ONE

Aria
Three Years Later

Lying on my back, I looked through my photo album that I had tucked away in a box under my bed. In this photo album, it held all the memories I made over the years. Henry, Charlotte and Jasper; the only friends I honestly had. 

"Aria, you haven't put down that photo album in years." My mom walked in and sat on the edge of my bed. 

I quickly glanced up, then returned back to staring at the photos, "It's not easy going three years without speaking to your best friends." I spat, growing irritated that my mom doesn't realize how much this move hurt me. 

"That's why I came up here to talk to you," my mom started, and I was getting suspicious, "we think that it's time to move back to Swellview." 

 I sat up, not bothering to move the photo album away from my lap. My eyes stayed fixed on the picture of me and Henry. My arms were wrapped around his tiny frame as his arms wrapped around my shoulders. That was three years ago; we were both thirteen and just kids at the time. 

"What?" I asked, even though I clearly heard her the first time she said it. 

"You heard me honey. We leave tomorrow morning. The moving truck will be here at six." She patted my knee before leaving me to start packing my room. 

I heaved myself around my room, searching for my multiple suitcases. Once I found them, I grabbed all of my clothes and stuffed them in, barely having enough room to zip up my bags.

 I had boxes lying in my room that my dad gave me and I started to pack everything up. The only things that were left were my bed, two dressers and a nightstand, but those would be put into the moving truck tomorrow morning.

The Next Morning 

I woke up at the break of dawn, my body pumping with adrenaline. I move back to Swellview today, and hopefully our old house wasn't sold. I rolled my suitcases to my parents car and opened the trunk, using all my weight to lift them into the truck of the car. 

"Don't work yourself too much. Your father and I will load up the moving trunk and you just rest in the car until we leave." I yawned, opening  the car door and getting in, almost slamming my foot between the door. 

I closed my eyes, letting my body and mind take over. I didn't hear anything as my eyelids fell heavy and I was soon fast asleep.

 As I slept, I kept thinking over what I would say to Henry when I got to see him after three years. 

 We arrived in Swellview at about ten, so I hoped that my old house would still be there. Thank god it was when we pulled into the driveway. 

I looked down the street, my whole body coming to a complete halt. My eyes fixed on the house just five houses down from mine; Henry's house. 

I haven't been here since the day I told them I was moving. I felt my eyes start to water so I blinked a few times to stop myself from crying. 

"You should go see Henry." My mom and dad said eager for me to see my best friend. 

I took off running until I reached his doorstep. Cupping my hands, I placed them on the glass and looked through, everything was the same as it used to be. 

Gaining up enough courage, I hesitantly knocked on the wooden door. Shuffling was heard from inside, which made me think that it was Henry. 

"Hey...Piper?" My mouth dropped open when I saw how much Piper had grown since I last saw her. Her eyes were glued onto her phone screen. 

"Yeah? What do you- oh my god, Aria?" 

I smiled when she let me inside of her house. Not even thinking, I ran up the stairs and down the hall, stopping at the first door on the left. I knocked, receiving no answer. I pushed open the door to find the room completely empty. 

"If you're looking for Henry, he's at work." I jumped when I heard Piper's voice. I turned around, a hand over my chest as I walked out past her and back down the stairs. 

"Since when did Henry-" I stopped my sentence, realizing that he got a job a day before I left Swellview. 

"He works at some place called Junk N' Stuff. It's right around the corner if you want to see him." 

I said thanks and left Henry's room. I walked down the stairs, meeting the bottom of them before I turned around to ask Piper something. I contemplated on asking her, scared that she might jump to conclusions right away.

"How's Henry been doing?" I asked, wondering if they still fight as much as they used to. She grinned at me, then took out her phone. 

"In all honesty, I think he really misses you. Look at this." I took a closer look at Piper's phone. seeing a picture of Henry. In the picture, Henry was cuddling a picture of me and him of when were thirteen. 

I smiled and wiped a tear off my cheek, "I miss him too." 

I took out my phone and searched up the address of Junk N' Stuff. I got there and walked in, a gigantic dinosaur head scaring the living crap out of me. 

I roamed around, not seeing anyone working behind the counter. I pressed the bell, waiting for someone to ask if I need assistance, which I do but not for anything in the store. I just need to see Henry. 

I waited a few minutes before I walked around the store a little bit more. There was a turtle where its butt was facing towards me. I shuddered a bit. The plant that was by the counter started talking, and I screamed at the top of my lungs. 

I fell backwards into a bucket from my scream. I picked myself up from out of the bucket and dusted myself off before walking to the counter and ringing the bell once again. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming!"

A familiar voice was loud from the back of the room, along with the sound of feet moving. I heard a couple of things falling in the back. 

The chain link type of curtain was moved out of the way, a slightly curly headed boy making his way to the counter without looking at me. I recognized that hair, which made me realize who it was. 

"Jasper?"