Chapter 10

I puffed out all of the air I was storing in my cheeks like a chipmunk, and forced myself to push the door open.

I walked in, dripping wet, causing a large puddle of rain water to form on the old wooden floorboards, as I stared awkwardly at my parents who were sitting on the couch in silence. My mother turned to me, her mouth set in a grim line.

"How was it?" she asked, seeming almost fearful.

My father's piercing gaze was making me uncomfortable, his dark brown eyes boring into mine, trying to read me.

"It was...fine," I mumbled, dropping eye contact. I had to prepare myself for their outburst. I knew it was going to happen no matter what I said. They didn't like Logan. They didn't want me to be mated to such a monster.

"Fine?" probed my father, raising his eyebrows questionably.

I shook my head, shrugging. "Yeah, it was fine."

I was telling the truth; it was fine. I enjoyed seeing where Logan lived, and it was nothing like what I was expecting. It had changed my perspective on him. I still had little respect for him, and I wasn't sure how I felt about him, but I know I didn't hate him.

I know I was intrigued and wouldn't be able to live with myself if I told him I never wanted to see him again, because it would have been a lie.

"How could it have been fine?" my father's voice rose; my mother looking at me worriedly as my eyes started to fill with tears. I didn't know what to think anymore.

How did they expect me to answer them when I was so torn myself? I didn't know how I felt and I was scared. This had all happened so quickly and the warm feelings I was feeling towards Logan were causing me a great deal of stress.

"You weren't there, you wouldn't understand," I said angrily through gritted teeth. I was fed up of being told how to feel.

"Eliza, we do understand. I know how it feels when you meet your mate, but he isn't a good person and-"

"You don't know that!" I yelled, the tears finally falling. "You don't know anything! Stop telling me what to do, I have my own thoughts and feelings and I'm going to make my own decisions!"

"So he's got inside your head huh? He's told you how sorry he is and how long he's waited to find you? He's told you he would never have organised anything if he knew you were his mate?" laughed my father, shaking his head.

"He's a liar, Eliza! This is what they do, they suck you in, chew you up and then spit you out! I'm not allowing this to happen to you! You will never see that monster again!"

I stood there, completely frozen, gobsmacked by my father's sudden outburst. In all my twenty years, I had never heard him yell like that. I had never seen him so angry.

His face was beet red and his hands were balled up into fists; his chest visibly moving up and down due to his heavy breathing.

I finally recomposed myself, huffed and span on my heel, sprinting out of the door and out into the pouring rain.

"Eliza!" yelled my mother worriedly as she stood in the door entrance, tears dribbling down her cheeks.

I ran as fast as I could, rage boiling in my blood, adrenaline empowering me. I couldn't believe them. They were my parents, but they couldn't control me like this.

I wasn't a child anymore. I was an adult and I didn't care what they said, I was going to be making my own decisions for me, not them.

I slowed down to a jog when I saw the path that led down to Alpha James' house. I bit my lip nervously before turning down it, making my way towards it. I wanted to talk to James.