CHAPTER 3

]|[ WARNING ]|[
| This chapter contains descriptive gore, if you're unhappy with those I'll leave a mark where you can skip past the part :)) |

The MudWing was charging at her, she felt like she was paralyzed, she couldn't move, then all of a sudden her instincts kicked in, the MudWing kept forward to bite her, she slipped under his legs, clawing his underbelly and tripping him. He roared and fumbled into the arena walls, sooner or later he got up and growled. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT SEAWING.." Aqua gulped, then growled, remembering all her studies..

"The weakest part of a MudWing is here.. on their neck, if you pinch it lightly they'll instantly fall to the ground, its a high weakness, go for there first if you end up fighting one." Aqua's health teacher said, pointing to the MudWing diagram.

She snapped back into the world, lashing her tail every step he took, he started running at her again, a bit of a limpy run but he looked somewhat normal, he clawed at her, Aqua swiftly felt like she was moving in slow motion, as she was to the left of the MudWing, she located the spot quickly and pinched it, he roared but it slowed down, almost as if he'd been tranquilized, then he fell to his side, his stomach bleeding out and his shoulder all bloody, same with a bit on his face. Suddenly everyone was looking at her, all of them wide eyed and shocked, then finally all of them were cheering. Hyena swept down glaring at her, she thought she was gonna die, he gave her a menacing look, then smiled lightly. "Congratulations Aqua, you did good out there, whoever wins the fight tomorrow gets to hangout in the palace with you for 2 hours. Then you're back to your pillars, you'll also be getting a bucket of water, since we need our prisoners to stay healthy." He stated, Aqua let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Huh, serious on the job but a nice personality? No wonder Bonfire likes him as a guard. She thought, she gave him a light smile. "Thank you." She held out her wings so she could be escorted back up and clipped on, the NightWing was looking at her curiously. After the guards chained her up and left, most dragons left the arena, since it was nightfall. "What did you do to him?" He asked, not in a scared way, in a curious way, she rested her head down, letting her body relax and start slowly healing the wounds. "I killed him, like everyone's supposed to in the arena." He rolled his eyes. "No, how did you kill him?" Aqua sat up, staring at him. "I studied him hard before I got thrown in, his feet are always slightly off the ground when he attacks, which leaves his underbelly exposed and a gap for small dragons like me or RainWings to slip under. I'm surprised you didn't hear my loud thinking." He shrugged, kinda amazed. "I put your thoughts into a raindrop, so I could get a soft sleep. And that's impressive that you could pick all that info up." He said. Aqua yawned, she was about to sleep but then a SkyWing guard approached her, holding a basil of water and a large piece of meat. "Here you go, nice work today." He dropped them down then flew away. She nodded her head, drinking some water, which caused her scales to fade back to their normal blue. "He also only really does frontal assault, which makes it easier to doge him as he's a bigger dragon." The NightWing shrugged, staring at her. "Stop studying me." She flicked her tail, sitting up and turning away from him. "Sure Princess.." He said, lying down again. "Oh, can you also keep your scales a more dim brightness? It was pretty bad last night." Aqua turned back around to look at him, she adjusted her scales, letting him decide what he liked. "This good?"
"Yes, thank you." He growled lightly, before going off to sleep, and soon, so did she.

"Get in the arena, NightWing.." The guard that brought her the water basil said, she lifted her head softly, she realized her NightWing friend (
or at least I think he's my friend) was being put in. "Alright, Eagle, relax, you gonna unchain me?" He said holding out his wings. "Hm, no. Fly down on your own and risk hurting yourself." Eagle said, the NightWing looked at her and shrugged then swept down. He does a lot of shrugging.. Aqua thought, she crept closer to the edge, she rolled on her side, watching.

NightWing POV:

Silver exhaled, shaking himself. He watched as the other NightWing he was fighting landed. Tch, I'll kill this rodent in the blink of an eye. The other NightWing thought, Silver smirked, sitting up tall, flicking his tail. Please don't die. He heard Aqua think, he smiled softly but then shook it off like a fly, he walked to his starting position. You got this Pitch.. The other NightWing said, shifting left and right. "Claws up! . . . FIGHT!" Hyena yelled, soon enough Pitch was running right at him, Silver snarled flaring his wings, leaning back slightly, he leapt out at Pitch, he got a hold of his horns and he grabbed both of them, throwing them into the wall. His head smacked it hard as he crumpled down in pain, he coughed some blood then stood up growling again. Silver lashed his tail, slowly reaching for his mini pocket in his wristband. As Pitch started running at his side, Silver reached into his pocket and got out a small dagger, when Pitch reached out for him Silver grabbed his shoulder midair.

Descriptive Gore Up Ahead.

Silver held onto his shoulder, still holding the knife, he got behind him and stabbed the dagger in his head, dragging the knife all the way down from his neck to back, he heard a slight thought from Aqua. "Holy shit.. I really need to get out of here before he does that to me.." He looked up quickly and saw her scrambling around her pillar trying to get out. He focused back on Pitch. Dark red blood was bleeding everywhere, all down his body, Silver could see his spine through the gash he made, Pitch could probably pass as a mad RainWing, there was blood everywhere though, all on his head, chest, legs, especially back, and tail, his left wing seemed to be broken, probably when he threw him into the wall. Silver stared at his spine, then he realized something shiny was in him. What the fuck? He thought, before too many people noticed he grabbed it and put it in his pouch, he hopped off his dark red back onto the bright red sand, he looked over to Queen Bonfire, she looked curious but impressed. Huh, I'm surprised this NightWing hasn't been put in more. Bonfire thought, her dark red scales matched Pitch's body and some of the sand.

Descriptive Gore Passed :)

Hyena landed down next to Silver, his flapped his wings lightly. "Nice work, NightWing, who won the battle yesterday?" Hyena asked as if he already knew, Silver sat down. "Aqua, correct?" He said with a light snarl. Hyena grinned. "Well you're staying with her in the palace for 2 hours later. Queen Bonfire is very impressed with yours and Aqua's skill, she's never really seen anything like it. Some guards will get you around mid-day." Hyena finished before leaping to the air back to the palace along with Bonfire and the Princess: Thalia. Guards came to take Silver back up, he followed them back up and got clamped in, he stretched his wings as far as they could go, Aqua was still trying to get out, and was thinking rapidly.

Aqua POV:

Aqua paced around the pillar, leaning back hard, trying to slip out of her wrist-cuffs. Shit, shit, shit, I saw the way he killed that NightWing, soon we're gonna be put in the arena together I heard SkyWing's talking about it! FUCK! CURSE THESE CHAINS! Aqua roared. The NightWing had a look on his face that was more concerned than ever. "Uh, Princess? You do realize we're going to the palace in a little bit." She immediately stopped. "Wait.. I'm going with you..?!" She asked alarmed, he chuckled. "Yes, oh my god relax.. and I'll get us out of here.." He said in a low whisper. Soon Eagle and another SkyWing came over to them. "Alright, to the palace we go."