CHAPTER 5

THIS IS THE COVER ABOVE!! It took at least 2 and a half hours to do, and I'm really proud of the finished product! Enjoy the story..

Aqua yawned, waking up, she woke up in a real coloured cage, and it wasn't comfy, she yelped when she saw the arena floor below her. Please say you can hear me.. please..!! Aqua thought in her head hoping the NightWing could hear her. "Hey hey hey, I'm here, relax. We're in the arena cause we have to fight each other cause they want a new champion, follow my plan, when I say go. FOLLOW ME, do you understand Princess." He hissed in her head. I understand, a-are.. you gonna kill me..? She asked, she heard a chuckle. "Of course not, I'm cruel but I'm not that cruel. They're gonna open the cages soon, get ready.." Aqua nodded as he left her head, she had a slight headache but it didn't bother her. Eagle and the other guard named Ruby opened their doors, she walked out and saw the NightWing standing as tall as the cage, Aqua looked like a pebble next to a huge boulder, she inhaled and was brought to the centre. They both got in their ready positions. "Claws up! . . . FIGHT!" Eagle yelled, standing tall on the sand next to him, the NightWing roared but instead of slashing at Aqua, he slashed at the guard, he used his long tail and got the keys, unclamping her wrists and the wing clamps. "GO!" He shouted, Aqua flinched but hopped into the air racing after him, he got outside the arena and headed for the trees, Aqua smiled, she was free!

Her smiled faded and she screamed. "NO!" The NightWing turned around and gasped, Ruby got a hold of Aqua, dragging her back towards the arena, she flapped hard, but it did no good as she was hit with a tranq dart. Her vision went blurry and the last she saw was the NightWing going towards her, then retreating back as guards were after him, he bolted into the forest, then everything went black..

Silver POV:

Shit, shit shit! FUCKING HELL! He cursed in his head, Silver hid behind a tree, the guards growled and went back to the arena. He came out behind the tree and flew to his den, shaking off the leaves on him. "Fucking hell, Aqua.." Silver cussed with gritted teeth. He tossed the key onto his table with the scrolls. He groaned slouching back into his seat. The vision of her praying in her head for him to save her replayed.

"Please.. help me, please..!" Aqua begged in his head. "NO!" She had screeched as she got tugged back by the guards. "AQUA!" Silver yelled as he started towards her, he got advanced by Hyena and another guard, he stumbled back in the air, the last he saw of her was getting tranquilized by Ruby as she tugged on her tail. Silver dove into the trees, swinging left and right, then eventually dove behind the tree, loosing them. He turned back over at the arena and saw her being dragged away.

Silver opened his eyes madly, he lashed his tail, knocking over lots of things his den was luckily hidden. And he knew they would have high alert guards at the pillars watching, he may be a NightWing but he couldn't rescue her. You could've done something dumbass. He yelled at himself, he growled and got up resting his head against the stone wall, steadying his breathing. "No, there's nothing I could've done, I could've gotten captured then we'd both be guarded 24/7.." He said, looking at his map. Sorry Aqua, I cant get you now.

Aqua POV:

