrong.

We settled on 70,000 for the gold but the lady said she didn't have enough money at the shop. She gave us an address to a wear house where she has money and we went on our way. I sat in JJ's lap while Kie and Sarah were explaining their skepticism about this wear house. We were in the middle of nowhere with only trees in sight. It was sketchy, to say the least. It got even more sketchy when we heard police sirens from behind us.
"Bogeys out here?" I asked as I looked out the window in the car. JJ yelled at John B for getting us in trouble even though he did nothing wrong. JJ stashed the gold in a little hidden compartment while we pulled over and waited for the cop to walk up. We were all yelling at him to hurry up as the guy was getting closer. We all went silent when the guy showed up at John B's window with a mask on and cocked his gun. Definitely not a cop.

He was yelling at us and ordering us to put our hands up. I didn't put my hands up until I saw John B do it because I wasn't sure if we were gonna just go along with this bullshit. I would've happily beat the fuck out of that guy so we could get back on our merry way but I guess I was the only one who thought that. He led us all out of the car with our hands up. JJ tried to tell him we were broke but the guy just yelled at him to shut up.
"Dude chill," he said as we were all standing out of the car but he still had his gun in our faces.

"Blow your damn head off!" He screamed at us and I heard Sarah whimper from behind me. I looked over my shoulder at her and sent her a reassuring smile. He forced us to get in the ditch on our hands and knees with our heads down. I was the very end and was pissed the fuck off by this dickhead robbing us. John B slowly got up once the guy was searching our car. Sarah was begging him not to leave and Pope was telling him not to be a hero.
I sent John B an encouraging nod to tell him he should do it. He went into the other guy's car to wait for him and I grabbed Sarah's hand to calm her down.

The guy got out of the van and ran back to his car. We all watched him in anticipation of what John B was gonna do. "Guys, I got the gun!" John B yelled as he pushed the guy out of the car. JJ shot to his feet and ran over to help. I struggled to get back up but once I did I was ready to help in any way I could. JJ punched him in the side but the guy threw a left hook in his face and he stumbled back. Kie punched him in the face but he pushed her to the ground which made me even angrier. I charged him and punched him in the face twice. He fell down and was against the car. Sarah slammed the door on him over and over until he stopped trying to fight back.