Chapter 11

I brought another forkful of pancakes into my mouth, savouring the taste as I looked at Theo who was smirking at me from across the table.

"You know, you eat like a pig," he laughed, shovelling in an entire piece of toast.

I shook my head, laughing. "You can talk."

Yesterday had been confusing and emotional, but I was glad to have got some sleep; away from my own home.

I felt awake and fresh, and although I was anxious to see my parents again, I knew I couldn't stay hidden in James' house forever, however the idea sounded pretty tempting.

"Do you two want anything else?" asked James, walking into the large dining room.

"No, thank you James. I appreciate breakfast; you really didn't have to," I said, smiling and gathering my dirty plate and cutlery together, heading over to the sink to wash them up.

"Oh, but I really did, Theo can't last ten minutes without food. I was making some anyway," laughed James, nudging me aside and taking the spoon and bowl from my hands. "I'll do these. You need to go and talk to your parents."

I nodded, knowing it had to be done. "I'm nervous."

James smiled. "Just be honest. Tell them everything you're thinking and feeling right now. If you need me, you can always pop over again or give me a call."

"Thank you so much," I said before making my way back into the dining room.

"You're leaving?" asked Theo, slightly pouting his lip like a child.

"Yeah, I need to go talk to my parents."

"What is there to say? Do you really think they'll let you see Logan again after what he did?" questioned Theo, clear annoyance in his voice.

I shook my head, dropping eye contact. "I don't know. I don't even know what I feel right now, but I need to talk to them. I'll see you soon, and maybe soon you can teach me how to paint."

Theo beamed, nodding his head. "Yeah, I'd like that."

Flashing him one last grin, I turned and made my way out of the front door, gazing up at the shining sun. I was glad the weather had taken a turn, and the gloomy grey rain clouds had disappeared- it definitely helped me feel more positive.

As I strolled my way down the path, I allowed my mind to wander to last night with Theo. I just couldn't believe he had such a talent.

Did James know? Did his mother know?

These were all things I had forgotten to ask him, but I had enjoyed sitting in silence as I watched him finish his masterpiece. The way he seemed so at home and at ease- he was in his element when he was painting.

I used to feel at home and at ease, before all of this happened. I used to read every night, and since everything had happened, I hadn't even picked up a book. I didn't want to forget who I was and where I was going in life.

Just because I had found my mate, didn't mean I had to give up all my hopes and dreams. I wanted to be more than just a Luna of a pack- I wanted to make something of myself.

As I approached my house, I took a deep breath. readying myself. I was going to be cool, calm and collected. I wasn't going to shout or cry. I wanted to be mature about this.

As I pushed the front door open, the scent of musk hit me, wafting up my nostrils. I squinted my eyes, confused, gazing around the living room, but no one was there.

"Mom? Dad?" I called, shutting the door behind me.

"In here!" yelled my mother as she peered her head around the corner, forcing a smile.

"I wanted to talk to you guys," I said as I rounded the corner, cracking my knuckles in preparation, a habit I was yet to break.

"So did we," mumbled my father, frowning.

I scanned the dining room to see my mother, my father and...

"Logan?" I whispered, my eyes widening in shock.

He sat on the opposite side of the table to my parents wearing a long sleeve grey top and black jeans.

His almost black hair was styled nicely and he had let his stubble grow a little bit more, making him appear even more rugged. His hazel eyes bored into mine and he smiled, flashing a row of perfect white teeth.

"He decided to show up with no warning," growled my father, glaring at me.

"Dad, I didn't invite him," I mumbled, chewing on my nails nervously.

"It's true, Eliza didn't invite me Mr Bennett. I just wanted to stop by."

Logan's tone was casual and genuine; no sense of sarcasm or bitterness which I was grateful for.

"You can't just barge yourself onto our territory-"

"Actually, I can. Your Alpha has said as long as I come alone, I am welcome onto your territory," announced Logan, standing up and making his way over to me, taking my hand in his, forcing my father's eyes to turn a stormy shade of grey.

My hand tingled and I gulped, not liking the way my parents were analysing me.

"Let's go, I'd like to talk to you," said Logan, pulling me out of the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking back through the window to see my mother's face in her hands. I pushed the regret and guilt aside, turning my attention towards my mate who was now making his way down the path towards the forest.

"I just wanted to get out of earshot. I didn't think you would want anyone eavesdropping," said Logan, stopping just next to a large oak tree, leaning on it and pushing his hands into his jean pockets.

I nodded, forcing a half-smile. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

Logan shrugged. "I didn't really have a way to tell you. I don't have your number, so I thought I'd just show up."

"Oh, well my parents didn't look very pleased."

"No, but your mother was at least kind enough to let me in after I apologised for everything that had happened," Logan laughed, obviously avoiding mentioning my father. "My mother liked you."

My eyes widened and I opened my mouth in shock, not sure of what to say. Did his mother know who I was?

Logan rolled his eyes, holding his hands up defensively. "Don't worry, I didn't tell her anything. She just said you seemed...sweet."

"She was very nice."

Logan laughed, sending my tummy into a frenzy of butterflies. His laugh was infectious and I couldn't help but notice the tensing of his jaw when his mouth opened, causing his sharp jawline to become even more pronounced.

"Eliza, I need to tell you something," he mumbled, dropping his gaze.

I waited, my hands slightly shaking and my body starting to come out in a sweat.

Was he going to tell me this was going to be the last time he would see me? Was he going to tell me I had to come and be the Luna of his pack and I was never going to see my family again? Was he going to tell me-

"Eliza, I'm organising another Whipping."

................................................

Question for my readers! What's your star sign?