CHAPTER 2

"Did you get her?
"Yeah, she's a Royal too"
"Excellent, in the arena or get some gold.."
"Dumbass I don't think the Queen would be so happy if we sold her."
"Arena it is then, make sure she's tied up right."
"Yes Commander."

*.+ xxx_kylie presents.. +.*

.:'You're Dead To Me.' Chapter 2:.

.-* ENJOY! *-.

Aqua groaned, her head was aching and her wings felt as sore as ever. She sat up slightly, squinting her eyes open, getting used to the light, finally she could see everything, the ground was hundreds of feet below her, and she wasn't on a very big pillar. She tried spreading her wings but the clamps held her down, she could barely tilt them upward without them being pulled down. Where the hell am I? She thought, lashing her tail, she peered down the edge, gripping on tightly, she saw 2 dragons fighting; a MudWing and a RainWing, she gasped quietly and her eyes widened. She was in the arena, fighting for Queen Bonfire's entertainment.

After lots of pacing and thinking, the sun started to go down and she finally realized there was a dragon next to her. A NightWing, she stared at him out of the corner of her eye, he growled as a SkyWing guard came to give them a fish. He lashed his tail giving a ferocious growl, he flared his wings as much as he could. "Pipe down, NightWing.." The guard barked tossing him the fish, then moved towards her. "SeaWing, what do you eat?" He asked, not in the nicest way. "Hm? Oh, meat." Aqua said sitting up, flicking her tail lightly. "Huh, that's surprising, I thought you squid-brains only ate seaweed. Or clams." The guard scoffed with a smug grin, in a flash Aqua leapt out at him, leaving a slash on his shoulder, her wing clamps brought her back, but she showed she wasn't as weak as she looked. "GAH! YOU BRAT!" He roared, he cuffed her wrists up, his shoulder bleeding. "No food for a week..! Lights out bitch.." He mumbled, flying off. "Fine bird-brain.." Aqua snarled, loud enough for the NightWing to hear her, he chuckled softly, finishing off his fish. She looked over at him for a moment, admiring his movements and how his scales looked. The NightWing stretched his wings out half way as he layed down, sighing with his eyes shut. Woah.. I've never seen a NightWing before, they actually look really cool, and not as menacing as they sound. And the way his scales all fade together perfectly, and the stars on his wings look like a galaxy.. Aqua thought, studying him, suddenly the NightWing spoke. "Can you stop admiring my scales? It's hard to sleep." He mumbled. Aqua sat there, completely frozen. Did he just say what I was thinking-?
"Yes, I did.." He said, Aqua shuffled herself awkwardly. "You're a mind reader?" The NightWing nodded, he suddenly turned and looked at her with sharp black eyes. Shit, they are a lot more menacing. Aqua thought, the NightWing chuckled, it was pitch dark now, if she didn't have night vision she'd not be able to see him at all, but luckily she does. Suddenly he started studying her. "It'd be useful to read your mind right now, cause now you're studying me." She said sitting up taller, her tail sitting at her side. "You're a royal?!" He finally burst out in a shocked loud whisper, Aqua rolled her eyes slightly. "Yes, yes I am." He scoffed, lowering his head slightly. "Ugh, Royals, always get what they want.." Aqua dropped her expression. She was pissed. "Well sorry sugar, but if you're waiting for me to care, pack a lunch, it's gonna be awhile." She said with a growl, she layed down, in a half ball, her tail covering her face as she drifted off to a soft sleep, her scales lit up a dim color, and faded from light to dark, in a pattern. "Tch.." The NightWing said, he looked at her, groaning lightly. "Too bright for me, how does anyone live with that.." And then shortly, he went off to sleep too.

Aqua woke up to sounds of cheering. "Hyena! Hyena! Hyena!" She blinked her eyes open and peered over the edge to see a yellowish SkyWing, he had black to grey faded armor on, and if she read correctly that's the highest rank, Hyena stood over a dead body, roaring with his wings flared up as high as they could go, he was a guard, fighting in the arena? "That's what happens when there's un-loyal SkyWings!" A female voice yelled, she sounded professional like she needed to keep repeating it, as if she was training baby dragonets. Aqua realized that was Queen Bonfire, she looked over at Hyena and realized the body was a NightWing, she gasped and looked at the pillar to her left, the other NightWing she talked to last night was still there, sitting tall as if he was assessing every dragon around him (which he probably was). The body was cleared from the arena and Hyena went up to the pedestal where Bonfire sat, he sat right next to her. Must be close.. Aqua thought with a huh noise. "Hyena is Bonfire's personal guard, and maybe even a little more." Then NightWing smirked. Aqua groaned, remembering he could search her brain. "Alright what's your name." She snarled, the NightWing stopped observing and looked at her like I'm not telling you shit. "Why would that be your business, princess?" Aqua clenched her talons into the wood. "Don't call me that.." He stood up, he was insanely tall, or maybe she was just small. "You're a royal, you just have to figure out what term I'm using it for, ight?" He said, flicking his tail, Aqua mumbled some words, mocking him. She watched the arena a little more, studying the surviving dragons tactics. Aqua was surprisingly good at fighting, without using her Animus powers at least, she never was really trained to use them in fighting, so she doesn't really know what to enchant. Out of all the prisoners, there was one MudWing that seemed to be the strongest, Hyena would probably kill him but they keep him alive for entertainment. She studied him hard, watching his movements. She picked up a few things, he jumps before every attack and only does frontal assault mainly. It was near sunset and suddenly two SkyWing guards came up to her, she sat up, watching them fly to her. "You're in the arena, squid-brain." One snarled, unclamping her wings, she stretched them out as they brought her down, then reattached them when she stood on the red sand. She gulped in fear and looked up to see the NightWing chuckling, lying down probably amused to watch her die. All of a sudden, she heard..
"Claws up! . . . FIGHT!"
And in a flash, there was a huge MudWing running at her, fire coming out his nostrils..

.: Hope you enjoyed this part, chapter 3 will be released shortly..! :.