Ngh.. shit this hurts.. Aqua groaned, sitting up, she wasn't on a pillar this time, she was in a cell, with Ruby leaning against the wall, outside, sharpening a dagger that usually is in place on the wall. "Good morning asshole." Ruby said without staring at her, Aqua sat up, shaking her scales. Ruby suddenly stopped and went back on her fours. "Okay sorry, General Hyena told me to be more aggressive. Hi I'm Ruby." She said with a smile. "Oh, uh, Aqua." Aqua responded moving closer to the cell door. "Look I want to free you, but I'd get kicked off the team immediately, and I feel bad since you're a Princess and all." Ruby said, she sat down, lowering her wings slightly. "Well, maybe you can.. I'm an animus, I'm fine with my power being exposed.. just say I mind controlled you to open the door and set you free.." She suggested. Ruby made a humming noise. "That could work, but you'd have to beat me up to make it look real.." Aqua gasped. "Oh hell no I'm not beating you up, I'll, give you scars but they won't hurt.. you have to act like it though." Ruby nodded, she opened the door and let Aqua touch her, mumbling an enchantment, soon a bunch of scars appeared on Ruby and herself, the scars didn't sting at all, they just felt like sore wounds. "Okay, how do you feel..?" She asked, stepping back. "I feel fine, they just feel sore." Ruby said, looking at her scarred body. "Good, that's what it's supposed to feel like, they'll go away pretty well, thank you for doing this.." Aqua said, giving a Ruby a hug. "It's fine really.." Aqua looked at her and realized something. "Wait.. aren't you 16? You're too young to be a soldier Ruby..!" Aqua stumbled back. Ruby winced, shrugging her shoulders up. "Well, my mother forced me into it.. it would've been my sister..but.. she's dead.." Ruby lowered slightly, Aqua lifted her head up. "Hey, be strong. You'll be queen one day. I'm sure of it." Aqua said, running off into the shadows, she snuck out the backside of the cave/palace. She took off into the sky, it was barely sunrise so she had to move fast. Behind her she hard a yell. "WHERE THE FUCK IS AQUA?! SHIT! Ruby what happened to you-" She assumed it was Hyena or Citrus, Charcoal had mentioned that Ruby and Citrus were close friends, he'd trained her since day one. The voices faded out as she sped off. She got so tried she just about crash landed at the shore, she rolled into the water as the salt water filled her gills, bubbles flooded out of her mouth as she roared, flaring her wings out, she got trampled in sand as she coughed bubbles of sand.

Aqua woke up inside an ocean ruin, it didn't look like a normal SeaWing room, it looked Royal. She glanced around and saw a blue and green SeaWing washing off a red cloth, she knew the SeaWing, it was River, the SeaWing she was supposed to marry. "River?" She said in alarm, sitting up, he instantly turned and ran over. "Aqua! You're alright!" He yelled running over. "I'm fine." She said sitting up taller. River exhaled, stepping back. "You really don't want to marry me..?" He asked, Aqua felt a stab of guilt, but she had to be honest. "Yes, I'm sorry River, I want to choose my own love, I don't want it to be chosen for me.." She said looking him in the eyes, he brought his low gaze to her eyes. "Okay, honestly Aqua, I don't want to marry you either, I just wanted to because you're the first person that's really talked to me or liked me." River said, he twined his tail around her is in a nice way. Aqua smiled, she brought him into a hug. "Just because you don't find someone today, doesn't mean you never will." River smiled, he went out of the hug and looked at her. "Friends?" He asked, Aqua smiled. "Of course, I'll try to get my mom to call it off." She said standing up, flicking her tail, she stared at the deep palace from River's cave, she watched as SeaWing guards dove in and out of the water, flashing reports and scouts. River walked over and sat next to her. "I actually might've found, someone I truly like.." He said, Aqua looked at him. "Who?" She asked in a flirtatious tone. He chuckled, his face went a little red. "Viper.." Aqua squealed. "OH MY GOD YOU LIKE VIPER?!" She trotted in a circle. River hid his face in his talons. "Don't fell her Aqua I swear!" He yelled flapping his wings, Aqua giggled and sat back down. "Fiiine." Suddenly River looked at her. "Have you found someone?" That question hit her hard. The flashback of the NightWing roaring out her name before she blacked out echoed in her head, her wings drooped and her ears went down, her eyes started to water slightly. "Aqua?! Aqua! AQUA!" River yelled, snapping her attention back. "Huh?" She said. "Shit, are you alright?" He asked, she shook her head. "I'm fine.." She sat back up taller looking like nothing was wrong. "And, I haven't.. found anyone." River growled lightly. "You hesitated.." Aqua lashed her tail. "No I didn't.." She growled back, she headed for the door. "Excuse me.." And just like that, she was back in the air, it was cold and wet, and it got worse every minute. It got so bad she could barely see, Aqua could tell it was nightfall but even her night vision wasn't helping as much, a lightning bolt struck about 15 meters away from her, she yelped and flared her wings, heading to the closest and emptiest cave near the water.

She had fallen asleep in the cave, she woke up shaking the water off her wings, she exhaled, and walked outside, then she heard a yelp. "PLEASE! What do you want from me?!" It was a male voice, but not the NightWings from the arena. She hadn't seen him for about 2-3 days. She peered over the cliff by the cave she was at, she gasped to realize who it was.