Chapter 22- Morning sunshine

Before we start I just wanted to say.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READERSSSS!!🥳🥳🥳
I'm literally screaming 😱 I remember when I only had 20 readers and now suddenly we hit 1K.

To all of you who have supported me and this story. To all of you that have read, voted, commented and even put it on your read list I am forever tankful for☺️
-----------------
-----------------

The sun was glowing in my eyes while Me, Yoh and the others we're watching the first battle
there's been, since we arrived. Kalim was the so called judge over this battle. The sun felt warm against the fabric of my clothes and the skin that I hadn't covered. I was wearing my favorite mom jeans (and I just noticed that I'm almost the only girl that wears jeans here), with an oversized t-shirt that reached my hips, my hair was pulled/pinned back in a bun with a couple of curly hair strings out.

"Looks like the cowboys are one of Hao's followers" Manta muttered beside Yoh.

I scoffed with a smirk on "of course they are Hao's followers..." since I saw them at the hotel that I now share with Hao and his little lost puppies.

I didn't tell anyone about this tho, it just felt so unnecessary to bring up. We just share a hotel together it's not like we're sleeping together.

"Shamans get ready!" Kalim yelled and took over our attention again.
"Ready..."
"Set..."
"Go!"

The other team (I don't know what they were called since I didn't listen) attacked 'the cowboys' but they all dodged the attack. And did the same thing (attacked all together) which made them win.

Long story short since no one probably understands my explanations= The cowboys won.
The battle it's self was pretty short too, to my dislike. I liked a tough battle where there was equally chance for both of the teams to win. Even from miles away you could predict that the cowboys would win (the other team stud no chance against them). And I liked a challenge rather then a ten against one type of fight.

"The winners are THE COWBOYS! And don't forget to check out the cafe..." blah blah blah.

We all heard a deep chuckle and looked up to be greeted by the same face I so desperately try to avoid.

"Hao was also watching the fight" Horo said and nudged me in the elbow.

"Thank you mister obvious" I hissed but they all ignored me.

"Great, and I was starting to wonder, where he was" Choco said sarcastically. It looked like Hao heard our little chit chat since he let out an amused laugh. But it didn't really sound happy.

His eyes trailed over to me and I swear I saw him wink at me but I wasn't sure. I looked over at Yoh and he looked...how do I put this...disturbed.

"Come on let's go" I whispered to him as his expression softened. I grabbed his hand and pulled him away. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Hao's expression change too, as if he and Yoh had changed moods. Somehow thinking it was a good idea I shot him the same wink he did me, and his reaction was unreadable.

Where ever I went where ever I was, Hao would always be there.
I don't know if I should cry or laugh.

Later...