CHAPTER 12

Viper POV

"Turrent get a group ready for the attack, River make sure the dragonets are safe, leave only our best Seawatchers behind, Oceana, get some of the healers that used to be guards ready with some medical supplies." Viper said walking through the centre of the Deep Palace, most dragons scurrying in the water or flying out the air hole they have. River nodded then leapt into the water, his bioluminescent scales lightly making him visible from far away. She adjusted her waterproof cloak and walked tall. She was only 8, and already taking the throne, Viper felt Aqua should be doing it instead, but she was dead. Silver couldn't hunt her anymore. Soon enough she had an army of SeaWings, and only left a few of the best guards behind to defend the Deep Palace. "Alright, off to MudWing territory we go! Everyone fight your hardest, your making a memorable sacrifice." Viper flashed in Aquatic and also said out loud, she leapt into the water, meeting River about halfway as he led the fastest and sneakiest current to the MudWing kingdom. She trotted quietly to the throne doors and burst it open. "QUEEN MIRE!" The hazel MudWing queen looked over at her. "Ah, Queen Viper, i see you got my.. murder message." She laughed, Viper growled. "Why would you do this?!"
"Business is business darling, but you don't know anything about that because you were never informed" Mire slouched down in her chair slightly, sighing happily. Viper lowered her guard slightly. "What.. do you mean?" Mire cackled. "You didn't know Queen Ocean and I made a deal and if she lost she would loose her life?! What kind of mother is that!" Viper gasped, her wings drooped lower. "Did Aqua know?!" Mire didn't respond. "TELL ME YOU MOTH-" Viper started. "Now now, use proper lady-language here, we have dragonets in the room." She has a good point, there was a dragonet talking to a guard (most likely its dad) and one sitting... right next to the throne. "But yes, Aqua did know, ooo she didn't tell you either? I guess nobody in your family can trust you.. tch.. disappointing." Mire was slowly getting into her head, so it was time to get into hers. Current, River, shoot the guards on the left and right once the baby dragon next to the guard leaves. Viper signalled in Aquatic, they both nodded and waited for the baby dragonet to leave. Which was pretty quick. She flicked her tail as Current and River shot the guards with a poison arrow, they gasped falling to the ground. Mire yelped. Viper took the bow and arrow that was tipped with Dragonbite viper venom and aimed it at the baby dragon next to the throne (who was most likely her daughter). "YOU WOULDNT! How would Aqua feel?!" Mire screamed, flaring her wings slightly. "Aqua is dead. And if I can't have my royal mother or sister, you can't have your daughter." Viper snapped back as she let go of the arrow, in a flash it was in the MudWing heirs chest, she yelped as she crumbled to the ground. That was when all the SeaWings left the throne room to head back, but a squad of MudWings was waiting outside.
They fought all of them, they basically lost all their soldiers, but she lost some of her guards too, the healers that used to be guards carried the injured ones back, as they bolted through the current. While swimming back Viper swore she saw Aqua and stopped, River stopped and asked her what was wrong, but when she looked back the dragon she thought was Aqua was gone.

"I swear I saw her..! River you have to believe me.." Viper begged, River sighed. "She's gone Viper, I know you miss her and I do too, but that wasn't her, you know we have lots of SeaWings that color." Viper had a mad look on her face as she stared at the ground next to River. "I love you okay? Don't stress over it.." He said giving her a kiss on the cheek, a smile came to her face. "Okay, okay.. I'm sorry. But it's getting late, we should get some sleep.." she said, River nodded. "I'll go tell Current to watch the throne." He flew out the door into the water swimming towards Current/the Throne room. She layed down on her royal bed. What if something happens to me..? Who would take the throne.. She blushed lifting her head up. How do I ask him for a dragonet?! But who knows if it'll be a boy or a girl.. I-I'll ask him later.. I just wish Aqua would be able to see them if it happens.. Was her last thought before curling up to sleep.