14| "Ok well, they have motion sensors. Doesn't mean she's awake right?"

The gold is underneath the Crain house in the basement. The Crain house is sort of just a part of this old ghost story but it was still pretty creepy. Especially since the gold is in a well underneath the house. It makes no sense why there'd be a well down there but I tried not to think about it.

I climbed over the fence after Kie and we all crouch's down behind a bush when the porch lights turned on. "Ok well, they have motion sensors. Doesn't mean she's awake right?" I asked in hopes that they'd reassure me. Thankfully they did and they sent us three girls to the front porch so we could turn the circuit breaker off to be able and walk through the motion censors without triggering them. Us being the unlucky girls that we are, the circuit breaker wasn't on the porch. It went into the house which means we have to go inside to find it.

The inside of the house was actually pretty neat and clean. She definitely likes having a clean house I guess. We all jumped when a cat came out of nowhere and hissed at us. We slowly moved past it and followed the wire from the lights to the breaker box. The generator powered down as Kie flicked one of the switches and we sighed in relief. We heard a creak coming from upstairs and we cussed under our breath as we pressed our bodies to the wall in hopes she wouldn't find us. It was too dark to try and hide somewhere else so this was our best bet. Mrs. Crain was coming down the stairs with her cane. We could head the small clacking noise it made when it lit each stair. She coughed a few times as she came down and I could tell she was definitely getting really old. I wasn't scared of her being an ax murderer I just didn't want her to call the police or intervene with our gold heist. She talked to her cat about it being late which means she just thinks her cat was making a ruckus. She kept getting closer and closer to us and I grabbed Sarah and Kie's shaking hands to help calm them down. Mrs. Crain walked right past us without even noticing our presence which confused me. "I can hear you, Leon!" She growled as she was searching for her cat. Sarah let out a small whimper and Mrs. Crain turned to us, "I've been waiting all night!" She screamed and Sarah screamed as we ran away from the lady. I couldn't help but notice that Mrs. Crain's eyes were a grayish color. It was dark in the house but not dark enough for her to just walk right past us the way she did and when she turned in our direction she didn't actually look straight at us. I think she's blind.

We ran to the front door but it was boarded up and the lady was getting closer and closer every second we weren't running. She swung a bar at us and it slammed into my leg and I cried out in pain. I dragged Kie away from the door and we ran through the hallways blindly. I kept bumping into things and I lost Kie. I had no idea where she went so now I was alone as I tried desperately to find a way out while trying not to put too much weight on my leg. I heard the girls run down a flight of stairs and heard Mrs. Crain breaking down a door. There was no way for me to get out that way and I had no idea where another door or window was. I mentally cursed at myself because we turned off the circuit breaker which made the entire house dark. There were multiple gunshots from below me which made me start to worry as I was feeling around the house and trying to find a way out. I got to a window and tried to open it but it had a thin wood plank over it. I grabbed a metal candlestick and hit it on the wood until I could pull it off. The window still wasn't opening and I screamed in anger when I saw the padlock on the window. I picked up the wood plank and banged it on the glass repeatedly until it shattered and I crawled out of it. I fell on to a bush and groaned in pain at the cuts I got from the glass and the pain in my leg. I could feel the blood dripping down not only my face but my chest and neck too. I heard Sarah and JJ yelling to Pope and Kie to hurry up and get in the van. I gripped into the side of the house and pulled myself to my feet. I screamed at the throbbing pain in my leg and the blood dripping into my eyes. I tried to run as fast as I could but it was hard with the blood in my eyes and pain in my leg. I saw John B running out of the basement to the van and I followed after him. A gunshot sent me to the ground with a scream and I pulled myself under a bush. I held the wound on my thigh from the gun. Third time getting shot and I was not really enjoying the experience. I yanked my shirt over my head and tied it around the wound as tight as I could. I screamed in pain as I was breathing heavily and trying to get the blood to stop. It was a through and through which meant the bullet went in and out of my thigh thankfully. (idk if ppl know this so let me explain real quick: if u get shot u want it to go all the way through because if it doesn't then you have to get the bullet pieces out of your wound and that can cause infections and all sorts of bad things)
I laid down on the grass and closed my eyes at the constant burning feeling I had in my thigh. If I sit here any longer then there's a chance I could die from blood loss. I had cuts all over from the glass and then the gunshot so I wouldn't be surprised. It's truly a miracle that I haven't passed out yet either. I crawled out of the bush and pulled myself up by the fence. It took me over ten minutes to climb the fence and get down on the other side. I had my hands on the fence so I could try to steady myself as I walked. I saw the van a few houses down and I could slightly hear them all yelling at each other inside. I smiled in relief that I didn't have to walk all the way home myself. I tried to go faster but black spots spread across my vision and I let go of the fence. I tried to scream to tell them I was here and alive but I fell to the ground before I could.